Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama stopped weariong US Flag Pin in War statement

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Mar 17, 2008.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 15 / -9

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3690000&page=1

I don't see why he would stop wearing a United States of America Pin
    because of the War.

Doesn't he like America?

Maybe he is not proud of America, Like his wife Michelle.

Maybe his anti-America pastor told him to stop wearing the pin.

Nice way to support the troops !

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

You're pretty freakin pathetic jack. If thats all you do is try to find these little tid bits of B.S.
    You have to remember something. You belong to the vast minority. You're vision of what America is not what the ave. citizen thinks it is. You and the little gang of neo-cons keep trying their best to smear any body that doesn't fit what their idea of what an American is,or should be. America was founded on diversty of ideas and openly vocalising those ideas.
    Obama isn't wearing his flag pin. Give me a fvckin break. Maybe he was in a hurry just forgot to put it on.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  3. cupofjoe1962

Ratings:
    +102 / 15 / -9

No Pal you liberal left wing loons are the real problem with this country.
    You support a candidate who is running for President as a uniter while
    he has been a member of a separatist church for 20 years.

The BLACK VALUES SYSTEM OF THE UNITED TRINITY CHURCH must really give white people a warm feeling.
    http://www.tucc.org/black_value_system.html

#2 - Commitment to the Black Community The highest level of achievement for any Black person must be a contribution of strength and continuity of the Black Community.

#3 - Commitment to the Black Family - The Black family circle must generate strength, stability and love, despite the uncertainty of externals, because these characteristics are required if the developing person is to withstand warping by our racist competitive society.

#6 Adherence to the Black Work Ethic - “It is becoming harder to find qualified people to work in Chicago.” Whether this is true or not, it represents one of the many reasons given by businesses and industries for deserting the Chicago area. We must realize that a location with good facilities, adequate transportation and a reputation for producing skilled workers will attract industry. We are in competition with other cities, states and nations for jobs. High productivity must be a goal of the Black workforce.

#9 - Pledge to Make the Fruits of All Developing and Acquired Skills Available to the Black Community.

#10 - Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions.

#11 - Pledge Allegiance to All Black Leadership Who Espouse and Embrace the Black Value System.

#12 Personal Commitment to Embracement of the Black Value System. To measure the worth and validity of all activity in terms of positive contributions to the general welfare of the Black Community and the Advancement of Black People towards freedom.

I cannot believe that a top candidate for President belongs to this racist
    church and you liberal loons continue to support him.

Yeah... big deal he does not want to where his flag pin in protest of the
    war.

So what if his wife is proud of America for the first time in her adult life.

You may support Obama, but I am not afraid to call a fraud a fraud.
    Obama is like most liberals..... a complete fraud !

The big uniter running for change !

Sure call me a racist..... I don't belong to a racist church.
    Would vote for a black for president?
    YES !!!!!!!!!!
    Let me know when any of these people run, I would even hold a sign...
    Colin Powell.
    Clarence Thomas
    Condolezza Rice

4. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

I'm not even close to being LT. I'm more center RT,or Lt. depending on the issue. But I can spot a pack of lieing weasels a mile away.
    Oh yeah while i'm here. In one of you're neo-fascist rants you say that Obama should open up his records about where he was during some mass. Well the records of who visits the White house,and Vice President are suposse to be public records so how come they won't let us see them. That being Bush and Cheney. HUHH what are they hidding.

5. cupofjoe1962

Ratings:
    +102 / 15 / -9

neo-fascist rants .... I don't think so !

I have not problem with immigration, as long as it is legal.
    I do not believe in illegal immigrants receiving benefits,
    drivers liciences, welfare, social security or social security disability
    insurance (a favorite of drug addicts).

I guess I am a bad guy, for believing that rewarding bad behavior is
    a bad idea.

Play by the rules.... and all is cool !

:singing:

6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

All the things you mention above I agree with. As far as illegal immigrints goes ....back the trucks up,load them up and send them back. After all they are here illegaly If Hagel,or Joe Biden were running for prez i might vote for them, they don't pander to the religious right. I've been reading many of you're posts and they don't sound as reasonable as the above. There could be many reasons he wasn't wearing a pin that don't have to do with being anti-American. I don't know who I'm going to vote for I know its not going to be clinton,ahh pant suit. But if I was going to vote for McCain the fact that he's buddies with that fruit bag Parsley wouldn't stop me.

7. cupofjoe1962

Ratings:
    +102 / 15 / -9

I am no fan of McCains, but he will probably get my vote.

McCain got endorsed by both Parsley & Hagee.
    He does not attend their church and as he said, they endorsed my ideas, I did not endorse theirs.

Obama is linked with this Jeromiah Wright for 20 years.
    Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."

The biggest issue I have with Obama is, why is he still a member of a
    church that promotes a "black value systerm"? ? ?

If I had to pick between Obama and the pant suit, I would take the
    pant suit. If she is anything like her husband, she will keep spending
    at a minimum.

My biggest issue is taxes. We are going to lose the Bush tax plan at the
    end of 2010 and most of middle America will have to pay an additional
    3% in income tax per week. If you make $1,000 per week and get
    paid bi-weekly you paycheck will be $65 less per paycheck.

Obama is the most liberal Senator (voting record) and I am sure that
    he will be raising taxes ever higher.

Truth be told !

8. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Economically speaking, that's the bottom line: Obama would use the Federal government and the power to tax to force things onto the American people that the majority do not want, because he would "need" to pay back those who helped him get into office. His "most liberal" record as Senator is saying a LOT, what with Ted Kennedy and John Kerry as competitors.

On the world leadership front, Obama representing America in front of China, Russia, and even Venezuela would give me serious pause for any 3:00 AM phone calls. Very serious pause. Remember, Obama has been a Senator for slightly more than 3 YEARS!!

Chops for POTUS?? I don't think so.

//

10. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

Do you know this for a fact Foggy? Are you clairvoyant? Can he be any worse than what we have now? I don't think so. NO ONE has Ever dipped into the till like old Georgie boy.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Perhaps that is why George was asleep at the wheel when 9-11 occured, as he had absolutely no beltway experience...

12. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

If you really wanna know the story of politicians and their pins , this is the link that you need to read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/fashion/sundaystyles/03FLAG.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Nice try. ;)

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Always with the irrelevant issues. I guess when your stance on the relevant ones sucks, you're forced to turn to stuff like what jewelry a candidate wears.

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

Nothing you posted says the church is separatist. It doesn't talk about black superiority or blacks separating. In fact, it's values seem to be very much in line with promoting the Protestant work ethic in the black community, which happens to be the community that the church serves.

Remember, the reason we have race issues is because of the majority (white), not because of the minority. It's the majority that defines race, and though things have gotten better, there is still plenty of evidence (in the color imbalance at our work places, stores, schools, neighborhoods, etc.) that race is an issue. I would bet that even in this day and age, most white people would not move into a black neighborhood and vice versa. That Obama's church is trying to foster the things you posted is if anything good.

15. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I could honestly care less if he wears a pin or not. I CRINGE when I hear people saying that and "oh he doesn't hold his hand over his heart during the pledge" and "oh he's a muslim." While he does have childhood connections to Islam, he's not Muslim (as patently evident by his the recent news of his zealous preacher). This stuff is all crap. Look at the voting records and such to judge the candidate. Look at something tangible, not some stupid email campaign. I think Obama is a mostly honest guy who loves his country. His policies, however, lead me to not want to vote for him, probably in any case.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

This is the Guy Democrat Groupies FAINT over, this is the Guy the Kennedy's and the Liberal news Media want for the next President Of The United States.

Barack Hussein Obama is a Dangerous Man, noboby really knows the "Real Obama" and none of the
    "White Liberal Media" dare to find out, the only hope the country has left in digging into this Creepy mans past is the "Clinton Smear Machine".

This Anti American "America Hater" Pastor that Obama has been hanging around with for twenty years would never of been mentioned in the Left Wing Liberal MSM they would have killed it, FOX NEWS TOOK CARE OF THAT Fox put it right up front where it belongs and kept it there, now Chris Matthews, the NY Times and Cute Perky Katie can't ignore it, bastards.

I never thought I'd say this but the country would be better off with the old Grinning Hand Clapping Bag, Pant Suit Hillary.

You democrats should Vote McCain (He's HALF DEMOCRAT)

Obama shouldn't even be in the Senate.

:bricks:

17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Much more likely that Bush was completely blind-sided, as Clinton had famously "balanced the federal budget" by sending 70% of the military budget into "social programs" or just used the money to do his balancing act by simply de-funding the military he hates so much. The FBI was using computers so old, they had to use Kinkos to get some of their work done. The FBI!

The CIA was similarly gutted, as the wonks -- like AlGore -- had "invented the internet" :wha:, and Clinton decided they didn't need so many people on the ground, digging up the truth, finding out what bin Laden was planning, and what Saddam did and did not have.

Good ol' Bill, what we could have done without him.

//

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thank you!
    Great post!
    Seriously, the most concise and clear-headed take on this whole ridiculous smear campaign on a good guy who might have actually believed that America was mature enough to see him as a viable candidate for pres.

Good Job.

19. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Thanks, I try. I really cannot envision a world in which I vote for Obama (due to his political beliefs), but not because of some stupid picture passed around in email or ridiculous whispers passed around by Rush or the Clinton campaign.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

I want a President that loves this country, that will protect this country and it's people, I don't want a President who's wife was ashamed of this country, I don't want a President who's close friend and spiritual advisor God Damns America and stands in front of the country and imitates another dirt bag President having sex with his whore, I don't want a president who keeps giving wonderful speeches and says "nothing", I don't want a President who won't tell us who he really is, I do want a president that if he has "big ears" will laugh about it, this ear thing tells you a lot about the Prince, it shows his "arrogance" and in your face attitude.

Democrats:
    Find a decent, patriotic, moral, honest man to run for President and I will lay my life down for him, I don't care if his skin is Black, Green and Orange, I don't care if he only has one eye right in the middle of his forehead and an erected penis sticking up through the top of his f-cking head, if he is an old time working mans flag waving democrat I will LOVE him and return to the democratic party. "I didn't leave them they left me"

Prince Barack Hussein Obama is a politically correct left wing Joke, and a very dangerous one.

:bricks: