Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Groupies Won't Like This One

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

Something for Obamaites to Scoff at.......:)

Stupid Obama Crap:
    Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare is about the government's coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development.

It's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.
    Chuck Norris : Dirty Secret No. 1 in Obamacare - Townhall.com
  2. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

yes......

and for their next trick, ritalin in the drinking water
  3. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

First off... Chuckles Norris? Seriously?

Second off... you have to "sign up" to read his stuff, and I refuse to sign up never mind read anything by a celebrity who (ab)uses their celebrity by talking about things they probably don't understand.

Third off... I looked it up (link), as I suspected, the quote is not exact. Chuck Norris lied and you just drank his koolaid. Here is a more complete quote (my emphasis added)

Funny how he left out the word voluntary. Chuck Norris is an idiot.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

But Chuck Norris can run this country, with no congress, cabinet any employees if he wanted to...
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Voluntary or not, we can't afford all this crap. obama says we'll save money by adding tens of millions to the system and adding stuff like this which is labor intensive (a home visit isn't a machine running overnight, it's paying someone by the hour every hour). obama is a complete joke.

Harry's wrong, though, obaman groupies will like it - they like everything he does however nonsensical it is.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

We do this now through the visiting nurse service... not sure from which one of the five pending bills this is from though... health promotion is something that should be happening, not every dollar needs to be spend on curative functions...
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

And we shouldn't other than for the most dire situations. There's a TON of money wasted this way in CA, it's one of the reasons we were so far in the hole.
  8. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

BZZZZT! Nice try, but I'm not going to let you deflect this debate BF. This thread is not about costs and expenses, it is about the insinuation that the health reform bill indicated an Orwellian approach ("dirty little secret") to raising children by taking it over from the parents.

Please stick to the subject and stop hijacking threads. Chuck Norris deliberately lied, plain and simple.
  9. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Give him a little mustache and he'll look just like Hitler. :D
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not deflecting anything, it's about whether this particular piece should be embraced and this piece is about not only the actions but the cost of the actions. If we had a home visitation fairy that did it for free I would be in favor of it. As we don't, I am not.
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Are Chuck Norris comments appropo??.. or is he just another one feeding the fires of hysteria and hate that seem to be happening often lately.. this bill has been misinterpreted so many times by so many people.. they take one little part and just run with a hysterical response.
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't get your references to Chuck Norris so I don't know.
  13. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The costs have been talked about in other threads. If you want, open a new thread about costs. This thread is about the Chuck Norris deception. If you don't understand the Chuck Norris reference, please go back and actually read the original post.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Ah, I see it was actually written by Chuck Norris. I thought Darryl was just trying to be smart.

The thread started out about the item in the bill. The "deception" was referenced later. This thread isn't ABOUT the deception.

Is it deception ? It appears to be. Which is unfortunate as this is a big fail for me even stated correctly. It's no more deceptive than much stuff from the other side. I don't think either side is being particularly honest right now.
  15. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

are the libbie bobble-heads claiming that obama does not practice deception???

LMFAO..........classic
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

Jeanne Garafool & Jon Stewart are also a wealth of knowledge...............................................:singing:
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

I agree, but the lies coming from the right are becoming more and more unbearable... unfortunately the lies are feeding the hysteria..
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

but the left doesn't lie........because, well........its the left

LMAO
  19. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

OK, now that was just plain stupid. The thread was about Chuck Norris's column. He fraudently left out the word "voluntary" to suit his purposes, ie make the bill look bad, and Harry was passing it along. By default, this thread became about this DECEPTION, becuase the topic of the thread was based on a deception, the so called "dirty secret" about "the government's coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development" (Harry's interpretation).

Please don't compare the left and the right. The tactics of the right is entirely about sabotaging this bill by telling obscene lies and creating hysteria to make the merits of the bill impossible to discusss in a civil matter.

Government sponsored euthanasia? Oh, please!! Whoever came up with that is a fraud. Whoever believed it are idiots.
  20. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hey tanked, if you don't have anything of substance to add to this thread, please shut up and go finish your beer.