Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama campaigning with New Black Panthers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, it isn't. You're known by the company you keep in very many ways. You think people would care if a republican presided at a Klan rally?
    That podium setup sure doesn't look like any McDonald's I've ever been to. And the only microphones I've ever seen at a fast food restaurant are the ones at BK and Bojangles that the cashiers speak into to order your food.
    Sorry, but the president of the United States (or a man campaigning for that position) spending time with one of the most hateful, racist groups in the country is an issue.

I'm not saying these pictures are an accurate representation of how they are described or that they are unaltered. But if they are, it's a genuine concern and a real issue.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

We are Americans, it's what we do, we elect a President and then we beat the sh!t out of him.

No President has ever taken the vile filthy rotten sh!t that was handed out to GW Bush DAILY, they even camped out in front of his ranch.

NOW IT'S PRESIDENT JUG EARS TURN.

3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who's "we?" You guys still pleasure yourselves over Ron Reagan.

Earned. Deregulation from oversight for elites and conjuring up fraudulent war premises tend to do that.

Perhaps. But your hero still left him a sh** sandwich to mitigate.

4. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, two wrongs make a right???

Do unto others, as you would do unto yourself Harry! Just cause others are murdering or raping doesn't mean you have to too, or just cause everyone else jumps off a bridge doesn't mean you have too either.....:bricks:

Even thou I can't stand GB Jr/Sr and have zero respect for them and the company they keep, I would never treat them with such disrespect, others might but they are human(be it not very good ones) they still deserve to be treated as such.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  5. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

attention whore

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

The New Black Panthers are no different than the Tea Party. Remember the list of about 30 apologies I posted by Tea Partiers whose racism was caught on tape, in email, etc.? That said, leave it to the racist right wing to condemn a unity march honoring a march for civil rights 42 years earlier that was broken up by racists (per DarrylS's link). This is simply more fodder for those who believe the Tea Party is racist. Isn't it interesting that Breitbart all but ignores the fact that Bill and Hillary Clinton were there. Breitbart is a racist who recently seemed to suggest that the right wing consider violence, when he declared, "We have the guns."

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 8 / -13

THis particular hate group is new on the scene of course their rhetoric is as racist and hateful as anything out there. Rtying to make a quantitative analysis pf who is worse is pathetic.

Respectable politicians shouldn't be appearing at the same events with the leader of a hate group.

People defending this are exhibits of why people don't take the race card seriously when the left plays it these days.

:singing:;)

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Patsfan, I think we feel the same way about the Tea Party, and I at least provided about 30 links in another thread listing apologies by Tea Party members and Republicans for racist remarks. Why are you so quick to condemn a very minor group that doesn't even have the support of the original Black Pantherst, yet so slow to condemn that myriad of racist remarks (including Perry's lodge name) by the Tea Party? Why the double standard? People defending the Tea party are exhibits why people don't take it seriously when the right (~95% white) claims it is not racist.

9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +243 / 8 / -13

Obama has a pattern of hanging out with racist like Farrakhan, Wright and now the NBP and Mr Zulu, it is outrageous for a person who purports to be president to associate with virulent racist.

The attempts by libs to give a pass to this and spin it show the bankruptcy of their cynical use of the race card to stop debate.

The NBP is an offshoot of course of the Nation if Islam.

As to the Perry the debate was how quickly this rock was repainted and then turned over. Perry claimed it was promptly, others saw it was later bout don't specify when the rock was painted over. All agree that the name was painted prior to the Perry family having anything to do with the property.

If the Perry family had painted the name there that would be horrible (noting that it was family and not Perry who had leased the property) if they lets the name there for years and Perry frequented the place then it would identify him as someone who should not be President. If the rock were repainted in a short period after they became involved in leasing this tract then they behaved correctly and it speaks favorably of him.

I don't know how it will be documented when Perry's family painted over the offensive sign.

Of course Obama is the President and he associated with racist well into 2008 when his racist friends became a liability.

Do you consider appearing at an event with members of a hate group to be acceptable? An honest yes or no answer will do.

10. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

rhetoric versus actions -- big difference, 13

What's pathetic is your minimizing the evil performed by the KKK over so many decades. Do you not understand just how many lives the KKK ruined, or is your partisan agenda -- on a football message board, no less -- just so much more important to you that you ignore their evil?

eh, just par for the course for you. If they're righties, it's all OK. You probably think that the civil rights movement was unwarranted "playing of the race card," and the KKK was just a bunch of nice, god-fearing men who liked to dress up in robes and funny hats.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +243 / 8 / -13

OK How many church and murders have been committed by the KKK in the same period the last 15 years. Specifics please.

Do you think it acceptable for a presidential candidate to attemd an event with the leader of a hate group?

A yes or no answer will be fine.

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

The Republican candidates have a pattern of hiring staff, supporting representative, going on talk shows, etc. with white racists, people who say things like blacks are lazy, compare Michelle Obama to a gorilla, send out racist jokes, and so on. Romney was active a church that was blatantly racist until 1978; Rick Perry not only stacked the deck to execute an innocent man, his lodge had a racist name that he did nothing about; they regularly kowtow to the racist and homophobic Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. Yes, from your perspective any militant black is evil and any militant white is okay. Obama had no connection with the NBP, except along with the Clintons and others they commemorated the march on Selma. I don't know what Obama's connection with Farrakhan is; certainly, Obama support for Israel does not indicate that he shares the anti-Zionist sentiments of either Farrakhan or Wright. But, then again, they are all minorities, and maybe that's enough for some people. In my opinion, the Tea Party is blatantly more racist than Wright or Farrakhan. After all, the Tea Party libertarians want to legalize the right of businesses to discriminate based on race. Exactly what is it that the Farrakhan and Wright want to do to the white man?

13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

I see -- so their much decreased role in America today wipes out their history?

You owe me answers to my questions -- I asked first.

----------

Keep trying to minimize the evil performed by the KKK, btw. It is enlightening.

14. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

I think the Tea Party is a hate group, and I don't think it's acceptable for Republican leaders to attend their events, but it is acceptable when a broad range of people attend something that honors an important event, such as the march on Selma. Out of curiosity, would you oppose a Republican who attended an event celebrating the Confederacy?

15. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

OT: Are you referring to Willingham? if so, he was white. That case doesn't show racism, it just shows something ranging from poor judgment to utter corruption to pure evil.

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

I thought he might be, and I should have checked, but it still shows what kind of people those Tea Partiers are.

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +243 / 8 / -13

Of course not, but this thread you are attempting to hijack is about a presidential candidate appearing at a event with the leader of a hate group.

You don't have the guts apparently to address the issue. If you want to have a thread about a presidential candidate appearing at a rally with the head of the KKK then I will be happy to condemn the KKK there also.

See the KKK is a despicable hate group as is the NBP group, that is why I equate the two.You are the one trying to say that they aren't a hate group because they haven't been around as long.

Have some guts and address presidential candidate appearing with the leaders of a hate group and what you think of that?

My guess is that you will try to deflect and won't have the guts to address this issue libs the other libs here.

18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pretty sad the way you can't answer even the simplest of questions.

Do you think it is ok for a president (or presidential candidate) to attend an event with the leader or a hate group? Or is it something that's ok for democrats, not ok for republicans?

19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +243 / 8 / -13

No guts, Patters you are losing your ability to play the race card with your hypocritical double standard.

If a candidate appears at a event with the leader of a hate group they shouldn't be president.

Sorry this isn't the standard for you.

20. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Obviously, it's acceptable for political leaders to attend an event honoring an important point in history. For instance, celebrations about our defeat of the Nazis were attended by Communists, Republicans, Democrats, etc. and that was fine. The Selmba event was attended by people of all stripes, and that's fine too. But, would it be acceptable for Obama to attend an event hosted specifically by a hate group, such as the NBP. No. Would it be acceptable for a Republican candidate to attend an event hosted specifically by a hate group, such as the Tea Party. No.