Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama to tax SOUP KITCHENS

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Sep 15, 2011.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -8

#51 Jersey

2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I think the proposed tax change affects charities in general, not just soup kitchens. This is consistent with Obama's preference for public solutions over private ones. Many charities are competition for the government. Can't have that, can we?

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What a horsesh!t thread title.

This is a tax proposal aimed at closing the loopholes many "charitable" contributions take advantage of. To me, Obama is not the type to wake up one day and think, "I think I'll tax soup kitchens today!". Whatever you think of the guy, that's not the intent of this proposal. Anti-American scumbags like Cantor and those who ejaculate to his every word know this as well. IF this proposal ever gets to Congress, it will be changed so much Obama wouldn't be able to recognize it.

This false outrage by the Cantorites is just another example of the Teabaggers' inability to think and act like grownups. The real problem with closing loopholes related to things like like "charitable donations" is that the mega-rich won't be able to use them to adjust their tax liability. That, and churches- many of which are loaded with cash, sociopaths and sexual deviants- are undoubtedly having a hissy fit about anything that threatens their tax-exempt status. I'm sure we'll be hearing from them about this. Screw them.

In the end, as everyone with a brain knows, soup kitchens and church thrift shops will not be "taxed" so calm down, stop acting like children and grow the f*@k up.