Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Has Cut Taxes for 98.6 Percent of Working Households

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Shhhhhhhhhh.......

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Obama Has Cut Taxes for 98.6 Percent of Working* Households**

The broadest tax cut in the stimulus package is the “Making Work Pay” tax credit, worth about $116.2 billion (see the Urban Brookings Tax Policy Center for this and other figures) and applicable to the vast majority of working Americans. Indeed, all single filers making less than $95,000 and all joint filers making less than $190,000 are eligible for this tax cut. Most of them, in fact, are already receiving it in the form of lower withholding on their paychecks.

The well-to-do are benefiting too – or at least they will once it comes time to file their taxes next April. That’s because, as part of the stimulus, the government extended the alternative minimum tax (AMT) “patch”, which reduces the tax burden for some 24-26 million Americans who would be subject to the AMT.
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well whoopee. We beneficiaries will wind up paying more in state and local taxes for all our everyday needs. With the possibility of even more coming out of our pockets with cap and trade and the deficit national health care might bring I don't think lower taxes is the thing I'm going to be praising him for by the time its all said and done
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

He's also raised taxes on many with his cigarette tax increase and just wait for healthcare and cap & tax if you think taxes will go down under the obamans.

Good stuff. obama lowering taxes. He may lower one but he'll raise others more.
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Smoking is a ... wait for it .. personal choice! (So, of course, is polluting.)
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Sure, it is - it doesn't cost me a dime - but he has still raised taxes on all smokers.
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's an incentive to reduce health care costs (half serious, I **** you not). ;)
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Smokers cost less over a lifetime. They cost more per year but they have far fewer years.

Next I'll hear electricity is a choice when cap & tax cranks up our electric bills.
  8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Lesson: don't crack a joke with a Republican on the political forum.

Lesson: no matter the argument a Republican will employ some absurd scenario that no reasonable person would posit.

Major Stars is better than politics.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

. . . LMAO, considering I am the one who made a joke :rolleyes:
  10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Really? Then I completely missed it. My bad.
  11. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Oh yea, that's the $6 a week tax cut. Amazing, my paycheck is now so much bigger, I think it's actually weighs more too.

But, unfortunately, after next year, all the Bush tax cuts go bye bye - you know, the ones Obama says he will let expire. That one saves us about $1500 a year. So give me some crumbs now, and take away my bread later.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  12. resnor

resnor Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't try to talk sense in here.
  13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

14. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really, what is sales tax? what is Payroll taxes? what is Property tax?

So what if half the households don't pay income tax? THEY DON'T MAKE THAT MUCH MONEY!

If you pay income tax, your living high off the hog and need to STFU cause no one cares about you. We all pay taxes, even the bums on the street pay them, get over yourself and act like a man.

Why do people have to pay more taxes just cause they make more money and our successful? CAUSE LIFE'S NOT FAIR!

I swear to god, some of you ppl need to get some act right beat into you......
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

The obamans need to remember this, then, when they raise other taxes and claim they didn't raise taxes on the bottom 95%. He can't have it both ways by raising taxes on the middle class and then claiming that he didn't raise (income) taxes and claiming there were no raised taxes.

He's a liar.
  16. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

What is the point of this? To point out that those whom pay income taxes should feel lucky because of prosperity? Last time I checked life's not a scratch ticket. We ought not support a tyranny against those whom have achieved. They didn't just get lucky. Why don't we all just aspire for mediocrity and ensure government wipes our *sses until we get too old and we're more useful as soylent green.
  17. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

wow....this one is really bobbling.......actually, it's alot easier for me........if obama adversely affects my bottom line, I will simply lay someone off
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

half of american households pay no taxes

was supposed to be

half of american households pay no income taxes

but bobble-head knew what I meant.........either that or he/she is really that ignorant
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9

If Obama has cut taxes you can bet your a$s your paying for it somewhere else, his "communist czars" will see to that.

"mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "beautiful prince obama just gave me a nickel"
    "i know dear but he stole your bike"
  20. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep

Didn't say it was, if that was your interpretation of what I said then your interpretation was wrong.

I never said we should, all I said was don't ***** about having to pay more taxes then ppl that make less then you.

Oh ****, lmao you know how many silver spoon fed ppl I know? how many ppl I know got an Inheritance? what about the ones that got there family bizz passed down to them?

Very very very very, few ppl make their money the right way, most lie,cheat,steal or get LUCKY!

Quit acting like you work all day and all night and you have to tuffest job ever, your lazy, your probley fat and you have nv seen the world through the eyes of another. Another right-winger......is what you are.

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you:rolleyes: Keep acting like a spoild kid that want all his toys.