Welcome to PatsFans.com

obama is concerned

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Jul 2, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Too many jobs lost, Obama says in AP interview - Yahoo! News

With joblessness rising, President Barack Obama said Thursday he was "deeply concerned" about unemployment and conceded that too many families are worried about "whether they will be next" to suffer economically.

hey, moron...........what about those people who have already lost their jobs?

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

He's paving the way for Stimulus II. Just over a year until his party, and power, gets knocked down in the midterms.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

President Axelrod will be gone before then also. The problem here may be Obama listening too much to the people that got him elected ... the professional liars ... like Axelrod should not be shaping policy ... Obama will figure that out real soon due to plummeting numbers.

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It'll occur to him in a couple of years that maybe a tax CUT might stimulate the economy ..... you know, the FREE MARKET economy.

The inmates have taken over the asylum.

//

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

When con men like president jug ears say "they are deeply concerned" watch out.

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Honest" Jim Wright (Dem Speaker of the House for about five minutes, after Tip O'Neil graduated) loved to say: "We only want to help yew!!"

Hold onto your wallets and reach for the 12 guage if he's on your property.

//

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +594 / 24 / -19

To my knowledge, no one ever claimed that the recession would be over or unemployment would be in decline by now. In fact, even early on, most experts that I read said that the recesson would last at least the year, but unemployment would continue to climb beyond that. Nonetheless, it's important for Republicans to show discontent in order to frame the discussion later on. The question is, Why are they doing it here? Do you really think that if Obama was doing a good job, the recession would be over and employment would be on the way up by now?

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If Barney Frank and other co-conspirators that brought us the melt-down were in jail awaiting their well-deserved trials, half the problem would be solved. The other half will come when the mid-terms cleanse the Congress of all the rest.

Then, 2012, and "free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty, we'll be free at last!!!! Halleluja!!! "

Another failed experiment swept into the eternal dust bin of history. To be remembered with only regret.

//

9. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Obama regarding the stimulus:

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, like working for ACORN. They're "private sector". :rolleyes:

//

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +466 / 12 / -14

Well Mr Teleprompter and his Posse said that the stimilus would hold the unemployment rate below 8%. Here is their chart from the intro the the stimilus plan, the blue lines are the Obama Biden fantasies, the red dots are the reality predicted by conservatives like me.

[​IMG]

Note Just how clueless Team Obama was in their silly projections.

The next shoe to drop will be the massive increase in the budget deficit beyond the crazy high numbers the obamaites have admitted to. They won't come close to their economic growth numbers.

Remember the idiots predicted 4% growth in Q4. The fun is just beginning. If they push through the 2nd stimilus and the 'health care reform' the country will be in far worse shape than the mess were are heading into.

12. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

i am itchy

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +594 / 24 / -19

Thank goodness for the stimulus bill or things would certainly be worse.

Given when the stimulus bill was passed, it seems apparent that the extent of the fourth quarter contraction was known. Bush clearly left us in worse shape than initially thought.

I think it would be easy to show that Administration numbers, regardless of who's in office, are always very optimistic.

No, I don't think they ever really expected 4% growth, but their strategy like that of all administrations is to get their plan implemented. I know at some level you know that, but I also understand the value of this fodder in trying to salvage the Republican Party.

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +466 / 12 / -14

If taxes had been cut to encourage investment things would be much better. I of course predicted that the stimilus wouldn't help. What I predicted earlier is coming to pass. You IIRC felt the stimulus would be effective.

Really The Obama team claimed to be on top of the situation. Apparently they were full of it.

Optimistic is one thing, the wet dream that was sold to the country was pure fiction. Besides according to the progressives like you his predictions were accurate. Remember our conversations when the stimulus was announced? ;)

Excuse me the 4% growth was in their budget and was used to show a lower deficit...

I don't care about the pubbies, sorry I do care about conservative/libertarian economic policies that produce a healthy economy. Instead of the disasterous statist policies being put in place by the dems.

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +594 / 24 / -19

No, people would have saved their money like they're doing now, and we'd have a bad deficit, and we'd be building up the deficit with unemployment insurance. It's 5 months into Obama's term. It's a bit too early to make a prediction. But, I agree with those who say a second stimulus may be necessary.

Sure they were, but that's how you get things done in DC. Remember "Mission accomplished." It served Bush's short term interests.

Oh, I think your pessimism is misplaced, but only time will tell. I think without the stimulus we'd be worse off.

Conservative policies gave us the current recession, and libertarian policies gave us the Great Depression. Great track record.

16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

bad deficit? we have by far the worst one ever right now........

patters is a rolodex of excuses for the barry.......you will be saying the same crap after a year......but by then it will be too late

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +466 / 12 / -14

Bottom line I predicted his policies would fail, you predict they would suceed, we shall see, so far things are going according to his plan regardless of your spin.

18. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Obama is running this country based upon his radical socio-economic philosophy, not economic reality. We are now beginning to see the negative impact. His chickens are coming home to roost.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The fact and thus, Obama's dilemma is that your can't raise taxes without hurting the economy. The best thing any politician can do right now is nothing. It is less of a risk to allow people to suffer in the short term than jeopardizing the future of generations to come.

All Obama's plans for health care, etc. are good ideas, but now is not the time. The ONLY thing important right now is that our economy get back on track.

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Obama is totally winging it. He has thrown all the cards up into the air and hopes to high heaven they come down right.

In the end, it will depend on the goodness of the American people to determine whether the U.S. comes out of this better or worse than we went into it: if we are humble before God and listen to His voice we shall overcome; if not .... I don't want to think about it.

//