Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama responds to McCain's criticism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

Obviously, Obama did better than McCain. He drew larger crowds, had warm meetings with conservative European leaders, generated lots of shots of him spending time with troops (and thanks to his detractors, it seems to me his time with the troops is getting some extra media attention).

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/07/obama-plays-dow.html

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., responded to criticisms over his 9 day, 8 country foreign trip, saying that just because he "did it really well" doesn’t mean that it was any different than when Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., or any other presidential candidates has traveled abroad in the past.

"I was puzzled by this notion that somehow what we were doing was in any way different from what Sen. McCain or a lot of presidential candidates have done in the past. Now, I admit we did it really well. But that shouldn't be a strike against me."

Senator McCain took a foreign trip earlier this year which Senator Obama used for comparison, saying he visited the same countries and met with most of the same leaders, "and nobody suggested that was audacious," he added.

"I think I've established relationships and a certain bond of trust with key leaders around the world who have taken measure of my positions and how I operate and I think can come away with some confidence that this is somebody I can deal with."
  2. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +244 / 30 / -16

#12 Jersey

unfortunately for obama mccain is leading among likely voters (not registered voters).
  3. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

According to one poll. But in the more important electoral college, Obama has a sizeable lead and in just about all other polls (of registered or likely voters) Obama has at least a small lead.

http://www.pollster.com/
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

How big were the Duke's and Kerry's leads at this point in the election cycle ;)

BO should be up 15+%
  5. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +244 / 30 / -16

#12 Jersey

are those polls based on likely voters or registered voters? if it's registered voters, that would explain the sizeable lead in both the electoral college and most polls.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Just for the record in Germany it was a free concert with 2 of Germany's
    best bands that drew the people ... just thought you might want to know that fun fact.

GOOGLE TRANSLATED

http://translate.google.com/transla...q=German+Reggeas%C3%A4nger+Patrice&hl=en&sa=G

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

Some are based on likely voters (including Fox's).

At any rate, and to pf13's point, too, polls mean absolutely nothing at this point.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Based on what your opinion or some book or article written by Phyllis Shafly??...
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

If you checked out the polls from 2004 or 1998 you would see what I mean, try doing a little research. Patters knew what I was talking about but then he is more knowledgeable about politics than you.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

You said BO should be up 15% at this time, I queried based on what?? So you belittle my knowledge of politics, let me throw this out to you to gnaw on.. you obviously think that Phyllis Shytfly is a credible source when no one else reports a story..thus when you post something without credible backing your comments become suspect.. after all anyone who thinks that Phyllis is credible and then defends her commentary, has issues.

So if you come up with such a figure it has nothing to do with my knowledge of politics, but your belief that you can throw out a figure without being challenged. Particularly when there is nothing to base your comment on except what has happened in the past. I have contended as Richard Cheney, has pretty much redefined the role of VP many are waiting to see who each candidate chooses to be their running mate... then the polls will mean much more.

BTW Gallup has Obama with a 9 point lead this week..
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This is you being civil, right, righty?

Among the biggest jerks on the forum, and yet you act indignant whenever you're held accountable, don't you? Hypocrite.