Welcome to PatsFans.com

obama approval rating falling

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

steadily since day 1.......down to 56% now....exactly where bush was 5 months into his term......

no wonder he is griping about FOX news

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +718 / 2 / -9

He's going to turn into a disaster but the Liberals love looking at him.

With every left wing liberal news agency in the country kissing his a$s and slobbering over everything he says and does he shouldn't be worried about what FOX says.

President Jug Ears killed a fly yesterday on camera, Mush Mouth Matthews had an erection, Olderman passed out and Cute Perky Katie had sixteen straight Orgasms, Walter Cronkite is going to write a book about it, one of the loony dip sh!t lefty reporters saved the fly, he's going to have it mounted.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

It's still to early for people to admit they f*cked up. I'm surprised the number is still so high but I expect it to drop as people get further from their vote and admit to what they've done.

4. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama is going down. His change is going to be very short.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Buyers' remorse is setting in. People are realizing that all the campaign rhetoric was just that: rhetoric. I'm glad black folks finally got a guy they can identify with sit on the big seat and stand tall at the big podium, but now they see that it takes more than audacity to solve the problems. Reality doesn't change just because the person in the Oval Office changes, and this is starting to sink in.

Good. Now we can start getting real and address the issues from a constructive, positive approach. Hopefully.

Peace, Shalom, Salaam aleikum.

//

6. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's too bad that Obama's supporters can't get their money back because his hopeful changes are not working.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Bound to happen when he seems to be be not moving fast enough on impatient supporters on key issues. Make no mistake about it, those who posted above are not in the 56%...so your quips are kinda pointless.

Me? I still support him, but he has TONS of work to do.

I would like to see him approach Healthcare with more of an open ear to single payer.

The memo he signed yesterday still kinda pisses off gay supporters who were disillusioned by his stance on the sanctity of marriage. Rose colored glasses people. He doesn't support it.

His secrecy of visitors at the WH pisses me off, when he claims transparency.

The economy is STILL tanking, just at a slower rate.

Gitmo remains open and a recruiting tool for terrorists, no comprehensive plan on what to do with the prisoners.

These financial regulatory agencies will only work if people are regulating them, we will have to wait and see.

He is keeping in place, the Bush regime's wiretapping program.

We are still in Iraq.

There are many other things that he is doing that pisses me off, but lets be honest people...comparing his first 150 to Bush's isn't even close. Bush was already clearing brush and playing golf. He inherited NO wars, and a surplus.....

What SHOULD scare the fukc out of your haters...is that Obama still has a ton of work to do, and a ton of time. Despite the fact that there are a number of issues I am displeased about, he IS moving the country in the direction I'd like to see.

Oh......

and 56% is still good. Its still a 'mandate' according to your boy W.

8. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hey HD, how do you feel about the Czars, Cap and Trade, wanting to negotiate directly with Iran, and running Government Motors?

9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

His fellow Democrats in Congress are going to see midterms coming up soon enough, he's going to find it harder to get blanket support starting right about now.

10. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You ain't see NOTHING YET. Obama said it. I believe it ......

11. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

People are'nt that dumb, just powerless at this point. His administration has moved swiftly to institute the porkulus, a gamble on his part. Veiled attempt to distance themselves from the previous administration, the torture photos or thier decree on torture. The niavity of idealism with the Cairo speech, talk is cheap. The play nice in the sandbox, the Kid in Korea does'nt like to share. Now the skeptism of the rush to action on healthcare, the boy cries wolf too often, and Americans are just not that dumb. Oh, I forget, the I'm ashamed of our actions world pity tour. Unfortunately, the hits just keep on coming.

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

good questions....

Czars - Just a title, if he called them "secretaries of _____", would it make you feel better?

Cap and Trade - If polluters can't see the environmental benefits to curb pollution, economic incentives might be the only thing that will make them pollute less. Until sometihng cleaner and better comes along.....

Negotiations with Iran - 100% for it. exclusion, sanctions, threats don't work. I believe that a nation that sits on the largest oil reserves in the world, caliming they want to creatye energy with nuclear fuel is bordering on rediculous. They obviously want a nuke to be at the bargoning table. Why not avoid the nuke, and simply talk to them. The persians I know tell me that their nation will be quite different in a few years.

GM - If we turn the biz into something great, then its wonderful. I fully support Michael Moore's idea of a high speed rail manufatiuring plant, and to connect the coasts with such a project. If we decide to keep making $h!tty cars that break.....then this is a waste of $$.

My biggets gripes with the socialized bailouts (That began with Bush, by the way) is that we keep taking over FAILURES. Why can't we simply balance it off with also taking over Exxon, or Microsoft???

anyway...

ljuneau,

I would like to praise you for sparking debate on the subject...and not simply bashing to bash, but questioning me, and those who agree with some of what I spew.

Thanks.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +718 / 2 / -9

America's Politically Correct Love Affair, They Have Their Poster Boy Now They Will Have To Live With It

Why Are We Still At War Where Have The Anti War Liberals Gone, Where Is The Left Wing Media's Daily Body Count, Where Are All The Story's Of American Soldier Savages Raping The Poor Little Muslim Girls, Where Is Sean Penn
    ---------------------------:confused:

14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

56% of who?

Stormfront board members?

'Cause all the legit polling people have the Obama's numbers holding steady.

The Republican party is not quite holding its own though; but that's for another thread.

15. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I find it hard to believe that he's as high as 56% quite honestly, in fact these supposed "polls" don't seem to reflect what's actually happening with people, the shift to Fox news for example or the incredible jump in alternative/independent news site hits.

I live and work in the liberal state of MA but there isn't a single person I know who likes what Bam's bringing to the table, not a one. Most are business people,professionals,college-educated and "successful" btw, some are life-long dems too. People who used to like him no longer do and that's a fact. 56% seems skewed:p

16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

which ones?

Obama: Job Ratings

get a clue........they are falling and disapproval is rising