Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Asks ??? Governor Paterson Not To Run.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 20, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,993 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/nyregion/20paterson.html?_r=1&hp
    African Americans have 1 Senator in DC and soon there will be but 1 African-American governor in the country. But the democrats routinely play the race card in the media ... okay ... call me clueless but I don't get it.

Why don't democrats work harder for racial equality in positions of higher power in America? Seems to me the media puts the people in the pipeline that it wishes to gain popularity. Seems to me the democrats have no problem with this process.

It's much easier to call someone racist than it is to roll up your sleeves and advance the political careers of deserving African-Americans in the country. Time for the democrats to practice that which they love to preach IMO. Or is Obama just a puppet President they display on their mantle of righteousness. Paterson has his flaws ... but what have they done to help him out ... besides nothing?

2. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How long until he calls his buddy Deval and tells him to hang it up...he at least has an excuse, Deval doesn't :rolleyes:

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Blah, blah, blah.. to this casual observer, it seems to be more about cometence than about race.. but continue on. Do you support incompetence, or do you try to make it better???

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Does ANY race have an "automatic" guarantee of seats in government??? Patterson is a moron, an embarrassment for New York and the country. Don't know about Deval, but I know what his name sounds like.

Meritocracy: that's what is needed.

All this quota crap is just that: CRAP.

//

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,993 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Of course you make it better ... but better in this case means Cuomo. If this was the NFL, MLB or NBA the media would question their hiring practices. Perhaps the guy was in over his head ... perhaps some help would have saved him. Soon it will be Obama and Deval Patrick in a very, very exclusive club. Someone should pull the democrats antitrust exemption :rolleyes:(sarcasm). The democratic party obviously doesn't give a crap about recruiting ... the media is doing it for them - their way. Well they helped elect Obama so their quota for the next 100 years has been fullfilled.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -10

Because they're full of sh!t, the Democrats use "Race" as a "TOOL" they have done it so effectively that many Journalists, Politicians or anybody else in public life are petrified to question or disagree with this President some on the Right have and are doing so and immediately they are accused of Racism it is done right on this forum, look what was said about the Tea Partys, they are Americans demonstrating against something they don't believe in and because this president is Black they are accused of racism, it's f-cking disgusting, the backlash is building though the people aren't stupid, the crowds are getting bigger.

RACISM IS WHAT ELECTED THIS PRESIDENT RACISM DESTROYED HILLARY CLINTON RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN ALL THE FAR LEFT WING CORNERS OF THIS COUNTRY.

RACISM IS THE CHURCH THAT OUR PRESIDENT ATTENDED FOR 20 YEARS, RACISM IS JEREMIAH WRIGHT TRASHING WHITE PEOPLE AND HIS CONGREGATION GIVING HIM A SCREAMING STANDING OVATION, THATS RACISM

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -10

If I was the Governor of NY I know what I'd tell President Jug Ears.

8. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

As I understand it, this is purely a political thing. The governor is relatively unpopular, and Rudy Guiliani is pondering a run. So Obama and the Democrats, in the interest of keeping the governor of New York state a Democrat, want him to step down so someone with a better chance (as they perceive it) can run. I'm not really seeing how race plays a major role in this.

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Most do not, but the righties will figure out an angle.. they do it all the time and then blame the left..

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,993 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I think you're missing the point. Everyday I read stories in the media about race. I see this story and I am perplexed ... the country has 1 black Senator and 2 governors. After this they will have 1 of each. It's not that Paterson sucks ... it's that I would expect more from the democrats to help Paterson not suck. What have they done to help him out?

So I'm thinking ... why doesn't the party that's supposedly so racially sensitive have more blacks in the pipeline to become senators and governors. Perhaps if we put all 50 states senators and governors together for a group picture the thought behind this thread would make much more sense.

You can't go selling racial diversity if you're not going the extra yard to bring racial diversity. Why didn't they help Paterson out behind the scenes. make some appearances to shore up support for him. Get him some prime media time and sound bites. Nope ... they're getting rid of him. They're no better than the republicans on racial diversity. Fact is Bush had more color in his cabinet and his czars than Obama does.

So put away these racism stories ... enough of it. The democratic party does not walk the talk ... they talk the talk when it suits their purpose and that's the bottom line. Crickets chirping in this thread because the democrats here cannot defend their party ... can they?

Sheesh if only Paterson were Caroline or Joe Kennedy ... but he's not a good old boy is he?
    Paterson wanted Gillenbrand and not Caroline ... shame on him for not yielding to the big "O".

Did Obama ask NJ Gov. Jon Corzine not to run also ... his polls numbers suck just about the same?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Not sure we will know the answer to this question, but quite confident that the intent is not to keep the black leaders club exclusive, would like to think they would widen the targets of the extremists.. from what I have seen from afar is that Patterson does not seem all that competent, but really do not know.. his blindness throws me off somewhat .. so does Obama support him and watch him go down in flames, or do you support those who give you the best chance..

Would like to think that the Caroline issue is not a factor... if that was it, it is pretty damned stupid.. do not know much about Gillebrand..

Not sure how you can say they do not walk the walk.. they support what they believe is the most competent candidate, and in this case Cuomo???

You cannot extrapolate an anecdotal incident and apply it to the whole party, do you know of other examples of where the Dems have not supported a competent black candidate???

Do not know about Corzine, except there has been a recen trend downwards for Christie.. the race is now 44% to 37.5% in favor of Christie..

12. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Agreed, if Paterson steps aside, State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo is the likely nominee and a stronger candidate vs Guiliani....
    Race is irrelevant in this case, it's politics pure and simple. Which is why the Republicans are telling the President to butt out, they want Paterson to run, and lose to Rudy.

13. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

Fine your right again!!!!!

Still the lack of black Senators and Govenors is an odd fact.

14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,993 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

This is where I'm coming from ... I think this will be played against Obama. Not that it's his fault but the President is the defacto leader of the party for all practical purposes. On a side not ... the only way this country gets going in the right direction is to have a female President with an all female cabinet and all female czars. The good old political connections network is sickening ... not that we really vote for them or anything like that.:rolleyes:

15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,993 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Good post there Darryl ... I guess I'm feeling bad for the guy. It seems like Paterson was screwed before he became governor. An African-American blind guy getting the boot ... very very harsh for old Patty. Will the progressives stay on the sideline on this one .... I don't think Michael Steele will let it go unnoticed.

16. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Actually it's in Obama's best interest to have a Democrat in the state house, be it Cuomo or Paterson. The 2010 census will dictate new congressional districts and NY stands to lose 1 or 2 seats. With an R, not a D in the state house, those seats may be gerrymandered differently...

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Let's elect ALL black and blind guys!!! They MUST be the best!!!! Being black and blind is THE criterion for leadership these days!!! Don't need nuthin' else.

Sheeeit.

//

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Do not have a lot of empathy for anyone in public office, it goes with the turf... neither party does all that much for anyone other than the status quo... the purpose of any institution is to perpetuate itself...

When I used to spend time in the courts, was involved in a lot of conversations with attorneys.. they do a lot of verbal jousting, and remember on several occasions the idea of running for public office to black and other attorneys was posed and usually the response was are you kidding me??? The reality is that public office is just a great big dart board and every part of your life is scrutinized, most people enjoy their privacy.

19. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Obviously Obama is a Racist!!!!

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Watch Al Sharpie Sharpton go after him!!! :rolleyes:

//