Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama’s Global Tax Proposal Up for Senate Vote

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Feb 13, 2008.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Well when queried in Hannity and Colmes this week a group of dems primary voters were unable to come up with 1 concrete accomplishment of Mr Obama. In the spirit of bipartisanshiip I would like to offer this bill being sponsored by Mr Obama:

Great now the UN will be taxing us. Wait till we see the new taxes required for Universal health care....

http://www.familysecuritymatters.or...securitymatters.org/challenges.php?id=1386596

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

And wait until UNIVERSAL Health Care really means it. Free everything for people in every country - paid for by us because we're rolling in money :rolleyes:

Thankfully even the liberals generally aren't for this kind of thing I don't think.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Does anybody know what Prince Obama has done except talk pretty and walk onto a stage applauding himself, this kid is nothing but a politically correct f-cking joke.

What makes Prince Obama presidential material, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the democrats in their rush to politically correctness and their obsession of being diverse and "cool" didn't put another republican in the White House, sure the far left whacko democrats are going nuts over him and the liberal media keeps shoving him down our throats and making it look like he is going to be canonized but what about all the millions of silent people who are sitting home watching all this Coming Of Christ Bullsh!t, two Liberal Grinning Hand Clapping Liberal Democrat Jerks is all you see daily on your TV with a few thousand fawning sappy MTV groupies slobbering for the camera's behind them.

Prince Obama, Pant Suit & Blue Dress will disgust the American people to the point that Mccain will probably get the biggest landslide the country has ever had.

Aren't any of you sick to your stomachs of these Democrat airheads and all ther Change Sh!t.

Good God Almighty,

:bricks:

4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

This has to be unconstitutional. I am not a fan of the generalizations that people choose for the "general welfare clause" which states : "lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts, and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defense and general Welfare of the United States"

But I can at least see where people who choose to expand it to stuff like social security and medicare are coming from. But there is no reasonable interpretation that requiring us to provide money to other countries provides for the general welfare of the United States. There just isn't.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

While we're on the subject of interpreting, perhaps one of you would be kind enough to explain how Congress increasing foreign aid appropriations and President Obama signing off on them becomes taxation by the UN? Heck the SC rejected the line item veto because the Constitution says that Congress can't even pass off to the President its control of the nation's money.

Oh and for the record, Japan gives out more foreign aid then the USA. Not per capita either, just plain more. The USA is ranked something like 25th among the industrialized nations of the world.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

Warning to honest people. It appears that Republicans lie again.

Where in the bill does it say that "the legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid," patsfan13? If you can't back up what you said, then we can presume that you are using a dishonest source.

Here's a link to the actual bill, which talks about findings and perfectly sensible steps to take to address global poverty:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-2433

7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Let me laugh now ... :rolleyes:

Iraq and Afghanistan ,their universal Health coverage provided by the United States .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/WORLDHEALTH2.png

Map : Country WITH NO Universal Health Care : USA , USA ,USA , USA ,USA
    Thank You Bush.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  8. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Warning to honest people. It appears that Republicans lie again.

Lets hope Patsfan13 is not using and backing two dishonest websites on the front page of patsfans political forum, that would clearly show a pattern that patsfan13 is lying,dishonest,decietful,untrustworthy,lacking integrity and honor.....I will link the first dishonest website that patsfan13 was pushing on our members as truthful, that is until he and his website were exposed as scams.

HERE'S the first dishonest website patsfan13 was using in attempt to mislead forum members,On this page alone
    http://ibdeditorial.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=287279412587175

And now the link exposing the scam patsfan13 was pushing.
    http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2008/02/dont_trust_anything_you_read_i.php

Wait, what? Patsfan13 and a mostly right-wing web sites are you dishonesty in the service of a political agenda? Stop the presses!

This is in the spirit of bipartisanship exposing how deceptive political posters operate...

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've heard the 0.7% of GDP figure before from the UN. Its a goal to reach for, not a mandate. Because we all know the UN can't mandate anything.

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Well if you look at the amount the US spends defending JApan, and maintaining the sealanes Japan depends on ....they come ot way ahead, same for Europe also.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

From the Bill:

Now the UN Millenium commission specifies .7% of GDP, this bill instructs the Prseident tio impliment the Millenium commission rwequirements.

see:

http://mirror.undp.org/unmillenniumproject/press/qa4_e.htm[url] http://www.un.org/millennium/declaration/ares552e.pdf[/url]

Obama's bill isn't honest enough to specify what would be required to do the bidding of the Un Masters.
    Glad to clear that up for you Patters.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

First, I'm against universal health care.
    Second, we basically have it anyway as the uninsured still get treatment at our cost.
    Third, why bring up Bush ? Did Clinton, Carter, etc, get this done for you ?

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

A perfectly sensible step is for you to give what you want, me to give what I want and for you to stay the f*ck out of my bank account.

14. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

The chief Bush decided to invade Afghanistan and Iraq , Mission Accomplished.I don't remember that clinton or Carter were involved in that Horrible decision to put us There.
    Bush,the genius did it.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

What does this ahve to do with 800b+ in givaways to the UN?

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

You're either not really that bright, or are being intentionally disengenuous. If you think the Afghanistani's and Iraqi's are better off than you when it comes to medical attention, then you're stupid. I don't think you are, so I'm going to guess that you're being intentionally disengenuous. Those people get a military medic, with a bag of bandaides in a tent, as "Universal Coverage". If you go to the hostipal here, and have no insurance, you won't be refused. You'll be treated. What's even more comical is that the same people crying for a government take over of health care because they say they can't afford it, are the same people who support the government paying for the care of 20 million illegals.

17. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What is our objective in Iraq that is worth the cost at home in terms of Child Health Care, Universal Health Care, Hydroelectric generators on the Ohio and other rivers? What are we fighting for that is worth the lives we are losing or ruining? What are we protecting besides Bush's place in history?

[​IMG]

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

How about asking the same question about the money this thread is about or the money Obama wants to pour into Darfur ? If you want the money kept here, a reasonable request, it works for both parties' international forays.

19. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/02/14/local_news/doc47b34500c7a72143942116.txt

20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

Your link didn't work, but found what I presume is the same file at the UN. I find no reference to 0.7%. I didn't read every line, but searched and skimmed. Care to show me where it is?

http://www.un.org/millennium/declaration/ares552e.pdf

Also, Obama's bill is designed "to further ... objectives," and it spells out various steps that can be taken in that regard. But, nothing links those steps in any way to the GNP.