Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama: That question is above my pay grade

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Aug 17, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

The guy can't even answer a simple question!

Asked at what point a baby gets “human rights,” Obama, who strongly supports abortion rights, said: “… whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity … is above my pay grade.”

http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/08/16/obama-says-pointed-abortion-query-above-his-pay-grade/

Of course we all know where he stands, he even was the only one to stop a bill from passing (I know, your thinking he never really votes on anything, how could he stop a bill from passing) well apparently he felt strong enough about this one to stop it.

Pro-life blogger Jill Stanek recently wrote a column for WorldNetDaily.com titled "Obama's biggest lie about supporting infanticide." She points out Obama actively opposed the Born Alive Infants Protection Act for three years in the Illinois senate.

"He voted against it. He was the sole senator speaking against it on the [Illinois] senate floor [for] two years. And the third year, he held the bill from being considered altogether in committee and killed the bill," Stanek contends.

She says Obama's explanation for opposing the Illinois bill does not pass the straight-face test because, as a committee chairman, he blocked the measure's sponsor from adding the federal language protecting Roe vs. Wade. That federal provision says the bill does not deny or add rights to the species Homo sapiens before birth.

Stanek fought to stop "live-birth abortion" after holding a live aborted baby at a Chicago-area hospital where she worked as a registered nurse.

"Barack Obama is now saying that, had that provision been in the Illinois bill he would have voted for it, which is absolutely false – because in 2003, the senate sponsor tried to add that provision and Barack Obama, as the chairman of the committee where the bill was being held, disallowed him from adding that provision, disallowed me from testifying, disallowed the committee from even voting on it. So, it sat in committee for 22 months," Stanek explains.

She reveals it was not until Obama left the Illinois Senate that the Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act passed in August of 2005.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=164320

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yes, we get it... you don't like the black guy... and you prefer the miserly undead old man who's promised more wars...

but, why don't you consolidate your angst in one thread? ...

boooooooooooooooooooring...

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Typical liberal negative reaction ... so predictable.

4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

Nice try with the Race Card, who do you think I am, Howard Dean??

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

The liberals are already softening up this blunder by saying he was making a joke ... referencing pay grade as to mean he is not God.:rolleyes:

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Yeah we don't . . . but you know what ? It's not because he's (half) black.

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 11 / -7

Yeah just as the McCain hacks are softening up his "Rich... five million dollars?" response.

What the hell do you think he meant, silly man? There aren't many pay grades over his, taking pay grade to mean decision-making power.

He's saying it's not within his expertise, either on a scientific level or a theological one, to specify the moment when a fetus becomes a human being.

That's consistent with a pro-choice point of view. At birth, historically (both in this country and elsewhere,) we typically recognize civil rights applying at birth. Prior to birth, for millenia, abortion has been considered something a bit scandalous here and there, but was not recognized as a murder.

The religious right seemed to have become obsessed with abortion sometime in the twentieth century. Weird that it took twenty centuries to identify this gravest of all sins in the Christian canon.

So, to the question:

McCain KNOWS that civil rights apply at conception - which would of course mean forcing a woman to bear a child who would kill her, through the pregnancy; would mean forcing a woman to bear the child of her rapist; would force a girl of 12 to bear the child of her own father; and a laundry list of what I would consider other undesireable outcomes.

Beyond that, I suppose a woman who has sex, does not know she is pregnant, and gets drunk every night until she realizes she is pregnant, can be charged with murder if she miscarries. Or at least manslaughter.

Yeah it's good to be decisive, John.

Jeepers I wonder how we got into Iraq...

PFnV

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Well maybe that's because pro-choice is the only choice. Let us just thank God there is a choice, right FTW?:D

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I actually thought that was the only thing he could have meant. What else would he be referring to? Let us all just hope R v W doesn't ever get over-turned. :cool:

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, we have little doubt that it's indeed largely because of that. You're not fooling anyone. You especially.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

Great role model by the fraud mod.. I thought the rule was 4 paragraphs.. but you know how all that goes, if it is Obama bashing there are no rules and kinda made up as Fraud Ted goes along.

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

The fact that he IS black is why I want him as our president. Effing right. This isn't a white country, so why not. Its a country for everyone and anyone....right y'all?;)

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

He's not a mod on this board, that's for sure.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

Sure he is, the rotten bastard suspended me for a week once and let the other guy go...

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

That in itself is a sad statement for "Politically-nuetral" board to make. Well, let us just be grateful that Patters will "figuratively" kick his butt and keep him in line.

It is possible for any of us to send Ian a memo letting him know what's going on. It won't affect your status on this board.

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Well you have no clue do you ? I agree with basically nothing he says.

Now, if this guy :

http://www.allenwestforcongress.com/

Had more experience and were running then I would be voting for the black candidate.

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

That's just as stupid as voting against him because he's (half) black.

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Gee...let me guess...he's a republican who is really into the stock market. Having not bothering to read your link, that would be my impression of a black candidate you would support.

19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

He's a Republican. I just happened to hear him on the radio and checked out his website. I was very impressed listening to him. And guess what ? He's black which is fine with me.

20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I'm not surprised you don't care what race he is BF. I know you're an intelligent man and I don't know too many intelligent people who are racists. That would be one of those terms like Jumbo-shrimp or military-intelligence...I forget what they are called.

You & I just have very different points of view and that is worth celebrating in this country. It is what being a US citizen is all about. I'd love to debate you on why private companies are much better than public corporations, but that's off-topic.;)