Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama camp freezes out goofyazz Fox News

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Feb 1, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Obama's Grudge Factor

[​IMG]

These are chilly days on Capitol Hill ... and on the campaign trail for Fox News journalists -- at least when they're anywhere near Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

Sources tell The Sleuth that the Obama camp has "frozen out" Fox News reporters and producers in the wake of the network's major screw-up in running with the erroneous Obama-the-jihadist story reported by Insight magazine.

"I'm still in the freezer," one Fox journalist said, noting that the people at Fox "suffering the most did nothing wrong." (It was "Fox and Friends" host Steve Doocy who aired the Insight magazine piece, which reported that operatives connected to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) found out that Obama, as a child, was educated at a Muslim madrassah in Indonesia.)

Another Fox journalist called the network's airing of the story "unfortunate" for the network's journalists who have to cover Obama and who are being adversely affected despite not being involved in the incident.

Since the madrassah incident, Obama has given interviews to ABC, CNN, CBS and NBC -- pretty much every other network except Fox. Sources close to Obama acknowledged that they're not thrilled to play ball with Fox journalists, but they stopped short of saying they are freezing the network out.

<snip>

No one is suggesting the icy conditions are permanent. In fact, a thawing of sorts may already have begun thanks to two telephone conversations Fox News Channel CEO Roger Ailes had with Obama.

Asked whether Ailes apologized to Obama, an Obama campaign aide said the senator "has not received any written apology."
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Question is: what are the Obamas going to do now about JoeBi??? Joe Biden's recent discourse on Obama is ... very interesting.
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

only to someone who hopes to make it something it's not... what comments are you referring to? the one that acknowledges a clean-cut, articulate African American candidate?...

anyhow, thanks for deflecting and distorting yet another thread that is unflattering to righty thought and their propaganda network.... speaks Britannica VOLUMES about your (in)ability to debate.... i wonder, do you all receive your Karl Rove handbook before being let loose on blogging sites?... good job!!

fact is, Fox is losing ground as people wake up to their embarrassing excuse for journalism... that's right: despite having the consolidated viewship of the right wing, Fox News is LOSING ground, ... rapidly... even though the other networks divide the remaining viewship amongst themselves... with each dumb report, debunked for all to see, by their main rival no less, FNC keeps sinking and sinking... sorry Rupert (Goebels)...
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

ONce again someone should take all the Dem frontrunners in the backroom, close the door and slap them all in the mouth and tell them to keep their mouths shut. They keep changing feet, what a bunch of morons.... points more and more to the need for a 3rd party.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha: Such vitriol, Press. Have you checked your blood pressure recently? I have a feeling it may not be so healthy.

All together now, total goose-step with Pressy: "You WILL see all things the way PressCoverage sees them.... You WILL see all of life EXACTLY the way PressCoverage sees it ... You will NOT question even ONE of his assumptions ... Pressy's concern is ONLY for YOUR benefit ... PressCoverage has absolutely NO AXE to grind.... Look at my hand.... follow the watch .... Thirsty, here, have a nice drink of Kool-aid.....

Etc, etc, etc.

Then: HURL-L-L-L

//
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Biden's a dope. Obama doesn't have to anything, but sit and wait as Biden implodes.

As far as Obama freezing out Fox, good for him. Some say, he'll have to let Fox News back into the fold if he hopes to reach their audience, but I'm not so sure of that. Fox needs Obama and needs to be at least marginally fair and balanced if it wants credibility even with its own base.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

All the republicans have to do now is "sit back" and watch these a$s hole democrats destroy each other, they are circus clowns.

Obama and Fox:
    Obama is like many democrats Kennedy/Pelosi/Clintons/etc they won't go near Fox because Fox scares the sh!t out of them, Fox will ask them the things the people want to know, Fox will ask them the "hard questions",. FOX WON'T KISS THEIR A$S, thats why Fox leads the Ratings Polls week after week.

