Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama/Kennedy Weather...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 18, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

One thing I always remembered about the Kennedy inaugaration.. was the weather and how it impacted his inaugaration.. was a paper boy that year, and it was a tough year to deliver. Just an interesting parallel, not sure it means all that much.. but interesting memory.

Kennedy Weather..

Inauguration Weather: The Case of Kennedy - Capital Weather Gang

The weather forecast for Obama..

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 38.89N and Longitude 77.02W

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Another quirk from that inauguration and I'm not sure if the outgoing VP was up on the podium, but if so, you would have had all the men who would serve as President from 1953-1974 with Ike outgoing, as his VP ( Nixon) as well as JFK and LBJ. I'm trying to think of another time in our nation's history when all 4 were up there at the same time...
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,039 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I was a paperboy from the age of 7 as a helper to a paperboy entrepeneur from 9-13. I also remembered the seasons by the weather deliver the ProJo which then was the Journal in the AM and the Buelletin in the PM.

Oh well ... carry on Barack ... he's a Chicago boy so he's used to bad weather.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

I love watching Windbag Biden trailing along behind Messiah Prince like a little Poodle.

Aunt Zucchini-----------------:singing:
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

I used to do a huge route with a friend, 75 papers, Newport daily news.. at one time had an evening bulletin route with about 16 papers.. the Bulletin Route paid better.. ?? Knew then I would probably never be a business man.
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think they all were. I happened to catch a special the other night and I believe they showed all those guys up there. I remember because I was trying to focus in on Nixon when they mentioned the names.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,039 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I had an average of @40 papers and I had @45 Sunday papers. I used to do the night route on my bike and the Sunday route I had a little red wagon. This was back in the 60's and early 70's. I averaged $25 to $30 week ... that was way huge money back then for a kid.
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I had one until around 1980 or so. 30 Boston Globes a day plus collecting. I took it over from my sister, who had found a job answering phones for various businesses after hours. That's two antiquated jobs, since my sis was only a teen and I doubt our parents would have let her commute to India after school, which is what she'd have to do today:D

I'm glad this thread got derailed to paper routes. I was just calling my dad every name in the book (in my head) for parking in the most inconvenient spot possible when its time for me to come shovel him out. He was always there on Sunday mornings with the car to help with those back-breaking Sunday Globes.