Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama speaks the truth to Wall Street

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

I know we are a "Free society" and you make what you can in this country. BUt please tell me why these few guys in 2007, didn't feel the need to retire after making this kind of payday:

1) John Paulson, New York, Paulson & Co. Estimated 2007 Income: $3 billion+

2) Phil Falcone, New York, Harbinger Capital Partners Estimated Income: $1.5–$2 billion

3) Jim Simons, New York, Renaissance Technologies Corp. Estimated Income: $1.5–$2 billion

4) Steve Cohen, Connecticut, SAC Capital Advisors Estimated Income: $1–$1.5 billion

5) Ken Griffin, Chicago, Citadel Investment Group Estimated Income: $1–$1.5 billion

Source: 1440 Wall Street

I mean...dauuum! Give me one of these guys monthly checks, and you'll never hear from me again!
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -4

I'm sure most of them enjoy what they're doing.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ha...

I'd root for the Yankees with Bin Laden pitching if you paid me like that.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  4. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

And this is why you'll never be the type to earn this kind of money. Then again, neither will I, but I'm ok with that. I don't bregrudge them their money either. Who cares, its only money.