Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama beats Clinton, Bushes, through this phase

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jun 20, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 6 / -9

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

If you read this forum one might ascertain that he just a little below whale shyt or Dick Nixon whichever is lower.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Well it depends now doesn't it?

As opposed to a month ago, Currently Obama's disapprovals are at their highest point ever among likely voters. 32% strongly approve, 34% strongly disapprove, his overall # is 53% approve, 46% disapprove.

Rasmussen Reports: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

I can't wait for a year from now when you are citing polls from 2/2009 :singing:
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You mean like when unemployment has long since peaked and dropped back down again? Yeah, I think you're in for a big let down.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Americans like obama (don't know why) but his policies are getting less favorable. His popularity will start to wane. Why is he more popular than Clinton or the Bushes ? Because Americans WANT to like him and they aren't ready to give up on the hope just yet.

Regarding unumployment, it may welll be down around the midterms because this guy has held back almost all the spending on temporary jobs until 2010.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

I don't wish unemployment on anyone. I do know that these policies will fail, because they aren't economically sound and always fail. I agree with BF that the push will be on to create a 'recovery' for the midterms. I also think there willbe a double dip recession the second part will be worse.

We already see that the projections of the Obama team have been woefully wrong. This will continue.
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You don't know why? Watch him, listen to him. If you look at him with an unbiased eye (and I mean political bias here), he comes of as really personable; he's likable, he's funny, he's witty, and he's a young, vibrant face and family in a position generally reserved for older, stodgier personalities. Look at a couple recent examples, the thing with the fly (which he was funny in), and the thing with signing the absent note for the girl at one of his speeches. He's got that "it" that all politicians would like but few have. Add to that his skills at giving a speech, and its obvious why people like him despite not agreeing with him as much on a policy level.

edit: Also, what happened to PFinVa? Have the mountain of harsh right wing threads messed with your sanity a little? I want the old PF back, we've already got a Harry Boy!
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

obamas approval ratings in 6/2009 are equal to the approval ratings of dubya in 6/2001

really nothing to brag about
  9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

he's a pompous piece of crap
  10. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You may think that, and it may be true, but I feel like most Americans don't see him that way. Also, despite what went on from the left in the Bush years I think we should raise the level of discussion and refrain from using terms like "piece of crap" to describe our President. Just a personal thing though.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

You're right BF...I like Obama but I'm baffled by his talk about starting so many programs and increases in taxes when the economy is in a quagmire.

Also, he needs to speak up more on what's going on in Iran. I hope he's not holding back so that other middle eastern nations won't get upset with him. Who cares what they think?
  12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

We aren't going to see unemployment DROP anytime soon. Certainly not in 2010.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I would like to think the Americans are smart enough to see through the eloquence and the "don't blame me" crap. Like PR, he's smart enough. Maybe he's an exception.
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +391 / 6 / -9

Combo pack. He came on the scene when a battery of old arguments were just mired in the muck of ideological polarization. In addition, the ones that weren't mired in the muck, had lurched into disaster through far right, ideologically "pure" positions.

Who was trying to sell deregulation in Fall of 08? Nobody. That was the Republican religion up until then. It had failed. We all knew it.

But a couple things he does:

1) The old "with malice toward none" routine. Although I see that our locals here quote one fringie scribbler as "proof" that the left is more hateful (?!?), the reality is, the left, or to properly describe Obama, the center, is no such thing. We're all tired of bitterness.

2) He invites anybody to the dialog, very publicly, and he does not dismiss their arguments out of hand. You might be a tad out of touch if you believe he's going to fund your next tea party or something, but in the public eye, he exudes that graciousness.

3) At present he seems to embody the hopes of a previously unknown or minimally known voting group, the millenials. As they go through life the attitudes they started with will hit formative points. So far
    - 9/11
    - the 2008 downturn.

So who cares, right? Well, when I did reading about these peckerheads around 05-06, it turned out they were bigger savers than their moms and pops, and guess what they at least said they were saving for? A house. We know how they voted, though we don't know how they sorted out in terms of the economic system. Most likely those w/interest in class perpetuation -- the priviledged -- voted McCain or stayed home. Maybe not though.

4) He embodies a multiethnic mindset for a multiethnic country and a multiethnic world.

For many, this hew and cry about whether he was a Muslim during the campaign is that much more laughable today. Of course not. But is he a man a Muslim can more easily listen to? Of course. Not just because of his personal experiences... but you see how well he uses his personal experience in his work.

He's got a hard task, yet an easy one. His job is to bring us back from the single greated fustercluck of a presidency in history (by many lights; certainly top 10.)

America was handed to him shorn of vitality, a financial system, or respect in the world, and on the brink of too many crises to count. So that makes his job hard.

But what he's got to work with is a people very much ready to show it's not just a silver-spoon country club full of spoiled rich brats, and is capable of being a world citizen, not to mention earning our keep in terms of our role of innovation. So that makes his job very easy.

When you project where we'll be in '12, when the completion of the Republican self destruction is scheduled, you'll need to run against his record of progress.

But it'll be a record of coming back from the pit the robber-king dug us.

Yeah good luck lurching to the right to fix what ails ya'.

PFnV
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

Ya shoulda finished with, "Can I have an Allaluya and an Amen?!" Yes we can PFiVA...yes we can.

Well said my brother...I may not always agree with you, but you do have a way with the written word.
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Right, which is why he won't take questions from Fox and cries because they tell the truth about him.

As long as you aren't Republican. He might have some faces there to make it look good but this administration (Pres and Congress) won't even consider Republican bills or ideas.

Irrelevant.

obama is a douche, I'm with Rush - and, no, I don't listen to Rush, I just happen to agree with him.
  17. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

He's the 'Entertainment Tonight' president, glitz and glam and no substance, well unless you included misleading the public and crisis hopping. I like my Presidents not to be celebrities until their film career is over.
  18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +391 / 6 / -9

That's pretty much your best chance to stomach him.
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Do you scream at your Mexican housekeeper when she doesn't return with the Oxy on time too?
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't have a housekeeper.

I agree with Rush that I hope the douchbag obama fails. Miserably.