Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama PAYs for your education if you're UNEMPLOYed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jul 6, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama vows to retrain unemployed

Will community colleges accept his IOU letters? You need to find it out.:singing::singing:
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Looks like the O-man wants to be remembered as the biggest Sugar Daddy of all time. With other peoples' money, of course.

Change we can do without.

//
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

6. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Do you know how many lost job under Obama's 'stimulus program'? Yes, i know that education is the key to get out of poverty.

By the way, did you read my 'Can Obama save or care 25000 kids' thread?
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  7. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Are you willing to go to school when you don't have a house to stay or can't pay for food and don't have a car to travel around?
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Public transportation ... everyone has to start somewhere.
    You advocate freedom for those you choose worthy.
    Yet you're willing to take freedoms away from others.

Take a look in the Middle East and parts of Africa where education is limited.
    Is this what you want because that's what happens to an under educated and/or uneducated society.

The success stories of less educated people are way less than the success stories of those more educated.

People coming of age in the 50's and 60's and even parts of the 70's could graduate high school and start a career. that is possible now but it is way less possible. Even factory workers of today need some training, some education to operate machinery or understand laws and rules of the workplace.

Get off your lone pedastal ... help educate someone who would turn that pedastal into 2 pedastals.
  9. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm not a heavy drink. I only drink one or twice a year. I'm drunk because I ask tough questions????
  10. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No, cuz you ask stupid ones!

That was too easy. :cool:
  11. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Education in US is not as 'important' as you might think. How do I know? People would rather see their kids become Tom Brady or Britney Spear than Enstein.

What do you see on TV every night? Reality shows. The fact that kids can't pass the reading and writing test at the end of their senior year in high school tells you something.

Why do we still see failed kids when we continue pouring billion dollars in the education system? Why do we want to teach kids about 'gay tolerant' instead of showing them how to do math or write or read?

Instead of spending a day to remember Enstein or Martin luther King, what do the public schools do? Remembering a 'gay' leader. Yike ! America's education system is at its PEAK !!!!!!

With that said, do you wonder why we invite Indians and Pakistanies to come here and work for companies such as MS? Why do US companies pay 10 dollars/ day for an 'uneducated' person when they can outsource the job for the same price if not cheaper?

5k that Obama gives you to go to school is not a good amount of money and you will NEVER advance your education any further with it. If you look at the cost of going to college a year, it costs nearly 40 or 50k a year. If you take away the living expenses and dorm, 5k is not good enough to cover your books and 3 semesters.

If you don't have money to pay your mortage, bills, car, and food, how can you pay for 'transportation'?

Moreover, I dont know how you can focus on the school when you are not sure what to eat or where your family will stay at night or where you will be tomorrow.

Even if you manage to get some education out of this 5k, it doesn't mean that you are going to have a job right way when the unemployment rate is getting higher every day.

Will Obama continue giving you 5k to go to school UNTIL you find a job? I doubt it. If you have a wife and a kid, will you spend this 5k to go to school or to them when you and your wife are unemployed?

If i have to choose between this 5k and a job, I'll choose a job in a heart beat. Why? Because I can support my family and still go to school with my job.
  12. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's an unfortunate truth for some people, does it mean that education is no longer worth funding? Just scrap the whole thing because some people want famous kids. Brilliant. The fact that kids can't pass the reading and writing tests means than we need to invest MORE in their educations because clearly the current system isn't working like it should.

First of all, we do have a day to remember Martin Luther King. Get this, it's even CALLED Martin Luther King Day!! Crazy how that works out, isn't it?

And why do we celebrate MLK? Because he was a bastion for tolerance and the inspirational leader of a civil rights movement who was assassinated for his cause. You know, that sounds vaguely familiar....give me a second, I know I can place my finger on where I've heard of someone like that before.....oh right, that sounds just like HARVEY MILK.

And your solution to this would be less education and getting rid of minimum wage? That sounds like a gosh darn amazing plan there cowboy!

You do realize that there is a difference between private colleges and community colleges in cost, correct?

Perhaps some of these people go hungry for their education. Perhaps they live in extremely difficult situations and have a hell of a hard time of it. But if they're willing to make the sacrifices to better their life, who are we to tell them they aren't allowed?

It's probably more difficult than any of us sitting comfortably on a messageboard could ever comprehend.

Of course attaining a higher level of education doesn't guarantee anyone a job, but if you can't see the inherent value in becoming more educated and entering the workforce with a greater educational background, well then it's clear that YOUR lovely education didn't do very much for you at all.
  13. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Investing more money in the system is not going to work when the way of doing it is still the same because you simply waste the money.

You should know it better than anybody when you look at Obama first stimulus program.

What do the kids get out of their education by remembering a gay leader?

Yes,It's a crazy world.

Gays started their 'civil rights movement' with PAID liberal politicians.
    Luther King started his WITH PEOPLE.

Do you understand why Luther King succeeded WHILE your 'gay civil rights movement' doesn't go anywhere???? I guess NOT.

My solution is we need to change the way we teach our kids.

