Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama is still a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Mar 16, 2008.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

Obama may have distanced himself from his hero Jeromiah Wright after
    the video of the pastors racist statements became news late last week.

Obama is still a member of the United Trinity Church of Christ and their
    Black Value system.

http://www.tucc.org/black_value_system.html

How can you run for President as a uniter and be a member of this separatist church?

If McCain or Hillary were a member of a church that had a white value system, it would be a major issue.

Why is this not an issue with Obama?
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

When Obama wins it'll be just like 1992 all over again.

Methinks Joe might be too young, but I'm sure all you old time righties remember this little ditty. It must have played what? 8 or 9 thousand times at the '92 Inaugural.
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's not an issue because far too many white journalists are scared to death they'll be called racists if they mention it. Add to that something as simple as Clinton fatigue, plus Hillary being unpopular at best AND the media being something like 95% left leaning, and what have you got?

For the record, I don't give a crap what church he goes to. What bothers me is knowing how differently it would be treated were it a republican.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Barack Hussein Obama's arrogance would never allow him or Princess Michelle to leave the Racist hate Church.

It he wasn't so scary and dangerous it might be fun to watch this a$s hole play President.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Good one..."black republican"...heh, heh..
    Anyhow, wouldn't it be great if we had two candidates who didn't go to any church? This whole church crap is making my head spin. Who's religion is best, who's church is worse......they all suck!

.oops, did I say that out loud?......next stop, Hell!
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No kidding. It wears me out how these people get religion only for expedience.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They'd sell their kids to the devil (I know, there's no such thing) to avoid working.
  8. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

Investors Daily Daily (editorial)

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=285292746454291

Obama's Church
    By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Election 2008: Since we first drew attention to Barack Obama's Afrocentric church a full 12 months ago, other media have weighed in. And additional disturbing information has come to light.

At the core of the Democratic front-runner's faith — whether lapsed Muslim, new Christian or some mixture of the two — is African nativism, which raises political issues of its own.

In 1991, when Obama joined the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, he pledged allegiance to something called the Black Value System, which is a code of non-Biblical ethics written by blacks, for blacks.

It encourages blacks to group together and separate from the larger American society by pooling their money, patronizing black-only businesses and backing black leaders. Such racial separatism is strangely at odds with the media's portrayal of Obama as a uniter who reaches across races.

9. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/Obama_Church_Racism/2008/01/07/62285.html

Barack Obama's Racist Church
    If Sen. Obama rejects the Rev. Wright’s warped view of this country, why does he continue to attend his church?

Monday, January 7, 2008 10:16 AM

By: Ronald Kessler

Imagine if Mitt Romney’s church proclaimed on its website that it is “unashamedly white.”

The media would pounce, and Romney’s presidential candidacy would be over. Yet that is exactly what Barack Obama’s church says on its web site — except in reverse.

“We are a congregation which is unashamedly black and unapologetically Christian,” says the Trinity United Church of Christ’s website in Chicago. “We are an African people and remain true to our native land, the mother continent, the cradle of civilization.”

That’s just the beginning. The church has a “non-negotiable commitment to Africa,” according to its website, and its pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. subscribes to what is called the Black Value System.

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ohhh, fun with numbers! If I may ask, just where did you pull that figure out of? Did you guesstimate and post again based on feeling?

Wanna talk about which way the CORPORATE media ultimately leans?
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Boy, white righties are quick to play the race card. Never mind that Reagan embraced racist ministers, and that Reagan and Bush embraced anti-gay, anti-abortion ministers who called for the overthrow of the US.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/obamas-minister-committe_b_91774.html

"when my late father -- Religious Right leader Francis Schaeffer -- denounced America and even called for the violent overthrow of the US government, he was invited to lunch with presidents Ford, Reagan and Bush, Sr."

Obama condemned the remarks, which is more than Bush or Reagan ever did with regard to people like Shaeffer, and Obama said he's continuing in the church only because Wright is retiring at the end of March.

Amazing how righties so blatantly play the race card. It's clear that many righties don't like Obama because of the color of his skin, since they obviously don't care about affiliations when it comes to members of their own party.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Some might say it is all they have to hang onto, as the economy is in the worse shape since WW II (according to Greenspan), gas and food prices are rising astronomically and there seems to be a lot of american people having very difficult times.
  13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

I shortened a couple of posts because they quoted too many paragraphs from the source article. Please don't forget this important rule, which is intended to help patsfans.com avoid copyright infringement:

When quoting, you may only copy up to four paragraphs from the source, and you must include a working URL or the source of the quotes. In other words,
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You could always go to google and see what you find, if you really wish to learn. After all, if you search for the answer yourself, you'll remember it. If I lead you by the hand and give you the answer, you'll soon forget and move on to the next sparkly trinket that catches your fancy.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Boy you're determined to get some use out of this link to HuffPo, huh? You've posted it in something like 4 different places this morning. You're treating it as though t'were the cure for cancer or something. Guess what, it's not.

And while we're on the subject, WTF (and I really mean that--let me "say" it again just to be clear: WTF) is this crap from you
    Hmm?
    Seriously, that's pretty damn offensive. If someone has a problem with a man who says the US government created AIDS to kill blacks, that makes those who have that problem racists? Seriously--take a step back and think before you post crap like that, moderator or no moderator, I think that calls for a couple of infraction points.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Broken down it means Obama took an oath to Participate in Segregation, Racism & Bigotry just like the KKK Does.

His pastor sounds just like a Grand Wizard from the days when the KKK was
    "riding high"
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  17. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

This is the real issue !

Obama is running for President as a uniter and he is a member of a anti-white
    anti-american church !

A black value system is nothing but pure racism !
  18. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

He's running to be commander in chief, not preacher in chief.
  19. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

It's a black church born during slavery.
  20. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And this raises serious questions about his judgement.