Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama: Partisan Politics over the Country

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Proven for all to see in his rejection of the call to suspend campaigning for the sake of solving the economic crisis.

If ever someone wanted to show his "superior" economic abilities, this is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to do so, yet Barack Obama is insisting on his pursuit of partisan political argument even while the nation's future hangs in the balance.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, actions are worth a thousand pictures. And Obama's actions are disgusting and despicable. He claims to "care so much" for America, yet his actions are to pursue politics over joining the non-partisan action of solving the emergency America is in.

Absolutely disgusting. This seals it; I couldn't vote for this man in a million years.

//
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This is no suprise.

McCain said.... I would rather lose an election than lose a war.
    Obama..... would rather lose a war to win an election.

I believe Obama has been rooting against the us in the Iraq war because
    it may improve his poll numbers.
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Sour grapes.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Obama is proving to be a man of many "statements". Words, words, words. Without any action, his words, "statements", or whatever fancy title we put onto simple rhetoric, it is still just moving his mouth. He missed many votes, he voted "present" on many pieces of legislation as a US Senator. The nation is in very dire circumstances and yet he doesn't have the backbone to actually go and do anything.

McCain, on the other hand, is a man of much more action than words. He attends, he votes, he invests himself in taking a stand for what he deeply believes. This is all foreign to Obama, who is becoming a man of many cliches and totally empty, meaningless, rhetoric.

If Obama cannot go back to Washington to help solve this dire national problem today, how can he ever be trusted to attend to a dire problem as the chief executive??? He cannot. He is proving to be an empty suit. A Stepford Candidate.

//
  6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What a joke. McCain pulls an obvious political stunt because hes losing. The american people want to see the candidates and what they have to say, not to run away ...and to do what? Is Senator McCain going to single handedly save america by doing something he couldnt do by simply doing it and then hopping on a plane and debating.

its not Like Obama isnt doing anything that McCain is.

Its McCain that has turned this into a political stunt, using the crisis to say "look at me!! Im a hero!!!!"

puh-leeeeze.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Given the mindset of the Democratic leadership, from crazy Howard Dean down to the local Che Guevara boosters of Obama's campaign headquarters, your conclusion is looking very accurate.

//
  8. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Obviously it's a political stunt. However, it's not being done cuz McLame is "scared" as some people in here are saying. What McLame is hoping to do is put the camera on the two candidates positions with respect to the current crisis. Remember, Obama said he was going to wait to see what was done before offering his insight, or opinion. By doing this, I think that McCain is trying to get Obama to have to publically state what his positions are. No finger in the wind so to speak. It's always easy to criticize something, but it's much harder to provide the fix. I think Mac is trying to get each's stated positions out there.

BTW, the debate is about foreign policy.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm not so cynical, and I don't think it is a political stunt. McCain has said he would rather lose an election than lose a war, and this economic crisis is the equivalent of another war -- to save the economy of the country.

McCain has been consistent with that theme throughout his life, which is how he got the "maverick" label in the first place. He'd rather lock horns with his own party than go down a path that is politically expedient but wrong. I believe McCain is doing this because he sincerely believes it is the right thing for America to have all partisanship suspended, and all leaders convene in Washington -- as in all times of emergency -- until the national crisis is solved.

//
  10. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

that can be changed. or else, as in any debate, the candidates end up talking about what they want to talk about it, or the moderator can allow them to talk about it.

this way 100 million people can see. John McCain can spare 90 minutes, hes not that indespensible.

in any case, politically this is a loser for McCain. Most americans will see it as McCain dodging the debate.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Obama voted present in the Illinois legislature, not the US Senate.

And, since it's a big deal to you, as it should be, McCain is the record keeper in voting (based on an article from May):

McCain Leads! (In Missed Votes) - Capitol Briefing

Through last week, McCain had missed a nice, round 60.0 percent of Senate votes so far in the 110th Congress. After Sen. Tim Johnson (D-S.D.), who was absent for several months following a brain hemorrhage, comes Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), who lay well behind McCain with 41.8 percent of votes missed.

And McCain has attended fewer meetings that Obama on Afghanistan:

Political Radar: Hearing-Gate Exposed! McCain Has Worse Afghanistan Hearing Record Than Obama

Poor Fog, you don't do your homework, so you end up putting your foot in your mouth.

He was first to put out a full set of demands that countered the Administration's proposal, including limits on golden parachutes and oversight.

