Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama: More dirty tricks from fear mongerers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 15 / -3

Has anyone seen this email being circulated by the Republican Party? I personally know of numerous friends whose parents and grandparents have been sent this. Needless to say it is 100% garbage, but it goes to show the lengths to which the proto-fascists that currently hold power will go to undermine our so called democracy and lie to the American people.

I can't copy and paste any of this for some reason, but Snopes does a decent job of showing how ridiculous the claims in the email are.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

heck, that's nothing...

Obama IS Usama... didn't you know? it's all over YouTube...

documented stupid people are allowed to vote and breed...

3. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, its garbage for sure, but is it from the Republican party? I would think its from a small number of idiots, although according to some here we're all a bunch of bigots anyway, so we wouldn't need anything more than the fact that he's dark skinned to not vote for him.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'm not prepared yet to vote for him because i don't believe he's ready to handle the foreign policy avalanche that would be heaped upon him... he's still a little green in that regard...

his campaign, also, is not ready.... they called me from N.H. the other night talking about setting up a rally in Plymouth... i asked a series of questions regarding the logistics of the rally, and they were like a deer in the headlights... unprepared, and stumbling all over themselves... "we're just getting started, and we have to iron out..." oh? you're just getting started?... how much you wanna bet Hillary has had campaign operatives in Mass. for months up to a year now?

Obama is so close... he's just not ready to win... his campaign doesn't yet know how...

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,364 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

The breed is perhaps worse than the voting? :rofl:

6. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I've been saying for a while that I'd prefer Hillary to Obama as I think she's easier to beat, but I've been thinking lately that maybe Obama would be better since he's beatable now, whereas in 4 or 8 years I don't think there's any stopping him. I still think Hillary is better to beat, but getting a failed run under Obama's belt might be helpful (does that make any sense?).

Pretty funny that they called you about a rally without knowing the details of the rally. I guess they just assumed you'd say yes or no and be done with it, rather than, you know, be sensible and ask some questions.

7. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Mike Judge made a movie about that last year, I haven't seen it yet, but the basic premise is that society will get dumber as stupid people breed out of control while bright people plan carefully for 1 or 2 or decide not to have kids at all.

8. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's called Idiocracy, starring Luke Wilson. The concept to me sounded hilarious, and I love Judge for Office Space and Beavis and Butthead (not so much King of the Hill). Unfortunately, I have heard that it is only ok. Apparently it didn't do all with that concept that it could have. Obviously though, everyone should judge for themselves. Too bad a movie like that didn't get major play, but Americans prefer drivel like Alvin and the Chipmunks and National Treasure.

9. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How DARE you badmouth classic cinema like Alvin and the Chipmunks?

Judge is great, too bad if the word of mouth is right and its only OK. I do like King of the Hill though in addition to Office Space and Beavis + Butthead.

10. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well it's probably worth seeing if you like Judge. I am still interested myself. It's just that people I trust who have seen it say that it just wasn't all it could have been. But Judge is great, there's no perfect lampoon of office life like Office Space. Except for maybe that show, but I forget what it's called ;)

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Idiocracy was utterly abyssmal... however, Office Space is among my Top 5 comedies of all time...

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ain't nobody dumped any dirt on Obama the way the Clintons have, and you ain't seen nuthin' yet. You wait until the Carvilles, Blumenthals, and Begalas get done with Barack. He's going to know what it is to be "Clintoned". He's going to be wishing he was back in Africa, living with his grandma, instead of running against the Clintons. Watch and see.

//

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

This is how the Clintons operate

14. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

that's too bad, I had high hopes.