Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama: Release the Gitmo terrorists go in the US. What could go wrong?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

Seriously, does this guy not have a fukcing clue.

Brilliant idea. Lets let a bunch of guys that have ties to AQ go right inside our own borders. That way we don't have to worry about them slipping back into this country though our border security.

Bush was bad, but every day, I'm finding that this guy (and those he appoints) is so far over his head.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +444 / 11 / -14

:rolleyes:See there is no more War on Terror, why? well we don't use the term anymore so since we don't call it a WoT it isn't a WoT, easy right I am sure these people will become great members of our community....

3. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

Good point. We have a new enemy now.

The US FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS and CAPITALIST SYSTEM. :rolleyes:

Seriously Mr. President, in this time of seething public anger and confusion, you might want to put the SUICIDE BOMBER analogies on the back burner. After all, it probably is not the most calming and reassuring images we want to picture. The teleprompter would not approve. :rolleyes:

I wonder how his final four picks are doing? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

The Devil is in the details.. he is talking about the UGHURS.. if something sounds preposterous it usually is.. this is a different slant... please note the possibility exists..

Eric Holder: Some Uighur detainees could go to U.S. - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +444 / 11 / -14

All these folks are likelu to be tortured in places like Saudi Arabia and the other muslim countries. Besides I thought Cheney was torturing these poor souls in Gitmo???

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

Cheney does not have the ball to torture, that is why mercenaries exist.. good deflection though.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,111 / 3 / -10

BBB

Bring Back Bush

8. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

Ummmmmmm, You do know who the Ughurs are, don't you? I do.

The reason we can't just give them back to China is because China would kill them as domestic terrorists (which they are). These particular Ughurs are part of a Islamic separatist movement in Xinjiang. But I suppose you'd rather believe that we just innocently rounded them up as they vacationed in Aphganistan and Pakistan in 2001 :rolleyes:

Albania took a few a couple years ago and they don't want any more. I don't personally care if we put them on a raft and fukcing put it away from shore, but the LAST place I want them to be released is the US. They have NO RIGHT to be here and at the very least, will probably end up becoming drains on the system. Worst case...... well, leave it to your imagination.

It's not WHO is being released in the US, it's the fact that SOME ARE BEING CONSIDERED to be released in the US that's troubling.

9. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

Not defending any of this, just contesting the initial post that some folks may assume that we are releasing all Guantanamo detainees into the population.. what was said is much different. There is a possibility that this may happen, does not mean it will.. the reality is that the actual comments are much different than the WSJ article.

11. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

I got you :)

It's a terrible idea, and will not go over real well with the people. For all the clamoring Europe did to get GITMO to close, they sure backpedaled when push came to shove.

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +444 / 11 / -14

Huh the first line of the story uses the word SOME, it never says or implies all these prisioners were going to be released in the US what are you talking about?????

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

Another senseless semantical argument, what was reported in the WSJ article is much different than the actual story.. some has a variety of meanings, some does not specify an amount..

How much is some of 250 inmates??, 12, 25, 50.. 200 all of these are some of the total.

The original article was written to incite hysteria, not portray what Holder had to say.. that is all. Some fell for it... obviously.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,111 / 3 / -10

None of the country's that wanted them released want to take them so as somebody else said "give them to Sheriff Joe then dress Mohamad up in Pink Underwear and send his picture to Al Jazeera.

If the Sheriff doesn't want them Shoot Them.