By refusing to talk to Fox Obama has just shown the people "He HAS NO BALLS", O'Reilly would make a fool out of him.

Al Sharpton
    I can't stand him but he goes on the O'Reilly show at least twice a year and goes toe to toe with O'Reilly, Sharpton would probably make a better president than Obama. If Obama is afraid of Fox News how the hell would he handle the Muslim Terrorists.

Sharpton said in the news this morning, "tell Biden I take a bath every day".

Biden is all done, a first class jerk, the Democratic Party is full of them now, the old time Democrat is long gone, the new democrats will put another republican in the White House in 2008.
    :bricks:
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Harry, are you aware of why Obama is avoiding Fox? Fox talk shows picked up a bogus story from an unreliable website about him having attended an Islamic extremist school as a boy. CNN, ABC, and others investigated and even visited the school, and found it was an ordinary government school with both girls and boys, and classes in both Christianity and Islam. In other words, Fox used a very unreliable source to smear Obama. He's not going to kiss their a-s-s-e-s you seem to want him to do. Eventually, I'm sure he'll allow them back into the fold, but he's try to pressure them to practice fair and balanced journalism, something that Fox does not do.
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

A few comments :

- That's very mature. Sort of like my kids. You were mean to me so I'm not going to talk to you anymore. Ha ha ha.

- He would enhance his chances of winning by being seen by Republicans. If he's the nominee, he already has the (D)'s votes.

- Fox is more to the center than MSNBC is. I watch both and MSNBC is far more partisan.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, Biden's a fruitcake, no doubt. I see him and I see a guy under a little hat with propellers on top. :woohoo:

BUT, he *does* have a platform, due to his relative seniority in the Dem party, and so he does have people who listen to him. That's just the way it works.

Personally, I think his comments only hurt him (Biden), not Osama ... I mean, Obama. ;)

Anyway, O-ma is not going to get the nomination this time; it's going to be Hillary. Remember: she did Whitewater. She's know where the bodies are buried.

//
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

Then Obama should DEMAND to go on Fox News and and defend himself to the "Trillions" of people that watch Fox News, where could he get a better platform to tell the world that Fox News picked up the "Bogus Story"

He is no doubt hiding something else and he is probably afraid Fox will smack him right in the face with all the things he doesn't want to talk about.

Obama is better off letting Cute Perky Katie interview him, she will flutter her eyelids and ask him all about the little fuzzy wuzzy things that go on in his life
    "do you have a dog Mr Baraka, tee hee" "if you are elected president Mr Barakoo will you give free dental care to the wino's", I would like to see Ann Coulter interview him, the first thing she would ask him about is his f-cking ears. :singing: :singing:

Biden is all done, Obooma is next, he can't handle the tough guys at Fox, he's scared of them.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Very dumb on his part if this is what he's doing. Fox is the #1 cable news outlet. Why would a green candidate with an outside chance want to alienate millions and millions of viewers? Kinda dumb. He needs to be careful. Something to keep an eye on is his toughness. Maybe it's nothing, but he seemed to get hissy over his ears (public perception by some anyhow), and now he's hissy over a media report he didn't like. If this guys skin is this thin, then he shouldn't be running.
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You are, among all on this board, MOST WELCOMED, Press!!

:D

I ALWAYS aim to please, and usually succeed. You are living proof.

Hasta....
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Dang, no channel or news outlet has ever done that before, have they?

