Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama, getting more dirty foriegn money!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Aug 22, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_nigeria_fundraiser/2008/08/21/124060.html

LAGOS - Nigeria's anti-corruption police were questioning the head of the stock exchange after she organised a gala dinner in support of Barack Obama's U.S. presidential campaign which raised hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke, chairwoman of the "Africans for Obama" campaign group, organised the fundraising dinner in the commercial capital Lagos on August 11. A "platinum" ticket for a table of eight cost 2.5 million naira ($21,226).

In a letter to Nigeria's The Punch newspaper, the Obama campaign in the United States said it was in no way affiliated with "Africans for Obama" or with the gala dinner and said it would not accept any funds from the group.

It is illegal under U.S. law for foreign campaign groups to donate funds to political parties in the United States.

"We're trying to establish who is the beneficiary of the funds raised at the dinner," said Femi Babafemi, spokesman for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

"We learned that quite some hundreds of millions of naira were raised," he said.

Okereke-Onyiuke said in a full-page statement in Nigeria's The Guardian newspaper on Thursday that the Aug. 11 dinner had never been intended to raise funds or solicit donations for the Obama campaign.

At first I thought that it was just another Nigerian scam using Obama's name to make money. And stupidly, I took Obama's campaigns word that it had nothing to do with it. Of course, this is a lie, here it is advertised on his website:

http://pa.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/4gbpm
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

I'm sure K Olbermann will get right on this story. :)
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

What exactly is the point here? It's obviously a Nigerian scam, since Obama couldn't get the money and wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How do you explain the website page? I don't get it. Clearly his people know this is illegal. Is there a delay in deleting it from the site or something? Even a rookie like Obama knows this can't happen.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

He couldn't get the money??

Of course he could he has already had to return tens of thousands in illegal foreign contributions from multiple sources. One wonders how he would manage the government since he can't manage his own campaign. I wonder if he wasted this much money when he was in the Annenberg project, oh wait the records have been sealed so we can't see how the tens (hundreds?) of million were spent there.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

You mean like the Palestinian money that the donors say was never returned?
  7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Our moderator is lost again , lost in comprehension , i read this information , like 4 days ago , and i LOLed.

I see that the GOP had shifted gears , now they will try every trick possible to put the Dems in dirt. You will see what the GOP is capable of in the next few months ,hey if they could wage wars against weak countries without any impunities, they can doctorate ,they can twist infos , they can do anything to slow their opponents.

Are you still surprised ? Make sure to have your popcorn bowl ready and watch the efficient GOPs' work .

Mccain is your new president by the way . :D

By the way , this is the full story:
    http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808193131673
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008