Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama presidence-1 year later

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you could speculate how the US will be 1 year after an Obama victory to PResident---how would you think things would be?

2. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

A heck of a lot better than they are now. we wont be headed into a depression with total inaction by our government.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

LOL, most people think it's the action of the government that is causing a lot of the problems.

4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

One thing I can say for sure is that there won't be nearly as much "change" as the Lefty Loons think; even with a Democrat congress, there will be just enough Republicans to slow the craziness down. He certainly won't be able to wave his magic wand and create good jobs, drop gas prices, or end the war. I hate to be a partisan, but he's talked on both ends of so many issues it's tough to really have a feel. It is safe to say that with his tax plans he'll make the business environment worse and will stunt any recovery the stock market would likely be having by then.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Those are all excellent points. I am afraid that he is going to pander to N Korea and Iran. That would be disasterous.

6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Whoever gets elected is screwed and is going to look bad. Too many things against them, bank crisis, trade deficits, declining dollar, inevitable Super Depression, draining war expenditures, etc.

So Obama will probably win, so rednecks can all say 5 yrs later that they all told us so.

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

Foreign policy is one of the many things that he doesn't seem to know what he would do - so I certainly don't :) My guess is that, whatever his intentions are, he'll find out that influencing Ahmadinejad isn't as easy as making a "major" speech (little joke there, I'm still not sure why every time he makes a speech the media seems to call it a major speech). I doubt anything of significance would change with Foreign Policy.

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

BF, What about those "Lefties" that aren't loons?:D

I think by the time the next president steps into office, the populace will have accepted that our economy is on a down-turn. We will be sick of the war in Iraq (as if we aren't already) and our expectations will be that oil/gas prices will remain high.

There isn't much ANY president can do when an economy is setting to bottom-out. If the housing market wasn't in such a sad state due to the false bubble the Fed started, we could raise interest rates to stem inflation. As it is, no matter who is our next president, I will predict a faltering economy through 2011. I know that is bold & extreme, but that's how bad a hole we're in.

I would count 2008 as a recession year, so that would only be a 4 year down cycle. That's actually not that bad historically.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

I'm not intending to pick on you here as your bearish mentality to our situation has been more correct than my bullish mentality the past year or so - but can't we just have an inevitable Depression ? You're actually predicting a Super Depression with numbers worse than the last Depression ? :D

10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

The moderate lefties probably realize that "change" will be slow and occasional - it's the loons who seem to think the war ends the day or inauguration, the repeal of NAFTA brings all the factories back and money starts growing on trees.

11. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Look at my posts about business the past 2 years, most of what I have predicted has come to pass (unfortunately).

Get out of the dollar the moment you read this, buy other currencies on the Fx markets, or convert your money/savings into hard transportable assets. Lehman, Bear Sterns, the Fannies are going to or have collapsed. This country is going to ****, and race wars as a result of Super Depression will happen within 5 years.

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I think you may be referring to the Greenpeace & protest the World Economic Summit Lefties...Radical Lefties! There really aren't too many of them BF. Just like their were never many true people from the "Christian-Right"...it was all an illusion.

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

I'm fairly sure Patters is one.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

That's what I said, you've been more correct than me - I just with you could be predicting a mere Depression as opposed to the Super Depression.

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Ok, let's save this one for the ages! Why does this war you speak of have to be along racial lines? Why not along economic lines?

Regardless, I've studied economic philosophy and work as a market analyst and I see nothing like what you're stating. We would have been more likely for racial wars in the 1970's recession, but we never came close.

What we never really consider is that down-turns are good for the economy. They restore balance and stability. If you continue to buy and invest now, you'll be buying cheap. The best time to invest in the markets is at or close to a bottom...you certainly don't sell at the bottom.

Sadly, there are some "Loons" as BF affectionately calls them who would want your scenario. I know, it sounds crazy, but there actually are such people.

16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Keep thinking we're at a "bottom" and waste your capital buying assets that will be worthless within 10 years. Anyone with a clue has been out for a long time by now. I hope you prove me wrong and spend at what you consider to be cheap prices.

Great idea of you by the way to keep trusting analyst reports, the same ones who said Bear was fine, Lehman was fine, Fannie was fine, that Sub-Prime wasn't a big deal. Everyone loves a sucker who will believe anything.

If you ever take the time to actually analyze the markets, private message me if you want tips, but only AFTER you realize you've been mislead and that America is ****ed at this point.

For BF, I don't feel like rubbing things in, but honestly for your own sake, just look at the numbers man, if things are as I've predicted the past 2 years, things will be way worse than the Great Depression. And by the way how can you be okay if it's just a depression instead of a super depression as all the numbers suggest?

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

I don't think I said I'd be OK with it - certainly I wouldn't be - but if I had two choices, a Depression or a Super Depression I would clearly choose the former. But either way would obviously be a disaster in a million and one ways.

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

No Comment
    I'll Have A Heart Attack

19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

See - it'll kill Harry; isn't that a good enough reason to vote for McCain ?

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

So we've gone from a recession (one that hasn't even happened mind you), to a depression, to now even a "Super Depression" (complete with capital letters). Sheesh, imagine what next week will bring. :D