It costs less 10k dollars by going to a community college?

Either way, Obama's 5K is not going to cover your tuition at any college for sure.

You would rather starve your family member to death than feed them. You sound like Kim Jung ILL.

Even if you are willing to 'sacrify' your family member for a good cause, it doesn't guarantee your future when the US economy is going down faster than spending 5K dollars for education.

Don't forget to thank me when you receive 5k dollars for being 'unemployed'.;)

I feel your pain.

It really sucks to spend X years to get your degree when you wait Y years to get a job during the hard time, doesn't it?

I sure hope that Obama gives you time to pay your student loan. Did you ask him if it's OK for you to send him an IOU letter?

Don't forget to come to this political forum for news when you are 'unemployed'. I might post another FREE program from Obama when I see it.:singing::singing::singing:
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]
  15. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

NO, WE CAN'T DO SH!T.:singing::singing::singing:
  16. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never said we shouldn't reform the education system, but cutting back on the money we invest in students isn't the answer at all.

You said we don't have a day to honor MLK, I just was showing you that your assertion was asinine.

You're right, it's not going anywhere. That's why 60%+ of my generation whole-heartedly supports gay marriage. That's why we went from zero states legalizing gay marriage in 2003, to six states in 2009. You're right though, no progress at all.

Change how?

I'm sure prices have risen at least slightly, but as of 2007:
    College Tuition Prices Continue to Rise - US News and World Report

Yes, clearly that's exactly what I was saying. Kudos for sussing it out so quickly!

I'm in a stable job and I have a college degree under my belt. I would also be able to be financially supported by my parents if, god forbid, it were to come to that. The chances of me ever requesting a Pell Grant are slim to none.

Well, if you must know, it took me 4 years to get my degree and approximately 5 months to find a full time job in my desired field (and I paid out of pocket to get internship credit at a community college during those 5 months). I have zero student loans to my name. I don't even own a credit card. The only debt I have in my name is the car that I bought for myself which I am currently paying off. So financially I'm pretty secure with my current status.
  17. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

YES, WE CAN ---------> NO, WE CAN'T

You can't defend Obama's policies.
    You can't argue with NEPATRIOT intelligently.
    You can't unlimit the number of NEPATRIOT'S threads.
    Why can't you STFU when you CAN'T do sh!t?
  18. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Continue pouring the money into a broken system is the answer for the problem?

You sure know how to make the system work !

What did you learn from honoring MLK day? If you want to see REAL change, you need to go through PEOPLE.

As far as your civil gay movement goes, it doesn't go the way you want, does it? Do you know why you continue having 'limited' support from the public?

Because the majority of them don't approve gay marriage and the only people who support your gay marriage are gays and PAID liberal politicians.

How did you get there? You PAID the liberal politicians. Prop 8 in CA shuted the gay marriage. If Prop 8 appears in 5 more states, gay marriage IS DONE.

How about not teaching kids gay tolerant? UnAcceptable?????

You are doing OK.
  19. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll say it in a different way then. I don't think ALL of our education systems need reforming. I think that at the college level we're mostly fine. It's the public education systems particularly in low income areas that are damaging kids chances of succeeding before they even hit high school that need help. Cutting education funding isn't going to help anyone at all. It's just going to send those worse off public schools further into a death spiral.

Stop trying to change the subject to make yourself look like less of an idiot. You said that there was NO day to honor MLK. Those are the words that YOU wrote. It's not about what I learned from said day, you said that the day to honor MLK did not exist.

It's not going as quickly as I'd like, but it's definitely going in the direction I'd like. And if only gay people and paid liberal politicians support gay marriage, then why do I? Why do all of my straight coworkers and friends? None of us are either of those things.

You are right though, in that the majority of Americans do not currently support gay marriage. But the majority of my generation does, and the number of Americans who do support it have been creeping up over the years. It's only a matter of time and no whining or invective on your part is going to reverse this course.

There are a number of states that have had measures similar to Prop 8 that have passed. In the future those states will look just as bigoted as states that refused to repeal racial segregation laws long past their social expiration date.

Yes, I do think that it is unacceptable to teach children to hate people because of their sexual orientation. I think it's disgusting to teach children to discriminate in general.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  20. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Most kids in low income areas ends up in jail/prison.

Who doesn't know about MLK day? You are a confused person.

Perhaps, you support gay marriage the same way you supported Obama. It's your ignorance. As young as you are, you want to be 'open-mind' about everything.

You have never taken a moment to think about the consequence and effect that you see down the road.

If i were you, i would not be so sure about it. Mark my word. Gay marriage didn't happen and it doesn't and it will NEVER.

Are you NOT a wonderful lady? You call everybody different kind of names because they don't support what you do? Your future is sure bright.

I can call you all kind of names here for disagreeing with me BUT i'm not going to do that because i'm a gentlement and it's not the way I deal with OPPOSITION.

If you keep pushing me, i'll do it.

KNOWING what you support will help you in the long run.

Top "Gay" Organization Comes Clean: "HIV is a gay disease."

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009