Bush invited him to the White House, and Obama is going, and he's going to be at the debate, too.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Although I agree with him going to Washington and I think Obama should as well to help fix this crisis, the way McCain announced it was political. A little one upsmanship(sp?) if you will. At the same time, the way Obama responded was just as political. It looks like he's seen the error in his ways and will indeed come to Washington now. Obama does like to wait for polls before commiting on anything it seems. Is that leadership?
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Well, you have to respond to a political move with one of your own, but what do you think was particularly political about Obama's response, which in some ways was awfully mild?
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't have time to chase Obama's voting record but he has missed a lot of votes for a freshman Senator and he has voted present on a lot of critical votes as a legislator. There is no doubt about that whatsoever. For someone who is still in a learning curve to be a Senator, Obama has shown little interest in his duties in the Senate but for using that position as a launching pad for his presidential ambitions.

McCain, btw, has been around for a while and he knows a hell of a lot more about which votes are crucial than Obam-uh-h.

The only reason Obama is going to Washington is because Bush shamed him into it. If it were up to Obama all by himself, he would be out campaigning, seeking to score partisan points even if his wife or children had an accident. Obama's reluctance to partake in the solution of the severe national problems facing the Congress is indicative of his immaturity and his extremely partisan attitude, an attitude that seems to infect the entire Democrat Party.

I just went to the DNC website and was appalled. For all the fancy (and phony) Obama rhetoric about "sticking to the issues" and "not becoming negative" in this campaign, the DNC website is nothing BUT an attack on John McCain. Nothing positive, nothing new, no issues addressed; only partisan and personal attacks on John McCain. Pretty scary if this represents what America gets with Obama and Biden, and I believe it does represent them.

//
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Have seen this in a couple of places, so let do the hard work for you foggie.. this is one of many consistent source that report this fact and stats...

Does McCain have the worst attendance record in the U.S. Senate? - McCainFactCheck.com

16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

With a Democrat Senate, and being a senior Senator who knows which votes are important and which are simply pro forma, McCain is not as obliged to attend these votes.

Obama, on the other hand, is a wet-behind-the-ears neophyte -- much like you are when it comes to Bob Dylan songs -- and he needs to be at the Senate every single day to learn his job. After all, he's there on my dime as a tax-payer. Fact is, however, Obama has used his Senatorial career merely as a spring-board to enter the presidential race. No one, not even hard-core Dems, denies that. What Obama has done is nothing short of shameful.

//
  17. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm sure both candidates want what's best, and both care. I also think that both are playing politics with EVERYTHING that happens in any given day. I've read where neither is expected to vote on any bill. Would that surprise you? How much does each care, if niether actually voted on the matter? That will be interesting to see.
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

He did not vote once this year, spin it anyway you want.. he did not vote at all, zero, nil... there is no other way to put it cannot put lipstick on this pig..
  19. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Maybe, but I think people will see it according to how they're voting. Obama supporters, like yourself, will see it as "ascared" (even though that's laughable since Obama has had his problems in debates, and Mac wanted more debates than Obama would agree to), and McLame supporters will see it as Foggy does above.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Fog, surely you don't even believe what you're saying. There are reasons why one might like McCain or Obama, but attendance isn't one of them.

Obama is a Constitutional Lawyer and has taught it for 12 years. He probably knows more about Congress than most congresspeople because of that. Four years experience and expertise in Constitutional Law from what is generally considered the finest university in the world is hardly wet behind the ears. But, then again you do have a thing for octogenerians.
  21. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You'd probably know more about pigs than me. Lipstick, too.

:rofl: ------- :rofl: -------- :rofl: ------ :rofl:

"You just want to be on the side that's winning." -- Bob Dylan

//
  22. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Expected response, idiocy at it highest form..
  23. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Real, brother, you've got to take a stand! Look, both of the candidates are flawed -- duh. "Let he is without sin cast the first stone," eh. But one of them is going to be the next president. Either McCain or Obam-uh-h. So, get behind the one you think is better suited for the responsibility of leading America for the next four years. This "pox on both your houses" stuff is nowhere. One thing I learned real early in my short Army career: "lead, follow, or get out of the way." It's the only way that works. Indecision doesn't.

//
  24. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You'd be the authority on that, as well.

You're batting a perfect 1.000!! Maybe you'll get ring from Theo.

//
  25. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

His repsonse or "dis"was nothing more than political rhetoric.