Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama TAX EXEMPTION

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jun 26, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Unions? Health Benefits May Avoid Tax Under Senate Proposal - Bloomberg.com

There are certain groups that will not be TAXED under Obama universal health care. Obama wants us to pay for it so that others don't have to. Is it great?

Yes, it pays to be a UNION member !
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

He's paying back the unions for their support and buying it for the future. They're hiding behind the contract that doesn't tax health care payments - but that's too bad, he's changing the rules for the rest of us and was happy to break the contracts when buying GM and Chrysler. If this happens he's going to piss off a lot of middle class people.
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

It's not only unethical, it's blatant favoritism. "IF" this happens, Obama will not only have broken his PROMISE not to increase taxes on those making less than $250K, he will have gone against his word on fairness and transparency.
  4. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Why is it shocking to you when Obama does it?

It's NOT an IF. It's the reality.
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Just wait until your energy bills, along with additional general inflation, go up due due Cap & Tax.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I saw this earlier today, but haven't been able to read up enough yet. If it's what I think it is, and it might not be, it's outrageous. If this is "change we can believe in", then we're in for some serious trouble moving forward. Does anyone in the Obama camp understand basic math, and economics? What are they trying to do in Washington? The policies being both passed, and attempted, are mind boggling. They are going to squeeze the middle class in ways we've never seen. This country is going to become like Italy is. There won't be a genuine middle class. There will only be the rich, a general working class, and the leaches. The people who will be worse off, the suckers, will be the general working class, that's getting hosed in the you know what. This is really mind boggling. Cap and trade, Amnesty, gubmit healthcare, bailouts, tax exempted unions, bailouts....we're screwed.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +131 / 7 / -13

They are econimic fasicst, not hard to understand.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

The president who so many hoped would save us with "change you can believe in" is destined to go down in history as the worst president ever, the one who's policies the country will never be able to recover from. obaba = the end of the U.S. as we know it.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

He's 5 or 6 months into his first term, so worst ever not something I can't subscribe to. I said it with GW, and I'll say it here, that a president can't be judged until his tenure has passed, and his policies have had time to be properly judged. Still though, I get your basic point, and that is about how our current path is not a good one. I have to say, I'm not thrilled with what's going on, and I never expected to be. I told people he wasn't a pragmatist, nor a moderate, and that he is a liberal. It reminded me of being told how bush was a "conservative", and then wondering where the fiscal insanity was coming from. Well, he's wasn't a conservative. Certainly not a fiscal one. With Obama, I heard how he is a pragmatist, and a moderate. Not a chance.
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

[​IMG]
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's just basic math, he's putting us so far in debt that compound interest will take over. The only way he can try to make it work out is with hugely optimistic estimates on economic growth. Unless that happens, he cannot succeed and will put us under water in a tidal wave of debt. If people think we will have excellent GDP growth starting next year, great; if not he has finished us off.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I'm trying to figure out what the end game is here. At what figure do we reach a breaking point? 60 years of red ink, and over $11 trillion in national debt, and rising. Yikes.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's why I say he's destined to be a failure unless something shocking happens. It's like me being $50K in debt - a lot for me but I could manage it over the years to suddenly being $750K in debt. Absolutely unmanageable with my only change to be winning the lottery.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

NO SECOND TERM!!

Patters, you're dreaming if you think for a minute that Obama will get re-elected if he keeps up with his current trend. He is alienating the very people who voted for him...the middle class. The things he wants are not the things we want, I'll guarantee you that.

The middle class is not looking for a leveling of the economic playing field, you can bet the house on that. And I'm talking about democrats like myself.

By far his biggest promise was NOT TO INCREASE TAXES UPON THOSE MAKING LESS THAN $250K....what do you think is happening to that promise Patters? A candidate can NOT be elected based upon a set of promises, break those promises and then expect to get re-elected. Just from a moral standpoint, even you should agree with that.

The votes of the poor won't get anyone into office, so I don't understand why he's doing what he's doing. If things continue to go this way, I will definately vote independent or republican in 3 1/2 years.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 6 / -8

Exactly how is 9.7T at the end of Bush to 10T plus under Obama like you going from 50K in debt to 750K in debt?
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

My example wasn't to the right scare but you are WAY off :

Projected Deficit - washingtonpost.com

I know that is DEFICIT not DEBT but that graph shows what obama is adding to Bush's debt and it's not the number you said, it also doesn't account for Cap&Tax or his $1.5T healthcare fiasco.
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 6 / -8

Yep, so your opinion is that the CBO's estimate of the economic recovery (we are projecting; we have to use some assumption,) is wrong.

Now there are a few points here:

1) a great deal of Obama's spending is ICU spending on the basket case left by Bush, but also

2) You legitimately point out that Obama's spending does not stop at ONLY fixing the mess he inherited. He is targeting other issues besides cleaning up Bush's mess. This is what you legitimately call "Obama's spending."

3) As to the CBO vs. White House estimates, the outside estimate is doubling the debt over 10 years -- not quite the same as "he already done doubled the debt!" -- and that would be exactly the Bush track record, in terms of order of magnitude. Of course since he'd be pulling the trick on Bush's 10T, Obama's total bill -- including Bush clean-ups -- would be even higher than Bush's. I hear you on that count.

Now then:

Let's look at the White House's projections and reasoning. Here's part of the budget narrative for '10:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2010/assets/assumptions.pdf

In Chart 12-5, the administration directly addresses the CBO estimates vs. the administration estimates:

The Obama estimate for growth for the 5 years after a recession is an annualized rate of 3.8%.

The CBO estimate is 3.7%.

The historical average is 4.2%.

I am sure you will find much fault throughout this document, however your assumption and the CBO's assumption of a weak recovery -- even over five years -- seem somewhat at odds with historical experience. Typically the depth of a recession correlates with the strength of the recovery that follows. The WH acknowledges this, and shoots low anyway. CBO shoots lower.

Is this an article of faith, since it is at odds with historical experience?

PFnV