Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama building a church in Camp David???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jun 29, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

White House denies report that Obama chose Camp David church - USATODAY.com

I wonder who his pastor is???? Michell or Clinton????

2. mack207

mack207 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is impressive even for you. You cite a source that says that the White House is denying that he's chosen a (already built) church at Camp David. Amazing detective skills/deductive reasoning Nancy Drew! What's the next case you plan on solving?

3. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The article made a great point about the spectacle that worshiping in DC had brought when he worshiped there...worshiping in private makes sense for the GENERAL PUBLIC as it does for HIM.

Heaven forbid he actually do something that DOES NOT upset the general public for once :rolleyes:

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Remember how Billy Blue Dress handled the sunday church thing, Billy went to church every sunday carrying his little bible and biting his lip to look "cute" for the camera's then after the sermon a secret service agent would wake him up, he would walk out and shake hands with the pastor making sure the camera's saw his bible then he would grin (democrats love to grin) bite his lip and head back to the Oval Office where he would get a quick blow job from Monica (on the sabbath)

After dinner on sunday evenings Blue Dress would watch TV with his own personal "Spiritual Advisor" The Reverend Jessie Jackoff they prayed together and talked about sex.

Prince Barack Hussein Obama should have his own personal spiritual advisor like Blue Dress did, he should have his old friend Uncle Jeremiah Wright, Jeremiah could put on some coveralls and a baseball hat on backwards then get him clearance telling the media he was a janitor, Prince Barack & Uncle Jeremiah could pray together.

GOD DAMN AMERICA

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

It's a big problem for him ... it's a good choice really as any public church will have to spend money and have little privacy if he worships there. Our President gets picked on ... they all do. I liken it to a captivity of sorts. You really sacrifice your life when you take that job. Things we take for granted he can't even think about ... going to the mall, a sporting event, church, walk around the block, going for ice cream. anyways ... good choice as he doesn't want to be the show at a church ... that's God's house and he is the show there ... or she ... whatever.

6. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's life in a bubble under the eyes of the world and it's been criticized constantly for decades but what makes this different is he's being rammed into the ground because he actually thought about the other parishioners of the church and actually thinking that maybe it is best that he NOT bring the spectacle to them and let them worship in peace without the gawking and onlookers butting in while they come to just pray...

I don't like the guy or his politics but I think he's doing the right thing for the right reasons...and doesn't deserve the backlash for once.

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The "rock star" treatment continues.

Anybody ever see "Soylent Green"????

//

8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 16 / -9

Yeah you guys just gave your president a complete pass, after he decided to use a facility for the purpose it's always served. Just like a rock star.

I remember this rock star came to my town and had the nerve to play a concert in a concert hall. Now I'm sure that's been done before, but since I didn't like this rock star, I bet he only got away with playing a concert in a concert hall because he's a rock star. But nooooo, his fans couldn't see just how bad it was for him to play a concert in a concert halll.... they were blind to his actions...

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

WTF are you talking about, he seeks privacy in worship and it is rock star behavior????.. do you ever read anything or just have a knee jerk reaction...

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Rock star is what rock star does.

End of story.

//

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

That just about says it all, cannot explain your point so say something more stupid, stupid is as stupid does...

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you had been willing to answer my questions of you, we might have gone further. Your loss.

//

13. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Every previous president went to 'public' churchs. Obama has to be 'different'.

14. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obama's different! Lock him up already, we can't have any of that!!! Now I begin to understand you a little bit.

15. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Let me get this straight. Obama didn't mind to go out and have ice cream with his families while the media is taking the pictures but He doesn't feel comfortable to worship in a public church.

Are you sure that he is 'christian'?

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

I always thought that worship was a thing between a person and god, not a person and the media.. maybe I am wrong, but just my view.

17. mack207

mack207 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You think that there's no difference between getting ice cream and attending church and you think that different people are scary. We're really learning a lot about you today!

By the way, other presidents (including W!) have chosen this exact church to worship at.

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Obama Believes In God And He Prays This Is Against Everything The Left Wing Ding Dongs Stand For.

HOLY CRAP

19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

You got that one right ... this is so not a story ... manufactured b!tching is what it is.

20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 16 / -9

By the way, I for one don't give a good goddamn if Obama's Christian. Why the hell would I? Why would anybody?