Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama to Foxnews: Stop attacking my administration

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jun 16, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama Blasts Fox News: 'I've Got One Television Station that is Entirely Devoted to Attacking My Administration'

2. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Actually, I was watching Obama when he mentioned it. When I read your title, I thought I'd click and see WTF you were talking about. Maybe you should have stated "chuckled" in your headline, otherwise its misleading (oh, sorry for being so redundant).

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

So he's got one station criticizing him, and his policies, but just about every other ball washing him. If only everyone had but one critic, life would be so grand.

4. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Fox news does it because it doesn't need Obama to bail them out.

5. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's not Fox's fault Obama has done nothing good to report.

"I said some years ago that the genius of Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes was to have discovered a niche market in American broadcasting -- half the American people. The reason Fox News has thrived and grown is because it offers a vibrant and honest alternative to those who could not abide yet another day of the news delivered to them beneath layer after layer of often undisguised liberalism." - Charles Krauthammer current winner of the Eric Breindel Award for Excellence in Opinion Journalism.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Exactly, Fox tells the truth and the obamans cry.

I'm sure Bush would have loved to just have one TV station out to get him.

obama, stop whining like the little baby that you are. And quit spending money too. Then maybe you'll be criticized less.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Hes laughing because FOX news is a joke.

This same network that gave bush the old rub and tug, has now toted the company line so far to the right, they have become a network that broadcasts fear and opinion rather than news.

If you get any news from FOX, or any Rupert Murdoch owned media outlet without another source or three...you are a moron.

The fact that a news network needs multiple source backups speaks volumes of the validity of the station. The fact that they broadcast opinionated questions as debatable facts, using sources like "some" and "there are those who say..." tells me all I need to know.

Don't believe me? watch the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.

Listen, kids. I understand the need to report the oposition, but doing it with factless rants that lately have been inciting violence is dangeous to society at best. I'm constantly reminded of the broadcasting coward from V for Vandetta when I see the network's top stars debating their goofy, factless opinions.

The zenith of this was a two part interview with Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh a few weeks ago.....two opinion guys, jerking each other off with a nod and a smile. All directed to make the viewer fear the future.

The report on Drudge today says it all about the likes of neoconservative jerkoffs...basically b!tching about the access a network was getting from teh Obama adminstration.....all the while completely ignoring the Bush years, and happy endings given to him by Rupert and his Hoz....

YouTube - Fox News (Bret Baier) Far Flung Special On G W Bush

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Our little baby doll doesn't like the mean people at Fox so he calls them a joke. Ha. If they're a joke the other stations are just as much of a joke in the other direction. Fox has totally qualified guests from both sides and the opinions are stated fairly.

Or you could watch the unbiased Tingle Leg.

9. Michael

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, unfortunately O'Reily and Hannity are the poster boys and I can't stand either of them. I really like Fox News Sunday. I DVR it every week. Former CNN guy Beck has great topics but, I can't stand his entertainment style. But, only the smart people knew enough to go to CNN for those critical "no bias breaking news" stories ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

O'Reilly is way more fair than he's given credit for. Hannity does go over the top but he generally has good, intelligent guests. Beck's style is weird but I think I've gotten used to it - it's not a good time for me, though. Fox News Sunday is good as is Cavuto along with the Fox Business Channel.

11. Michael

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hannity loses me with his religious morality talk. And O'Reilly is just such a smug douche IMO. He's still way way way above Olbermann though. The worst person indeed.

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You got that right. All the other nets and cables are tripping all over themselves to give this guy every break known to humankind, and he is complaining about a little holding-feet-to-the-fire from FOX!! :wha:

It's pretty disturbing that this guy expects to be regailed as some kind of infallible king or something. :nooo:

//

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Agreed on O'Reilly. He makes extra effort to see both sides, and report it that way. Of course, he has his own perspective but at least he's open about it. He's no drive-by Dan Rather, that's for sure.

//

14. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +158 / 8 / -7

I enjoy Fox News. I definitely find O'Reilly to be fair and like Fogbuster said, he makes a pretty good effort to allow "the other" side to be heard.

Fox News also reports some stories that the other networks do not which makes it more appealing to me.

And yes! They are pretty strongly biased (like the only mainstream network with a conservative slant). They are pretty open about it, unlike the other networks which pretend that they are unbiased in their reporting.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

The flaw in the obamans' arguement is he assumes the others are fair and Fox is biased. While both are actually biased, he forgets that Fox could be being fair and the others are biased.

Is there a more biased run than Mathews, Olberman and Maddow ? My God, what a disgrace.

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's the old "winning by perception" game: the left thinks that if they can pack more of their kind into the high-profile media talking heads positions, then people will start thinking such bimbos are the norm. China, Russia, and Iran's crazies all say, "Go for it, main stream US media!! Keep on dumbing down America!!! We're ready to pick up the pieces, you idiots!!!"

:steamed:

//

17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

More America bashing from our enemies overseas...just what we need.

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+3]"America is the greatest country in the history of the world, and I want to change it." -- Barrack Hussein Obama [/size]

//

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I wonder if His Highness, Prince Obama noticed what NBC, CBS, ABC, and PBS did to GW Bush for eight years.

Dear President Jug Ears,
    It's called "freedom of the press" America, America, God shed his grace on thee.
    My response to you Mr President would be "tough sh!t" your no better than any other President and they all had to deal with it, go play with your puppy and get over it.
    Yours Truly
    Harry

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  20. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +153 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey