Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama smacks Cheney

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

OBAMA: I fundamentally disagree with Dick Cheney. Not surprisingly. You know, I think that Vice President Cheney has been at the head of a movement whose notion is somehow that we can't reconcile our core values, our constitution, our belief that we don't torture, with our national security interests. I think he's drawing the wrong lesson from history. The facts don't bear him out. I think he is... that attitude, that philosophy has done incredible damage to our image and position in the world. I mean, the fact of the matter is, after all these years, how many convictions actually came out of Guantanamo? How many... how many terrorists have actually been brought to justice under the philosophy that is being promoted by Vice President Cheney? It hasn't made us safer. What it has been is a great advertisement for anti-American sentiment, which means that there is constant effective recruitment of Arab fighters and Muslim fighters against U.S. interests all around the world.

Love it.

Cheney needs to ShutThuFukUp and enjoy his freedom while he still can. I've been a little PO'd at the pres for saying that he was looking forward and not to past crimes of the previous administration. But Cheney's comments last week about Obama's policy making us less safe might have opened up the floodgates for the Penguin trial.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 2 / -9

Making Cheney the VP was one of the worst things Bush did to America, the other was allowing the Invasion by 12 million Illegal Alien Criminals to succeed without firing a shot.

Democrats should award Bush a Medal for the latter.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Cheney made HIMSELF the VP, Harry.

he was put in charge of the committee to find a candidate...after searching for about 3 miliseconds, he came up with himself. He also didn't have to fill out any of the paperwork or background checks....

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Cheney's a punk. I hope he ends up in prison where he belongs with Rummy and prick Bush.

Where's the fake outrage from the Bush rumpswabs (if there are any left who'll admit it) who cried foul when Jimmy Carter criticized Bush a couple years ago? Something about the "sanctity of the office" or the tradition of former POTUS's keeping quiet?

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 2 / -9

I can believe that, Cheney always reminded me of a Mississippi Sheriff during the days of the Klan.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its not a believe it or not moment....its the way it happened.

Richard Cheney — Infoplease.com

From 1995 until 2000, Cheney served as CEO of Halliburton Co., a Texas construction and engineering outfit that services oil companies. He left the company to head the vice presidential selection committee. The group vetted several possibilities, but he himself emerged as Bush's top choice.

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

"I like you, Cheney-Chene... you're like what I'd think if I thought in words and sentences. Tell ya what you come up with words for my ideas, and we can..."

"We can rule the world with an iron fist."

"... I was gonna say get some tacos and talk about it but see, that right there, that's what I mean. It's like you're physics or something."

"Sir?"

"You know physics where you can read minds."

"Psychic?"

"Yeah, you'll be my psychic, my right-hand man, Robin to my Batman."

"That's sidekick."

"What about those tacos?"