Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Issues Dream Act by Executive order

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 22, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +158 / 7 / -13

Why bother with laws. Amnesty by executive order. American people opposed to Dream Act....screw em.

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

When a POTUS goes against the will of the people, his/her arrogance really stands out.

So if an illegal immigrant is enrolled in an education program paid for by US citizens, they can stay?
    WTF??
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What's the alternative?
    I think the borders and ports should be more stringently regulated, but what exactly are we supposed to do with a billion Mexicans?
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +158 / 7 / -13

Send them to whereever they came from Illegally, but without AK 47's.
  5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

1 BILLION? you're just kidding, right?
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 2 / -9

We have 12 million illegal alien criminals wandering around the country, they get health care (ER) they get slobbered over by the god damn liberal loons, they are treated by some of the more 'FAR OUT LIBERALS' as though they were sent to us by God himself, THEY ARE NOT IMMIGRANTS THEY ARE CRIMINALS THEY BROKE THE LAWS OF THE USA WHEN THEY ENTERED THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.

YOUR GRANDCHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN WLL BE THE ONES TO SUFFER AND PAY FOR ALL OF THIS INSANITY, IN THE THIRD WORLD THAT AMERICA WILL BECOME THE PASTY FACED BAT SH!T SLOBBERING DO-GOODING SIMPERING LIBERALS WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE ELIMINATED THE NEW DICTATORS WOULD NEVER TOLERATE THEIR BULLSH!T.

IN THE NEW WORLD OF "THE DICTATOR" LIBERALS WILL SLOWLY VANISH IN THE NIGHTIME, CAN ANY OF YOU IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS ENVISON SOMEBODY LIKE CHAVEZ OR FIDEL CASTRO ALLOWING A CHRIS MATTHEWS A KATIE COURIC OR A NANCY PELOSI TO LIVE AND BREATHE IN A NEW THIRD WORLD.

:bricks:
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How? Who pays for it? I'm serious and believe that this is the main problem...Well, that plus the Owners won't let it happen.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yes. I couldn't think of the real number, so is did like everyone else does.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

"SIMPERING" Harry? Are you building a new dictionary or is that an "old-fashioned" word from another era?
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

Yes, you dee-id wistah...one BILLION (with pinky in corner of mouth) it is then!;)

Dr. Evil and Mini-Me would be very proud of you!
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

"Owners" as in "Slave owners"? We should kick their collective arses too!
  12. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +333 / 4 / -10

so.....do nothing?

at some point you needs to consider the notion that the long term costs will only be greater........much like the abortion debate.......

we can abort logically based on the cost of that child born into neglect, but we can't pay to remove these people from our society even though they will cost us even more if they remain?
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -26

Did anyone read the memo.. or just trust the biased interpretation.. most choose to follow along.

The reality is despite the hysteria, is that illegal immigration is down and deportations are up.. despite the efforts of the right wing to stymy the appointment of judges to the immigration courts..

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

But we're not discussing whether or not illegal immigration is up or down. We are discussing the Dream Act.

The "Dream Act"....what kind of name is that? I really wonder why they used a phrase that would tug on "some people's" heart-string? (not many, but some):rolleyes:

"The American Dream"...."I have a Dream"....ok, now I know why they used it.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -26

Then you did not read the memo and choose to attack, just think if you used the energy to read the memo.. the results may be amazing.

There is no mention of Dream act in the memo.. it sets out priorities for ICE....
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

Who pays for it? Who pays to feed, house, medicate, and educate these illegals and their families that are here? To me this is a simple issue. The problem is obvious, and the remedy fairly easy to put in place. A little more border security. Hefty fines for employers who hire illegals. Severe penalties for anyone issuing false documentation (i.e. people selling SS #'s down at Haymarket Station for $50-100). A law that states anyone here illegally is not allowed any government bennies (I mean any). Status checks by police during a police stop of some kind. Immediate deportation hearings for illegals who are apprehended. A guest worker program for people who say we need illegals to pick fruit. To me it's that easy. Once you step it up at the border, step it up against employers, deport people on the spot to set an example, and penalize the people who facilitate an illegals ability to be here, you'll create an environment where fewer and fewer will feel it's worth while to come. It's really not that complicated. Well, then again, it requires a little principle and some common sense, so maybe it is complicated for some.
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +461 / 6 / -7

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's all great and I agree with most of what you say, but I was talking about who pays for deporting those presently living here illegally? Since the cost of amnesty is all that is important to some, do you or anyone else here realize the logistical and monetary cost that project would take? If there is no amnesty, there would be a large group of people living here illegally indefinitely.

The U.S. paid $5 billion in just one year for the deportation costs of fewer than 400,000 illegal immigrants (less than 4% of the current illegal population in the country). Add that to the cost of providing medical care to illegal immigrants and the cost of educating the children of illegals and pretty soon you’re talking about some serious money.

Using the estimate of $12,500 per person, it would cost $137.5 billion dollars to deport each and every illegal presently in the country. But of course, even if you deport a large majority of the illegal immigrants, unless we really make a serious effort to secure our border, many of them will come back.

Just how much plain brick and mortar fencing and how many extra border patrol agents could we purchase with that $5 billion a year?

How much does it cost to deport 1 illegal immigrant? $12,500 « Sea to Shining Sea

To deport the 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States en masse, it would take more than 200,000 buses, stretching more than 1,800 miles, according to a December 2009 Center for American Progress (CAP) report. (I did the math, and that would amount to 47.5 feet per bus and 60 people per bus. Of course, in real life, some people would have to be sent home via airplane.)

The cost would be nearly $300 billion over five years, the think tank estimates.

And that doesn’t even take into account the money that would be sucked out of the economy by removing 12 million people, many of whom do work ranging from housecleaning, to working in restaurants, to building houses.

It’s not going to happen, of course, most of these people are here to stay. We just have to admit it to ourselves.

How Much Would It Cost To Deport Every Illegal Immigrant? More Than We Can Afford | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

Those are from conservative links.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -26

If we deported all of the illegals who would do the shyt jobs?? America's dirty little secret.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

WOW! Nice leap of topic! That's the first time I've seen those two linked that way. Interesting.

Not saying do nothing. Where did you see that?