Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama courts 4 "evangelical" leaders to push immigration reform

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/19/us/politics/19evangelicals.html?_r=2

“I am a Christian and I am a conservative and I am a Republican, in that order,” said Matthew D. Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, a conservative religious law firm. “There is very little I agree with regarding President Barack Obama. On the other hand, I’m not going to let politicized rhetoric or party affiliation trump my values, and if he’s right on this issue, I will support him on this issue.”

When President Obama gave a major address pushing immigration overhaul this month, he was introduced by a prominent evangelical, the Rev. Bill Hybels of Willow Creek Community Church in Illinois.

<skip>

“Hispanics are religious, family-oriented, pro-life, entrepreneurial,” said the Rev. Richard D. Land, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, the Southern Baptist Convention’s public policy arm. “They are hard-wired social conservatives, unless they’re driven away.

read more
  2. DisgruntledTunaFan

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Barack Hussein Obama:
    Left Wing Phony kissing the Christians a$s when he needs them for his sh!t.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +501 / 6 / -2

Churches love illegals because they're mainly poor, highly religous, and fill the pews (donations) that the more current american generations are abandoning. As always, follow the money.
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Interesting that he's appealing to the arm of the Southern Baptist Convention.
  6. DisgruntledTunaFan

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Bill Clinton and CFR agent Rick Warren are SBC members - that right there says ALOT. BTW - of course, so is Billy Graham, and look at all the damage he's done in his career...

YouTube - Billy Graham: Forerunner to Antichrist - PT1

The SBC is nothing but a front for the mafia - there was never anything "conservative" about it.

If anything, all illegal immigration reform will do is lead us straight into the North American Union, why? Because that would be "the best solution" the masses in this country would end up begging for to "straighten this mess by breaking down our borders". Ultimately, it was all pre-planned by design. Richard Land(mentioned in the OP) is also a CFR member which group is pushing for the NAU.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Jessie Jackoff was Clintons spiritual advisor, they used to watch football and pray together..........