Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Calls For Civilian Component to Pentagon

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

From AP:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TARY?SITE=TXKER&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

This article has more about it: Obama Calls for Pentagon “Civilian Component”
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Where Did The Bush Hating War Protesters Go

Obama Is Making Bush Look Good
    Obama Must Agree With Bush On Afghanistan And Iraq, we're still there.

Obama Is Making Bush Look Good
    Obama Must Agree With Bush On Gitmo, it's still open for business.

:confused::confused:
  3. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why even have a military anymore? I can't think of many military jobs that aren't already contracted out at least on a small scale. It's pathetic.
    We have a military trained to do virtually anything, we pay to train the soldiers, then we pay to send them overseas, and then we pay contracters 10 times more to do the same job. What, The, Fudgecicle.
  4. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

They're busy packing for Afghanistan:singing:
  5. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I remember he was calling for this during his campaign (or maybe it was after the election), but he's apparently bringing it up again so:cool:

JMO but it sounds like if he wants civilians to replace the military in certain areas then those displaced military are probably going to enter a combat role.

But doesn't KBR have most of the construction already? Owell, either way I guess we'll all be living to serve the state. :eek:
  6. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

KBR costs billions of dollars and does crappy work (as do all contracters). Plus what do you tell all of these military engineers and such? Hey, thanks for joining, but your job is now obsolete. What? All the billions of dollars in military equipment for these jobs? Well those will sit and gather dust as we pay billions more for new equipment for civilians to operate at an exorbenant cost.

FML Obama, aren't we spending enough money already on pointless things?
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

Particularly on the military with all of its "legacy costs"... the military has become too expensive, and it will never change because the lines are blurred between the military contractors, its lobbyists and congress.. every congressman wants a military contract for their distict, no one cares if it is a good idea or not or even makes any sense.. just give them the money. The R & D fraud is rampant.. the military contractors do whatever they feel like. The military industrial complex is the biggest rip off in this country, and no one says anything because they do not want to piss anyone off..
  8. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So what will this so-called "civilian component" add to that? Sorry but if i'm going to be enslaved then they'd better pay me well for it. Or maybe they'll just rent us out like China's doing, except China only wants white slaves. Golly what to do? Should I lease myself out to China, or give art classes in Afghanistan? And I agree, the military HAS gotten out of hand, but this draconian idea of his isn't going to help that situation any.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

Did not advocate for it, I advocate for stopping all of the waste in the military.. stopping all wars.. and stop all the excesses that exist for those in the O class.. the time has come to rethink all the crap about how lucky we are to have them.. so we have to give them more..

Have had a relationship with the military most all of my life, have never seen a more wasteful organization.. it will not change because the lines are blurred between the military, its lobbyists and congress...

The R & D is completely out of control, cost overruns and the rampant fraud by its contractors.. need to do something completely different..
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

Military personnel tend to be conservative, civilian government workers join unions that give large amounts of $$$$ to dems and tend to be leftist.
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

How much $$$$ do defense contractors give to repubs?
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

Less than BP gave to bammy????
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

You can't believe that.