Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama confidant’s spine-chilling proposal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jan 21, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Cass Sunstein is the head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. He is a very scary Fascist. There was a conversation here recently about SOPA, thankfully the politicians have backed away and will be redoing that monstrosity.

Here are a couple of articles om this creep and how he would use SOPA to limit political speech.

Obama confidant's spine-chilling proposal - Cass Sunstein - Salon.com

So for example people could be banned from challenging the government sponsored notion of Man Made Global Warming:

Regulatory Czar wants to use copyright protection mechanisms to shut down rumors and conspiracy theories | Watts Up With That?

So to post an anti government opinion you would have the bear the expense of defending yourself in court.

Bye Bye first amendment if you hold what the GOVERNMENT decides is an 'extreme' position. What is even more chilling is that this person is on Obama's list to become a USSC Justice.

The horrible prospect of Supreme Court Justice Cass Sunstein - Salon.com

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Wait until you see what happens in this country if this clown is re-elected.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obama is far and away the president who has, far above and beyond all other presidents, blatently disregarded the Constitution and our Constitutional rights while trying to impose his agenda on the country. He would do very well as an old Eastern European komissar. But not so well in a country that actually values individual freedomsm and liberties.

Don't turn around (uh oh)
    Der kommissar's in the White House (uh oh)
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I find it hard to understand how the people who are always yelling about freedom the constitution civil liberties and our personal rights can actually support this little wannabe dictator.
  5. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cass must be doing something right as he has the right wingers bent out of shape.

I have never heard of the guy.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Salon is a left wing website try again sheeple.
  7. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where did I mention salon.com? I commented on you, wolfie and harry having political hard penis' over a guy no one has ever heard of.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

So you are OK with an Obama confidant and potential USSC appointee gutting thr First Amendment OK got it.
  9. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is their any proof that Obama is going to nominate him to the the Supreme Court? All I see is speculation from journalists.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Which is usually the result of trial balloons floated to start the vetting process....
    Here's one from Mother Jones, hardly a right wing site...

Obama Probably Won't Nominate Cass Sunstein to Replace Stevens | Mother Jones

His views on animal rights are somewhat scary....
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Planting pro-administration posters online? Waste of money and not the role of government but hardly fascism.

Preventing people from expressing anti-government views? Fascism, and obviously unconstitutional.

I wonder if 13, wolfie and harry would have given any credence to Greenwald's claims re Bush in this same article back during his administration...
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Have no idea, I denounced it when it was revealed they were paying people to flak for them. It is far more scary when a administration who is a potential USSC nominee believes in gutting the First Amendment.
  13. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, just to review...

outrage over un-Constitutional, fascist legislation under Bush:

"Why do you hate America? Move to France!"

outrage over un-Constitutional, fascist legislation under Obama:

"On noes!! We're being sent to teh Gulags!"

I tell ya... nothing is funnier than - 4 years later - listening to right wingers pretend it's the leftists who are the fascists. Great, great stuff.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

What I take from this is that during the Bush adminstration all of Bush's confidants were people of the same mindset, see the architects of the invasion of Iraq; Perle, Wolfowitz, Feith, Cheney, Rumsfield etc.

When you make a decision it is best to have the input of a lot of different ideas, decisions made solely with like minded people seldom produce very good results. Anyone who has been involved with processes of both models can clearly understand the difference and the outcome.
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

There are always different points of view floating around. Nixon certainly infiltrated liberal groups and Bush passed the abusive Patriot Act. While we have to be on guard, I think a bigger worry is the effort by the right wing to disenfranchise more people and minorities who don't have photo ID. That's a thread to the fundamental nature of our democracy. Certainly far more dangerous than some beliefs the guy holds that have little or nothing to do with his position. But, nonetheless, it's good his ideas are getting attention so they can be adequately vetted. Obviously, the FBI and other government groups are already infiltrating chat rooms in order to after terrorists and pedophiles, but I don't know if they engage in disinformation campaigns.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

So where are people being prevented from getting a photo ID?

What facts do you have on the number of people without photo id?

People need to show ID to get medicaid cards for their free drugs. Why not show ID to vote?

Why are you OK with legitimate voters having their votes devalued by cheaters?

Phony issue for people supporting voter fraud so they can steal elections.
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

The granny state right loves it regulations on one hand, based on hypothetical situations.. but hates it when regulations are imposed upon them and yell and scream big goverment. The duplicity of the right is obvious..

Their efforts to perpetuate the status quo are noticed..
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

People aren't often highly motivated to vote and often it's not convenient to get photo ID, so it obviously gives the advantage to those who have photo ID anyone. I do not know if you need photo ID to get medicaid cards.

Do you have examples of hordes of illegals committing felonies to vote? I think that's is absurd. It's hard enough to get citizens to register and vote. I have nothing against requiring people to have ID, but photo ID often isn't free, the offices where you get it are usually not conveniently located, and many people who are poor have disabilities making it difficult for them to get around.

But, again, post a bunch of links with examples of fraud, and your case will only get stronger. Right now, since I have not seen those links, I'm convinced this is a racist plot to disenfranchise people, and I don't understand why you would want to be party to that, unless winning is everything.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah getting that photo ID once every 8 years is such an inconvenience! :rolleyes: Not to mention that I would bet 99+% of American adults already have a government issued photo ID of some sort. Needless to say, a generic photo ID should be provided free of charge to anyone who wants one for the purposes of voting (if that person doesn't have a driver's license, military ID or passport, all of which would also be acceptable forms of identification).

Liberals aren't fooling anyone here. They oppose photo ID laws because it would lessen their abilities to cheat and commit voter fraud. If you want the right to select the leaders of this country that we all have to live with, you should have the responsibility to do the bare minimum to ensure the system is fair.
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

And you'd lose that bet.

Voter ID | Brennan Center for Justice

“Citizens Without Proof” Stands Strong | Brennan Center for Justice

Should be does not equal is.

Here's a state by state run down of cost.

How much do state ID cards cost? - DMV Answers