Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Supports Wireless Wiretapping

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this is a good move by the administration and I am glad to see he has the courage to renege on his campaign promises by continuing with the Bush policy on this issue. I just wonder why he isn't getting the same criticism from certain parties that Bush got. :confused:

The Associated Press: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

"The Obama administration has essentially adopted the position of the Bush administration in these cases, even though candidate Obama was incredibly critical of both the warrantless wiretapping program and the Bush administration's abuse of the state secrets privilege," said Bankston.

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so you quote the lawyer... that's awesome...

i suspect this will be similar to when con men such as yourself pretended Obama carried the same policy on rendition as Boy King, when in fact it was vastly different, giving the Red Cross access to all detainees at all times.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Change:
    I see nothing changed, all things seem to be the same as they were during the Bush years, the only thing that has changed is The left Wing Media no longer complains nor does the MTV Crowd.

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, when discussing a court case regarding a lawsuit that involves federal legal policy and the U.S. Department of Justice and the Attorney General, I had the audacity to actually quote a lawyer. Whatever was I thinking? :rolleyes:

5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is 100% correct and that's the real change. We no longer hear how the adminstration is shredding the Constitution or other such nonsense. He's still doing the exact same things Bush is doing, but somehow he's a Messiah for it.

I meant what I said when I said I respect him for going back on all his campaign promises. It just confirms what I have been saying for years now: Bush's policies were wise and make this country safer.

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bush was an idiot led by a cabal of sinister, privatize-everything, Constitution raping neo cons. If you believe this country is "safer", you should really think about leaving your gated community and take a long hard look at 15% unemployment, an exhausted military and the collapse of the dollar. It's Bush League deregulation that sunk our empire. We've all been Enron-ed.

I notice you didn't comment on the fact that Obama rendition is NOT THE SAME as your hero was doing. Just keep promoting the falsehoods.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Many of Bush's controversial policies enacted in the wake of 9/11 have made this country safer, despite the amounts of criticism they received. President Obama, who is clearly a lot smarter than Candidate Obama, is smart enough to realize this and continue those policies.

Your hypoerbole and gross exaggerations do absolutely nothing to change that fact.
    Yes, when someone tries to hijack a thread of mine, I usually ignore that attempt. If you have something to say about rendition, then please feel free to start a thread of your own without hijacking someone else's.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What did I exaggerate about? Do you want to discuss the real unemployment rate, or the cause behind it?

It's quite relevant, considering your kind tried to do the same thing regarding torture, pretending Obama's policy is the same as Idiot King's. Quite relevant. I'll bet anything Obama's "wiretapping" policy (while still un-Constitutional) is not the same as Boy George's.

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, just the part where you said "15% unemployment, an exhausted military and the collapse of the dollar."
    Not really. What I want to discuss is warrentless wiretapping, which is why I started a thread dedicated to that subject. If I wanted to discuss those other things I would have started or joined threads that were about them. I would not hijack other peoples' threads.
    Well how would you say the new administration's policy differs significantly from the previous one? Or are you just saying "I bet (it) is not the same as Boy George's" without having any evidence to support that belief?