Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Holding Terror Suspects Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jun 28, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

washingtonpost.com

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

He ran as an "anti war president" all the blubberers and hand wringers believed him, now all he does is flash his beautiful smile and feed them some more of his teleprompter "crap" (I don't say sh!t anymore, I voted against it)
    Both Wars Still Going On
    Get Bush

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama is a hypocrite. His supporters loves his sweet little lies.

4. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He's already holding many of the terror suspects indefinitely; it's not like they plan to open the gate and thell them all to scoot. This all has to do with technicalities:

In essence, this is all ado about nothing.

Nonetheless, it just amazes me that folks who supported Bush keeping the prisoners locked up would then bash Obama for allegedly doing the same thing. You don't hate Obama for doing what you feel is the wrong thing, otherwise you should be lauding him, as I would have lauded Bush had he chose not to invade Iraq.

Just more proof that you hate Obama merely for who he is and not on his policies.

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Most all of his groupies (adore him) for who he is and could care less for his policies, thats what elected him.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,067 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Lots of truth there Harry ... it is what it is.

7. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Touché....

8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Obama's full of crap, and we know it. I'm really disappointed in him because, while I didn't expect he'd be honest, I at least thought he'd do more to reverse the crimes of the Bush administration. He's done nothing but help Bush and his pasty-faced chickenhawks cover their tracks. He's wasting his unprescedented political leverage so far. This is beginning to look like a "coulda, shoulda" presidency.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Nobody will believe this but when I watched him being crowned in Feb and saw all his groupies blubbering and crying he almost "had me" I thought "maybe this guy is sincere, maybe I'm wrong" he almost had me but my first instincts were right, political correctness, pop culture, fawning liberalism and racism elected him, Obama is a Golden Tongued gifted CON MAN, his Vice President choice was brilliant, he chose the biggest Blowhard Moron in American politics to be his bullet proof vest.

We will see The Change, all bad.

10. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

What are you talking about? First he opened up the possibility to prosecute individuals based on mandates of the previous admin. That had never been done before. Secondly, he's wasting no time leveraging huge programs down americans throats, porkulus and cap and trade,and now on to health care. He can't meet everyone's expectations because now that he's in office he realizes that there are some necessary evils in the world. The priveliage of information and it's burden.

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Give me one case where there has been a prosecution of the kind you imply.
    The huge programs being leveraged down people's throats are no more costly or damaging than the ones Bush pushed and won. It's just different interests getting the money. No difference in the bottom line since we've been a broke country for years now. I'll give you the point that Obama's made it worse, not better as far as the debt and the apparent demolition of the currency are concerned.

He's wasting his time by failing to support any transition to a new energy policy. Manufacturing is still dropping like a rock. Everything else is meaningless unless these two problems are addressed, IMO.

And what are the "necessary evils" in the world you speak of? What has the Bush/Obama administration done to eradicate them? More Whack-a-Mole.

12. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

I never said he made it worse, while I don't agree with his spending and tend to think that it's going to lead to inflation. I don't think enough time has passed to fairly judge it. I don't like it but am not willing to shout from the rooftops about it. I'm sure he is privy to information about Afghanistan and Iraq that he does'nt like. I'm sure before he came into office a reduction in the presence in Afghan was on the plate, but after speaking to the military higher ups he's committing more troups.