Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama pledges not to smoke in the White House

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

There needs to be a Practice Squad for this board too :rolleyes:

3. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What a complete horses*&t news story. I honestly could care less if Obama smokes or not. The "media" in this country is just so ridiculous. Let's ask him some questions that help us understand his thought process better please. And I'm not criticizing Obama here, solely the media.

4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

ah, Brother Grim speaks.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No sh!t.

Personally, I want Obama to smoke in the White House if he's a smoker. If he's under stress (which he will be) I don'y need him flipping out because he needs a butt. Some people should smoke...they need it. How about he cut back off of American ciggs and roll his own raw tobacco. It's much healthier, and I'm sure he has good technique...at least I hope he does!

Imagine a cabinet meeting that begins with, "If you got em, smoke em!"

6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

You got that right! I remember when we were kids and my mom tried quitting. That Saturday morning she burst into our room and started throwing our toys out the window.

We were probably the only kids in history to beg our mom to start smoking again.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  7. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Would that be awesome or what. I don't even smoke, but I really get annoyed at how smokers are so villified.

8. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

So the cabinet members who do not smoke ( the majority) should inhale the smoke or leave.
    That is why smokers are villified.

9. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well the cabinet members thing is a bit of a joke. I can understand some public places where smoking shouldn't be.

10. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I have a real distaste for cigarettes. I've witnessed the whole progression of F' them from smokers who disregarded the no smoking signs to the leaving the store/office and smoke next to the front door. I do enjoy walking the concourse at an airport and seeing the glassed in room of smokers. I remember not too long ago, smokers represented 30% of the population, its down to about 20 today. I'm waiting for 10.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +714 / 2 / -9

Your right, you may not know it but I'm no Obama Fan, but I don't think he should even try to quit until he is free of this job, it took me five years to quit smoking, I almost killed my wife with an ax and I beat my lawnmower with a two by four for over an hour because it wouldn't start, then I passed out.

I found smoking very relaxing when I was addicted to it, I don't want a President that is all f-cked up from withdrawal answering the phone when the Muslims hit us again.

:bricks:

12. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I hear you.

13. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Now if they can only do something with parents who have no control over their children especially on planes. Why is it every time going on a plane you have to be seated next to some little spoiled @!#! who has a.d.d. and cant sit still for two seconds and parents who do nothing but allow it to happen! I rather be stuck on a plane with a 300 lbs guy next to me smoking 10 packs of cigarettes!

14. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

No No No, too many times ive been stuck next to a fat person who arms are touching mine because there is nowhere else for the matter to go and they smell of crotch sweat. Uh-Uh, no way, gimme the kid anyday!!!!!

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Obama should set a good example and do his smoking outdoors unless the Secret Service has an issue with doing so. I'd expect that due to terrorism concerns the ventilation system is uniquely powerful and effective. I know they monitor the air for seriously dangerous stuff. So I wouldn't worry too much about the standard dangers of second hand smoke. However much of the complex is at least sort of a museum, not so much the West Wing; but the main building for certain. That creates a whole other reason to not smoke.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +714 / 2 / -9

Every sh!t bum in America that used "take the bus" now flys put that together with all the "civil liberties and constitutional rights crap" and what you have is a "flying zoo" full of f-cking smelly aliens and scumbags from all walks of life.

I flew back and forth to Florida a lot during the 1950's everybody wore a suit, steaks for dinner, shrimp cooktails, and the stewardess all looked like movie stars, people actually said "thank you" and "please" now you have people flying that Masturbate in their seat, P!ss in the aisle, beat each other up, try to open the door and jump out and they f-ck in the rest rooms.

Todays dumbed down American do-gooder always scoffs and says 'oh who wants to go back to those awful 40's and 50's, I'll tell you who. all us old bastards who lived during the 40's and 50's.

JESUS I'D LOVE TO SEE BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE

17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 6 / -2

First and foremost, I don't care if Obama smokes or not.

I must say it is a little unsettling to think that the soon-to-be leader of the free world, needs to have a smoke in order to stay settled. Imagine seeing Billy B call a timeout, so he could light up a square before making a difficult decision on 4th down? Heck, maybe BB wouldn't have laid an egg in the SB, if he had a pack of Marlboro's in that red hoodie of his. [​IMG]

BTW, isn't against the law to smoke in a federal building anyway? :confused2:

18. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Harry, you brought back memories of traveling on the Plymouth & Brockton Bus from Hyannis to Boston. Thanks. :)

19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Not many of the laws that apply to the little people in the federal government actually apply to Congress or the President. IDK about smoking bans.

20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I believe the part of the White House where the president actually lives is considered "private" while he or she lives there. Technically it's private, though, in fact, it's federally owned, or course.

//