Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama says ‘birther’ talk will be a liability for GOP

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Apr 16, 2011.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

O'bamas driving the Right Wing Loons CRAZY with this.[​IMG] Why should he go farther in proving that he was born in Hawaii, he thinks it plays to his advantage.

Obama says ‘birther’ talk will be a liability for GOP - Yahoo! News

In a rare move, President Obama directly addressed "birther" conspiracies Thursday, suggesting that presidential candidates who've decided to entertain the theories may find themselves in electoral trouble.

Obama told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos that most general election voters are not "birthers," people who question Obama's birthplace of Hawaii
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +373 / 1 / -9

Obama's getting nervous, I wonder why he won't show it.

:confused:
  3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Duh, cause he thinks it will help him get elected.
  4. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

Heh, we could file this under "no duh". I actually think the Presidency is there for the taking for the Repubs, but they're screwing the pooch like a prize stud.

It was the same mistake the Dems made in 2004. Bush could have easily gone down, but they blew it.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +373 / 1 / -9

Jug Ears is starting to get scared, the "Birth Thing" ain't going away, he knows during the next election people like "Suck A Lemon Trump" will be all over it every day then finally even the "Jug Ear Groupies" will be saying "for Christ sake show them the friggin birth certificate" Jug Ears won't be able to then that will be the end of America's Poster Boy.

President Barack Hussein Obama won't show the American People his birth certificate BECAUSE HE CAN'T HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE.

:bricks:
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Harry, if a Hawaiian resident goes to the Hawaii website and requests a birth certificate, they get the document that Obama provided, a document that has been thoroughly analyzed by both the media and an independent group. Why should Obama be held to a different standard than any other citizen of Hawaii? Do you believe that every Hawaiian citizen who has an official copy of their birth certificate should be under suspicion of not being a citizen? Would this apply to everyone?

Should we take your birth certificate, and make sure that the paper is really from year you claim it was, that everything on it matches perfectly your family history and the standards for birth certificates at the time? After all, maybe you're in this country as a spy for neo-fascist groups? Maybe you're a communist disruptor, sowing discontent in the hope of overthrowing the government? The standard being applied to Obama's birth certificate has probably never applied to anyone else. After all, the guy has an official copy, and there are two birth announcements in Hawaiian newspapers. That to me is more than enough for beyond reasonable doubt.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

Where is the FBI, NSA or CIA or any one of the security alphabet agencies when you need them.. call 1-800 tin foil, and let them know about all of this. While you are at it tell George, Cheney, Rove and the rest of the crew that somehow they missed this.. they will be embarassed;);););););)
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +373 / 1 / -9

Would you want to be the person who Brings Down America's (first poster boy president) their lives would be ruined.

:bricks:
  9. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Patters, are you talking about factcheck.org?

That husband-and-wife team that do all their "research" at home on the 'Net?

Yeah, I think you are.

Ever heard of primary research, the kind the FBI would do for someone to receive a top-security clearance? It's been stated that Obama, had he not been elected, would never have qualified.

I suspect that that's a true statement.

And the statement that the lap dop media, which was in the tank for Obama in ways that have made me change my behavior (I stopped TV news watching and NPR listening, for example), has thoroughly vetted the obvious certificate of live birth forgery is laughable.

How credulous do you think we are?

Now Jerome Corsi--who does the kind of research the FBI does and not the team at factcheck.org--has shown the Social Security number Obama released belongs to Connecticut.

And in the void of the lap dog media's pusillanimity, has stepped Donald Trump, a product of the meritocratic world.

Unlike Obama, who is the biggest affirmative action baby in the history of the world to date.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Fact check is one (and I'm not sure what you're talking about because they physically examined the birth certificate). CNN is another. The social security claim is also bogus. All it means is that Obama's birth certificate application was mailed while he was on the East Coast, possibly on vacation, visiting family or friends, en route to his father, etc. The SS# back then was generated by the office that received the application.

Debunking the birther claim – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Out of curiosity, since you hold Corsi in such high regard, do you agree that Bush should have been impeached, that McCain was getting funding from Al Qaida related groups, that MLK was a "shakedown artist," and that 9/11 is a coverup? Or do you simply believe any nut that serves your political agenda?

