Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Lied About Keeping Private Healthcare!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Jul 16, 2009.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Page 16 of the proposed healthcare bill, no future private sector insurance will be allowed after January 1st of the following year after the passage of the bill. From the bill word for word...

Obama flat out lied about keeping your private healthcare if you wish to keep it. If you ever decide to change jobs, or get laid off - you will be forced into public healthcare (except if you become a U.S. congressman or president). Welcome to the new change - are you now a believer?
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think we need a few more details.
    Sound a little odd to me.
    So you're saying that everyone will need to be on gov insurance?
  3. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Here is an article from Investor's Business Daily:

It's Not An Option

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sounds like mumbo jumbo.
    With maybe a dash of spin.
    No offense.
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

There is no healthcare plan yet. It's still being negotiated. First both houses must vote and approve a plan. Then they must get together and settle their differences. At that point, Obama will have to decide whether the plan is good enough. But, so far Obama has lied about nothing with regard to healthcare because there is not a plan yet, only proposals.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Why waa this [ut in? Words in legislation mean things. The meaning is clear. keep on spinning libbies.
  7. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Energy and Commerce committee, along with two other House committees, is scheduled to take up the bill Thursday. So there is a bill, of course not final. But this was on PAGE 16!!!! What other goodies will be found in this 1,000+ page bill? And the Pelosi wants the House to vote on it late next week.

If there is a bill, there is a plan. A little research goes a long way, try it.
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

We are long way from having a health care bill. The only point I'm making is that Obama has not lied until a bill becomes law. Obama is unlikely to take a stand on a bill until it is further along in the process.
  9. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama continues lying UNTIL he gets what he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama has a secret 'tax' plan for his supporters in the bill.

When I see it, i'll show it here so that everybody can laugh at 'innocent' people.
  10. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No, your exacts word were, "There is no healthcare plan yet." My point is that you were wrong, as there is clearly a bill.

And you are, again, wrong. Obama is already supporting the bill in the House - so therefore, he is already taking a stand.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

There is no healthcare plan yet. It is still being negotiated. I did not say there is no bill yet. (Look up the words if you are unfamiliar with their meanings.) When there's a plan in place, then maybe you will be able to say that Obama lied.

He supports the concept of national health care, so he'll support any bill that moves in that direction, but there's a lot of negotiating to take place. I can find no article that says he fully supports the house bill. I believe he's first waiting to see the Senate bill.

Perhaps you are new to politics, but the process with major bills is that they go through a lot of negotiating before they are enacted.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Point is Patters a prvision was placed in the Bill to allow for killing private health insurance. Someone ut it there and the pubbies had no hand in crafting this bill. The intent of the dems is clear.
  13. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I've read that those who choose private hc will be penalized so even if there IS a private HC option, it'll eventually become too expensive for many people, which of course is the general idea imho. He'll make it so that people will be pretty-much forced into a govt-run HC system.

But it doesn't surprise me that this administration would try and sneak something like that into a gazillion-page bill; they managed to do that just recently with the stimulus package IIRC ;)

Here's another little-known tidbit nestled deep within the bill:
    "Interventions", in your home, conducted by govt run hc workers.

CNSNews.com - Health Care Bill Will Fund State Vaccine Teams to Conduct ?Interventions? in Private Homes

Here's the pdf of the bill if anyone wants to check it out: http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Well that was the old way ... the new way is they write bills in Pelosi's office ... closed door ... they don't debate them, they don't read them and then they vote for them. the old way wasn't perfect but it was better than the current way.
  15. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Oh please, let's stop the childish parsing of words.

If BO supports this bill (plan to you), then he is sincerely dishonest (again).
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Well, "If" this wording ends up in the final bill, it won't be acceptable to the American people. Our gov't can't tell us we can't have company paid private insurance.

So Obama better make sure it's acceptable to us, not him.
  17. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No your'e right, he's only misleading the public to gain support. We stand corrected.
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

The FACT that elimination of private health insurance is EVEN BEING CONSIDERED is reason to enough to kill this bill now! Our gov't can't tell our citizens what kind of health insurance we'll have...eff them all. :D

I'm a democrat who voted for Obama and based upon the promises he made, I'm more disappointed as time goes on. A president can't completely revamp a nation to HIS liking...sorry to bring "spend everything" far lefties the bad news. It aint gonna happen without WIDE-spread support across the nation.
  19. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't know what I find scarier. The looming lack of choice or the endless neutering of American accountability.
  20. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How the hell can Dodd, Lieberman, or Rep. Larson even allow the end of private insurance to even be added to any bill? The people of Connecticut are gonna be pissed at that especially Hartford :eek: