Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama and The Rezko Lot Handout

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Mar 27, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Thanks to Google Earth ... Obama's gift scam has been exposed. I wonder if he gave all that money to the poor? somehow I doubt it.

Anyways...I'm all "EARS" on this one.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +660 / 7 / -2

They're all the same. This is all too common in all facets of life.

3. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Yup left to right and all inbetween ... different religions worshiping the same idol ... the ones printed on the green rectangles.

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Like being a born again Christian ... you must be bad to be saved to be good.
    He's a reverend ... he can do penance for himself by himself.:p

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm supposed to get upset because some lobbyist let Obama use his yard?

Man, the scandal police must have really fallen on hard times to go after this non-story.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Did someone imply you should get mad?

Members here only post threads to anger others?

How about somebody posts a thread to start discussion
    if the topic is worthy of course ... now THAT is a novel idea isn't it?

8. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You'll have to forgive me FBN:rolleyes:

Your comments in posts 1 & 4 of this very thread imply that you think this is some sort of negative mark on Obama's record. If you're curious the word 'scam' and your implication that the Senator worships money triggered my responses. Perhaps more neutral words in the future might be more useful.

9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

I'll admit ignorance to this story because I really don't get it. But let's forgo that, what is the point of this story? Is Obama corrupt now? I'm not being facetious I honestly don't understand what the worst case scenario meanes here...

10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sure, we know. It's always a "non-story" when it involves a liberal Democrat.

See no evil. Hear no evil. Right.

No. WRONG.

//

11. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The way I see it is that now that the Senator's kids are old enough to cross the street by themselves that parcel of land equals more grass to cut and more leaves to rake when the Senator could be watching the Bears get lit up by the Patriots some fall Sunday.

If Rezko had turned around and sold the land to the Obama's for like a dollar, that would be an actual story. As it stands right now there's nothing there. Perhaps the deal was Rezko buys the land on the expectation that at some point he'll be able to put a house on it and make millions. The Obamas are allowed to make use of the yard in the meantime as long as they agree to not fight Rezko when goes to get a building permit. Those sorts of zoning decisions are heavily influenced by what the neighbors have to say. Or maybe he hoped that Obama would be elected President and that the Secret Service would come along and dump a big pile of cash on his head to get it for security reasons.

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, like the Clintons now charging the Secret Service (= US Govt = the U.S. taxpayers) $10,000 per month to use a little cottage on the tony home Westchester property they "own"???

The Clintons went to Washington in 1992 with little more than the clothes on their backs. Eight years later they are suddenly worth tens of millions of dollars!!!!! :wha:

Tell me, how does that happen on a $400K/year salary??? They must have saved up everything, invested heavily in oil stocks, and eaten a LOT of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!!! Or, maybe some "friends" gave them tens of millions for "favors"???? All those guys and gals they pardoned at ten minutes before midnight of their last day in the White House??? Or the Chinese, who now, miraculously, have gotten their hands on ultra-advanced radar, computer, and missile technology, all of which was classified as "Top Secret" by the U.S. govt., and only accessible to somebody like a president??? Say it ain't so, Joe.

But, of course, Obama is "different". He and his lovely wife would never DREAM of taking any "pay-offs", any "favors", anything that even has the appearance of a bribe. Nah. Not good ol' Barack. He's as pure as last night's snow fall.

:rolleyes:

:woohoo:

//

13. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is the reason why every thinks you suck Foggy. How in the world does this in any way involve the Clintons?

As usual the Weasel from Vilnius is attracted to the bright, shiny object that is Bill Clinton and will now force this thread to be yet another Clinton bashing circle jerk.

14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

No question ... you are correct. But "get upset" :confused:

Not getting it really. I mean there's lots here I don't agree with but I don't "get upset", it's a discussion board not a shrinks office.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No question, some people take themselves far too seriously on this board.

Sigh.

:D:D

Like Pressy talking about how I was in a bad mood because he was having a "mommy mommy I lost my cookie" tantrum.

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

The story's botom line is that a scandal for one is a non-story for another. Many voters are way less knowledgable than those of us who take the time to discuss the issues. There's no question Obama was done a huge favor here ... not innocent at all. Were that Mitt Romney he would have been fried repeatedly for it. But it's the golden candidate Obama and he gets a pass. The double standards in this election are sickening. In a fair world Hillary could sue the media for their bias in this election ... but it's not fair, the reporting is not accurate and the media does their best to elect our next President.

17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And McCain-Feingold actually gave them even more power to do that too.

Another reason to hate McCain.

18. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We get this from the n00b with over 700 posts between February and March?

Folks, just do the math on that and then ask yourselves who's obsessing over this place:)

FBN, I have no idea what you're trying to get me to say. Its as if you haven't been reading every other post put up here for the last several years.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  19. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

speak for yourself sd ... Foggy may be opinionated but he certainly is not blind to the real story here as you are. You could research thousands of real estate deals and you would be hard pressed to find one where a seperate lot was lanscaped and fenced in as a single property when the lot owners were not the same.

In fact when I bought my house in 1990 it was 2 house lots ... my house sat on 1 side of the 2 just like his ... my wife and I bought them both ... fenced in the yard as 1 lot ... I had no Rezko ... but the kids loved the yard to play in. ;).

20. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Walk me through that please. Land speculation is a complex topic. I'm not seeing how there was no chance for Rezko to not benefit hugely (in a purely innocent way) by this deal.