I never saw the story when it was reported, but it was obviously a crappy job of journalism. The problem is, what channel does a good job of journalism these days? There are so many slants and half turths in the news today it's hard for me to name one who's exempilary.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I assume it's a temporary move, but at the same time, I do think people should stand up to the media. It's an aspect of leadership. Fox has made numerous "mistakes" with regard to Obama, calling him Osama, running Osama ticker's while Obama spoke, claiming he went to a madrassa Islamic school, etc. He can't keep cow-towing to them. Hopefully, by freezing them out for a few days, they'll decide it's in their interest to be more fair.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

FOX is clearly conservative leaning, but they at least invite everyone onto their shows, and almost always have two sides of an arguement presented. I love that. It offers actual perspective. MSNBC, which I used to watch all the time, has really moved to left/far left. They almost never have any right of center pundits on. Mattews is becoming Odorman. It's too bad too, cuz I really like Hardball. The problem is, besides the loon Buchanon, he has all lefty critics. It's becoming tougher to take seriously. After the SOTU address, he had all dems on his show. Matthews, Odorman, and a complete list of democratic pundits. What's awful in thsi country is even the news outlets are becoming more and more partisan. With so many morons in this country who resort to the news for their information, the country as a whole is suffering.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Two instances, one of which was also done by Ted Kennedy. Done purposely? Well that's quite possible. Gosh I hope not, but it is likely. Afterall, we've had Rathergate, and the Cheney X as obvious acts of intended defamation. So for someone to deny the possibility that the gaffes were intentional would be irresponsible. My issue here, is the guy is very green, needs all the coverage he can get, and could be giving fuel to his critics who could very easily shape him as a little baby. I'm not saying he is one, but he needs to be very careful. Personally, I think he just made a political mistake. If he gets hissy over one more incident, then I can guarantee you toughness will be an issue. Quite honestly, it should be.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

HE SHOULD GO ON FOX NEWS TODAY AND "FIGHT" IF HE IS RIGHT HE WOULD BE AN OVERNIGHT HERO, I THINK HE IS AFRAID OF THEM JUST LIKE KENNEDY/CLINTONS THEY WON'T GO NEAR FOX, IF OBAMA WENT ON ON FOX TO DO BATTLE WITH THEM EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD WOULD BE WATCHING.

HE IS AFRAID, OR MAYBE HE KNOWS THEY HAVE QUESTIONS READY THAT HE DOESN'T WANT TO ANSWER.

THE DAYS OF FRIENDLY CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS ARE ALL OVER THE LEFT WING DEMOCRATS NOW HAVE TO FACE UP TO THE INTERNET, CABLE, TALK RADIO AND THE BLOGGERS.
    PRAISE JESUS
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Democracy has finally come to the fifth estate (the media). Halleluja!!! Praise God!! Allahu akbar!! (is it ok to say that here??) :)

//
  20. Commander Shears

Commander Shears Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

1. It was reported by more than one Fox News personality - Fox & Friends' Steve Doocy and Sean Hannity.

2. It was patently and easily proven false, not a matter of opinion, lazy journalism or 'being mean' as some on here have suggested.

3. Fox News did not admit this mistake, they merely admitted that Obama denied it. Not even remotely the same thing.

Here is Doocy's response:
    'One other thing. We want to clarify something: On Friday of last week, we did the story from Insight magazine where we talked about how they were quoting that Barack Obama, when he was a child growing up in Indonesia, had attended a madrassa. Well, Mr. Obama's people called and they said that that is absolutely false. They said the idea that Barack Obama went to a radical Muslim school is completely ridiculous. In his book it does say that he went to a mostly Muslim school but not to a madrassa.'

Not, 'it is false', but 'they said that is...false'.

Fox News anchor John Gibson, rather than issue a retraction, said that John Vause, the CNN reporter who blew up their report, "probably went to the very [same] madrassa."

Days after this story has been authoritatively proven false by a third party, Sean Hannity still not only has it on his website, but he continues to credit the bogus report to Hillary Clinton's camp. A two-fer in partisan un-American smear tactics.

To excuse this says infinitely more about the biases and cynicism of yourself than it does about anyone else. If it does not bother you that support for a presidential candidate will diminish due to purposeful spreading of lies, then simply put, you do not believe in democracy. Your opinion on this should have zero relation to your political beliefs. The subject-changing and pathetic excuse-making found in this thread are disgraceful.