Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama mama, good one!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... But why wait until kindergarten? Why not send in home health agents (from the govment, of course) with laptops and projectors (teaching aids optional) to show the 3 and 4 year olds??? Is this age discrimination toward the very young??

[highlight] Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama [/highlight]

July 18, 2007 1:13 PM

ABC News' Teddy Davis and Lindsey Ellerson Report: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told Planned Parenthood Tuesday that sex education for kindergarteners, as long as it is "age-appropriate," is "the right thing to do."

"I remember Alan Keyes . . . I remember him using this in his campaign against me," Obama said in reference to the conservative firebrand who ran against him for the U.S. Senate in 2004. Sex education for kindergarteners had become an issue in his race against Keyes because of Obama’s work on the issue as chairman of the health committee in the Illinois state Senate.

"'Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners,'" said Obama mimicking Keyes' distinctive style of speech. "Which -- I didn’t know what to tell him (laughter)."

"But it’s the right thing to do," Obama continued, "to provide age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools."

(More..... )

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/sex-ed-for-kind.html

//
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

I have often thought that this would be a very good thing, the incidence of incest in our country and probably the world is concerning.. not sure how it would be framed, but somehow it needs addressing.

"In addition to local schools informing kindergarteners that babies do not come from the stork, the state legislation Obama supported in Illinois, which contained an "opt out" provision for parents, also envisioned teaching kindergarteners about "inappropriate touching," according to Obama's presidential campaign. Despite Obama's support, the legislation was not enacted."
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, when you start teaching sex in the schools -- which for many kids is like coming from God almost -- when the kids aren't even ready to hear about it; and it's being taught by who knows who (and for what reasons, other than a paycheck); and then kids start becoming sexually active at nine years old, yeah, this must be good for *somebody* (Larry Flynt?), but it sure as hell ain't the kids.

//
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

I was referring to the incest stuff, you dope, read the whole thing and get off of your soapbox.. do not need any more of your preaching crap.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Liberals Are Obsessed With Sex
    Just Look Around

:bricks:
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +383 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

As long as they show the video "Johnny loves Jimmy" I guess it's OK :rolleyes:
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Maybe "good touch-bad touch",.........maybe. I don't know if I'd trust that with a teacher. It would have to be a group setting with some parents present, but then again why not let the parents teach that........unless it's a sicko parent capable of incest. Nevermind:confused:
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

The Only Way America Will Be Conquered Is From Within
    You Are Now Witness To The Beginning Of The Social Destruction Of This Country

Far Left Liberals With Their Looney Agenda's Are Leading The Change When It Is Completed America Will Be Several Different Country's Constantly Fighting Each Other, Liberals Will Vanish, The New Dictators Will Kill Every Damn One Of Them As Soon As They Start Their Masturbation Classes and "I Know My Rights Sh!t"

Why Are Liberals So Obsessed With Sex?

Episcopal Church Service Sunday Morning San Francisco:
    "Mommy"
    "Yes Dear"
    "What Is That Women Doing To That Man Beside The Minister"
    "She's Giving Him A Blow Job Dear, Your Teacher Will Tell You All About It"
    "OK Mom"

9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Harry the LT wings stratigy is to out procreat the RT. Eventually they'll have more voters.
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Nothing wrong with sex education for kids. They certainly need to know what's right and wrong to protect from abuse, and to some degree they might need to have a general idea of what constitutes abuse. It could also help address some issues involving bullying. But, as Obama said, it has to be appropriate to the age level. At any rate, Obama is stupid for calling it sex education, since that seems to draw out the dirty fantasies of conservatives like Harry Boy.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +383 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Kindegarten is too young. The youngest I would consider it is second grade - but that's AT HOME not from some damn teacher.
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

There needs to be a curriculum, obviously, and I truly suspect, given the age group we're talking about, we wouldn't have much disagreement as to the subjects taught or the methods of teaching them. Sure, it's best if parents do the teaching, but it doesn't address the case where the parent is abusive, is protecting someone abusive, or is ignorant, embarrassed, etc. when it comes to talking about such issues.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Well then what should he call it? Isn't it sex education? I love people who want to change words so as to fool people, while (I typed into - edit) knowing that the actuality hasn't. It's like a garbage man calling himself a Sanitation Engineer. Sure, you'll fool most people, the actuality is, you still collect the garbage.

We're talking kindergarden kids. My goodness this country is really twisted. I guess since we give a good chunk of those kids drugs, we might as well teach them about sex.

In fairness to Obama, I know he's not talking about sexual intercourse and such, however, let the fuggin kids be kids. This is the problem with a government monopoly on education, and this is more proof of why we need vouchers ASAP. Let kids be kids please.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I think sex education makes people think of intercourse, masturbation, and other such activities. I don't think those subjects are at all relevant when you're in elementary school. I would assume what he wants kids to learn about are things like respecting privacy, taking care of your bodies, and things like that.

See what I mean. When you heard sex education, you immediately start thinking about sex, not sexuality.

You're against kids learning about their own bodies, so they can protect themselves against sexual predators, bullies, and other abusers?
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Doesn't matter what you were "referring to", incest or whatever else -- as if that somehow magically makes it all A-OK -- today's teachers, being forced to be "all inclusive" (to anything EXCEPT religiously moral foundations), are hardly qualified to talk about sex with ANYBODY. Obama is patronizing the public and pandering to the special interest free sex lobby, a la Larry Flynt and company. Showing his true colors.

And if you don't like my responses, so much that you go apoplectic and have to resort to name-calling and other tantrums, do your self a favor and don't read them. I ain't goin' anywhere on YOUR account and will continue to post as my conscience dictates, your foul-mouthed hissy fits notwithstanding.

//
  16. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

huh!?!?!?:confused:
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Will the dip sh!ts now have sex on all the report cards.

"Mommy, mommy, Billy's in bathroom playing with himself"

"Billy, what are you doing in there"

"I'm doing my homework Mom"

"Oh, ok"

:singing: :singing:
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Gimme a break. It's the doomsday society at work. This isn't about protecting kids, it's about instilling fear into people, and indoctrinating kids into the twisted ciriculum that school boards across the country are instituting. Let kids be kids. Let parents parent. We don't need to teach kindergarten kids anything about sex. They are far too young. I know Obama wasn't talking about intercourse, but the fact of the matter remains that even the basics he speaks of are inapproriate for children at this age. People need to wake up and see that our education system is a monopoly, and is to be feared in it's current form.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Don't worry, after we surrender then open our borders to the world the Muslims will take care of all that "sex education sh!t", the Sex Teachers heads will be rolling all over the school yard.

After School 1949:
    "Blush goo ga, Mary, gosh, can I carry your books home Mary"
    "Sure Ted, tee hee"

After School 2007:
    "Hey Mary, how about a blow job when we get on the bus"
    "Sure Ted, haw haw"
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

I support that we should make children aware of innapropriate touch, it has nothing to do with Larry Flint it has nothing to do with nothing it is my personal belief pure and simple. Used to deal with the people impacted by vitimization, very difficult to make better.