Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama: 'I screwed up' on Daschle appointment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Feb 3, 2009.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

The new president admits he made a mistake...a mistake. How refreshing from the last president who NEVER made a mistake in his life.

Obama: 'I screwed up' on Daschle appointment - CNN.com

ng the nomination of Tom Daschle as his Health and Human Services secretary, saying Daschle's tax problems sent a message that the politically powerful are treated differently than average people.
    President Barack Obama is interviewed by CNN's Anderson Cooper on Tuesday.

President Barack Obama is interviewed by CNN's Anderson Cooper on Tuesday.

Daschle, the former Democratic leader in the U.S. Senate, withdrew earlier Tuesday as news that he failed to pay some taxes in the past continued to stir opposition on Capitol Hill.

"I think I screwed up," Obama said in an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper. "And, I take responsibility for it and we're going to make sure we fix it so it doesn't happen again."
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

refreshing.

strange how he isn't blaming the generals on the ground, or bad intel.....
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

How was it a mistake since he and his people knew Tommy was a tax cheat when they selected him. He is only sorry Tommy got exposed. They thought they could ram him through like they did with the Tres sec....
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

And he takes responsibility. :eek: When was the last time you heard that from a politician unless he's been caught being naughty and wants to get back in the good graces of the public.
  5. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

4 potential cabinet candidates with "issues"? No way to spin this, not good!
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

What would Messiah have done if nobody squawked, our new President is just another slick slimey politician, he's in the same boat with Clinton, Bush, Johnson, the Drunken Kennedys and Slinky Little Carter, it's going to be hard to criticize the Prince though.

America wanted him America got him, remember, he comes from Chicago and we all know what comes out of that place.

ALL HAIL BARACK SUPER KING
    slobber slobber slobber
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Good pizza?

Over-rated Basketball teams?
  8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

four?

Gunther + Daschle = 2, who else do say has issues.
  9. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

Richardson and Nancy Killefer. Hello?
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Richardson and a women today named Nancy.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

He's made the mistake three times. There's nothing cool about admitting you're wrong when you are serially wrong. Refreshing ? Blah. Quit f*cking up.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Try 17 waivers to his no lobbyist rule. Hey, he made a mistake though, all is well. I guess all GW had to do was say "oops, my bad" a couple of times, and all would be forgotten.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

How can the President Of The USA not know the background of the people he is appointing to these
    "high place jobs" doesn't he realize like the rest of us that Politicians are Lying Dishonest Souless Crooked Bastards.

Prince Barack has a lot to learn, his arrogance and his title "Mr President" doesn't give him a free pass on his actions, he isn't a Dictator yet.

I hope the Neo Con Republicans have finally gotten the balls to watch every move this guy makes and they should always remember HE COMES FROM CHICAGO (he's an old friend of Bloogeyditch)

Booma talks pretty but remember what The Shadow used to say,
    "who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men"
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Obama is full of sh!t.
    Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.
    Cronyism, hypocrisy, incompetence...he better get his sh!t together fast or we're fukced! Maybe we're already fukced and he's just gonna supply the K-Y.
  15. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Um, he DID get caught being naughty and wants to get back in the good graces of the public. That is 100% what happened here.

It is an interesting take on the situation to praise Obama for admitting a mistake rather than taking him to task for what is now a series of appointments marred by scandal/conflict (Daschle, Holder, Geitner, Richardson). We give him a free pass for starting his Presidency of "Hope and Change" by appointing a bunch of career pols with skeletons in the closet?
  16. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, let's give him some time, and also remember it is sadly true that its hard to find an washington insider who ISN'T dirty!!!
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Do we have a choice?
    I knew this was going to happen. My joy that Bush was no longer able to fukc things up anymore sorta let my guard down to who was coming in next. Honestly I didn't expect any more than what we're seeing today. Obama needs to take Rahm aside and shake the living sh!t out of him and say, "Listen! I need you to stop this sh!t from happening again! Get you're act together or - friend or no friend - you're outta here!"
  18. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and he (Rahm) strikes me as a guy that has his stuff together, I wouldn't have expected it from him. These selections to me imply either carelessness or arrogance, neither of which is very good!
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

The Obama News Agency (NBC--MSNBC) are all fluttering their eye lids and praising Obama for being "SO BRAVE" for saying "I screwed up", he screwed up all right, FOUR times in a couple of weeks, wern't we all told what a Brilliant mind this man Obama has, even a friggin moron makes a background check when he hires more morons.

Question:
    Is Barack Hussein Obama a "Moron" or does he really think he is God and can do whatever he pleases---------:confused:
  20. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Obama has made some of the worst cabinet appointments in history. It's one of the biggest clusterfvcks in history. 2 of his cabinet appointments blew up before they even got to their positions. 3 have tax issues. The new guy overseeing the IRS is a tax cheat, and his #2 man is a lobbyist for Goldman Sachs. 17 lobbiests in key positions??? Really?

This is one of the most corrupt administrations ever to take control. Welcome to Chicago politics.