And again, given that the Supremes have never defined "natural born citizen," the birth certificate issue is moot. Further the fact that 14th amendment redefined blacks as full citizens even eliminates the argument that Obama can only be 3/5th of a citizen, no doubt a fallback argument for birthers.
  11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

:nono:

Is that really appropriate coming from a mod?
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I believe the birther movement is racist, though individual birthers may be guided by political opportunism or ignorance. I don't believe there's any reasonable suspicion that Obama is not a citizen: he has an official birth certificate and two birth announcements.

http://www.theliberaloc.com/2011/04/15/racist-tea-party-email-tied-to-oc-cra-member/
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

With that West Point education, do you really believe that Jerome Corsi has any credibility???

Who made the statement, that if he was not elected he would have never been qualifiied?? Erik Erikson, Joe Farah???

Please answer this question:

With all of our layers of security; FBI, NSA and all the rest of the agencies how did this slip by???
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 4 / -2

I think the more he talks about it, the more questions he raises. The best road to travel is to ignore it altogether, and let everyone else say how stupid it is.

Has Abercrombie found it yet? What a moron that guy is.
  15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I fail to see what it is exactly that is wrong with it, could you walk me through it. Also have you read any of the posts from 13?... I'm sure you have and why no complaints?
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +377 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I believe that, at the proper time, Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, Orly What'shername and all the other birthers will be vindicated.

It came to me in a dream last night - aided by a fever and a hefty dose of extra strength NiQuell.

It shall be proven, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that yes, Obama was born in The United States and yes, he is a natural born citizen.

However, the reason the birth certificate has been so elusive is because it contains, as opined by Trump and Palin, shocking revelations.

It is a little known fact that birth records can, indeed, be changed. It takes a judge, it takes a court order and it takes a dam good reason but it can be done.

One of those reasons involves children born with "special circumstances." Normally a family has 60 days in which to amend a birth certificate before it is filed from the hospital with the state. However, in the rare case that there is some small bit of vital information which cannot be determined beyond that time, the family/hospital is allowed to guess and then, at a later date, should the guess be wrong, they can petition the court to hide the original certificate and replace it with the amended one.

Obama's secret is not that he was born in Kenya, or his father is unknown or his mother was not a US citizen - it's quite simple, really. Obama's sex was unable to be determined at birth as he suffered from a not so rare condition known as Ambiguous Genitalia and spent the first four years of his life known as Jamie Lee Curtis Obama - a female child.

It wasn't until recently that parent's of a child with Ambiguous genitalia had sophisticated genetic tests which help to determine the dominant sexuality of a cross-gendered baby shortly after birth.

When Obama was born in the 60's it was common medical practice to try to gauge the sex of a child by appearance (although in the case of Ambiguous Genitalia appearance is often deceiving) and the parent's were told to choose a sex and stick with it - regardless of how tormented the child grew up to be. The belief was that surgery could fix it later on.

Later on, there were a few future-thinking doctors and scientists who advocated leaving the sex identifier on the birth certificate blank, observing the child, give the child an ambiguous sounding name (Leslie, Bobbi, Chris) and letting the child grow into his/her own preference naturally.

Still later there became genetic testing which made the whole question fairly moot.

Be that as it may, the truth will be told soon.

And the truth will come from Obama himself.

When the Repubicans choose Michele Bachmann as their 2012 presidental candidate there will be great rejoicing among the female population of America. In order to retain the woman's vote in the election Obama will come foreward and announce that not only did he give America the chance to elect the first black president he is now, in 2012, offering the presidential trifecta.

Not only will he show us his original birth certificate as proof of birthplace, he will also establish himself as the first American born president who is not only black, but also female and, possibly, transgendered.

Do not complete the baby's birth certificate until the sex of rearing has been decided. There is a 60 day period of grace between the birth of a child and when their birth certificate needs to be completed - hence there is no rush. If the "wrong" sex is entered on the form it is extremely difficult to correct and requires judicial intervention.http://www.rch.org.au/nets/handbook/index.cfm?doc_id=810

Many factors influence a person's gender identity. Families of babies born with ambiguous genitalia may need long-term support to help with ongoing issues regarding gender and sexuality. In the past, a baby born with ambiguous genitalia was quickly assigned a gender and surgery was performed to ensure the baby looked like a boy or girl. The newer approach encourages parents to allow children born with ambiguous genitalia to participate in decisions about their gender as they grow up.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ambiguous-genitalia/DS00668/DSECTION=complications
  17. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

The first Africa-American president and the first female president all in one!

I almost peed myself reading this.