Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oakland Police Critically Injure a Iraq Vet taking part in OWS...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 26, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Too bad for this vet, serves his country defending our rights, and then when he exercises them he gets hit in the head by what looks like some very zealous police action...

American dreams include Veterans and American Indians too.....

Here are some videos of this event, he was part of Veterans for peace.. 1 down in Oakland

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...eran-injured-by-police-at-Occupy-Oakland.html

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

It is a shame the protesters choose not to get permits or follow the law, when asked to leave or for clean up of their filth.

Should the authorities allow the drug dealing and so on to continue and ignore it?

The other crimes occurring?

However some of the OWS leaders will welcome violence, since it advances the agenda...
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +305 / 1 / -9

I commend you, it's good to see a liberal defend somebody in the military, they are usually trying to find fault with them.

Nobody is paying much attention to the OWS now, time marches on, nothing is forever, they should have all gotten together from all over the country and then marched on Washington and The White House, thats where all the blame lies, that's where The Bailouts Came From, Washington Protects The Rich.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I'm sure there were those who had those same sentiments during the Arab spring: if only the protesters had gotten permits. But, wait, the Tea Party seems to be pro-dictator and the right wing seems to be hoping that the governments that replace the dictators are Islamo-fascist, so maybe they agree that the protesters should have gotten permits to protest Qadaffi and Mubarek?
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

$#!tz gettin REAL out here in Oakland!

Permits, schmermits...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Ratified 12/15/1791

its only the very 1st amendment...
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The pro-police, law-and-order fascist [:nono:] don't like it when protesters stay too long. Teabaggers did their "day protests" and then went into the Holiday Inn hotel rooms for the night, and showed up the next day all refreshed and energized. Their "revolution" is dying. This group of protesters deserves some admiration for their fortitude and stubbornness. They are not there to play by the rules because the rules are what is killing this country with mediocrity and compliance with the corporate rule. The police havew a long tradition of applying the will of their Owners. Goes way back in history. Thus we have this result and fascist jackasses blaming the protesters for police brutality.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

Does any of that justify killing a man?...

sounds like you welcome violence, too, I guess since it suits your agenda
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

Liberals defend members of the military all the time.

Where are all the "patriotic" pubbies who are so quick to send troops to war but don't give a sh*t about them when they come back broken, physically and / or mentally?
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

You'd have to ask the dem mayor of Oakland who ordered the demonstrators to leave then ordered the cops in when they didn't comply.

Not really if the anarchy became bad enough perhaps dems would follow up on their wish to cancel the election....

I perfer the morons be on display for the public to see.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +318 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

No, of course not. They should randomly shoot unarmed American war veterans who are peacefully exercising their first amendment right to assemble in the head with rubber bullets.

Much easier than actually doing their job and arresting the drug dealers and those committing other crimes.
  11. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This from a poster who doesn't even understand what the root cause is, so he applies a partisan explanation so it all sounds better in his own head.

The irony is poetic.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

Your proof it was random? a couple of rocks were injured by rocks thrown at them. Do you have proof this guy wasn't one of the rock throwers?

A little advice for the local ancharist, don't throw rocks at cops they don't like it.
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

The root cause?

Upset they can't deal Heroin there?

They want a free college?

They want a guaranteed income?

They don't want to take a shower?

They are homeless and want a free meal?

They are sexual predator and the hippies are easy picking?

They are easy manipulated morons?
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How does "serious but stable" condition, as described in the article, become "critically injured," as described in the thread header? :confused: :confused:

Sure sounds to me like the non-lethal weaponry did its job.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" is the second one, but you liberals sure don't seem to mind violating that one.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Cracks me up how the Teabaggers who say they're against big government cheer on police as they exert the ultimate force on The People. The ultimate contradiction in this modern "debate" about the need or lack of need for the government. When the government wants to give services to the people, they scream bloody murder about taxation without consent and sh!t (except, of course when those services are in the form of the military destroying innocent lives or handing out tax breaks to profitable corporations), but when the government deploys the goons to break up protests about their Bosses, that's different.

Selective "outrage".
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +318 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

I'm sorry the rocks got injured.

Be that as it may, do you have any proof he was throwing rocks? (And since when you do, the biggest supporter of military veterans on this board, assume that a two-toured Marine is a rock thrower?)

Since there is ample video available of tear gas cannisters being thrown directly at the people rushing to aid the downed Marine and they are in no way "throwing rocks" or anything else at the police, I tend to think that "random" is the right word to use - unless you think the police were deliberately shooting tear gas cannisters at an unconscious Marine and the people attempting to rescue him.

A little advice back to you - please don't make unfounded accusations against unconscious Marines who've just returned from two tours in Iraq - people here who support our military might take offense.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama is pro guns. Does that make him a conservative?

Obama anti-gun?No, anti-gun control - Chicago Tribune

"Obama's record on this issue has been largely overlooked — except by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, which recently issued a report card flunking Obama on all seven issues it deems important. Said President Paul Helmke, "If I had been told, in the days before Barack Obama's inauguration, that his record on gun violence prevention would be this poor, I would not have believed it."

Had he listened to the candidate in 2008, he would have believed. At a September campaign rally in rural Virginia, Obama declared unequivocally, "I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away. .. There are some common-sense gun safety laws that I believe in. But I am not going to take your guns away."

...he's approved changes that should gladden the hearts of gun-rights supporters, a group that includes me. He signed a law permitting guns to be taken into national parks. He signed another allowing guns as checked baggage on Amtrak. He acted to preserve an existing law limiting the use of government information on firearms it has traced."
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow. The woman who always lecture us about not showing respect for the police is showing an awful lot of disrespect of her own.
    [​IMG]
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +318 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Olsen’s condition was described by an Highland hospital spokesperson as “critical” at 3:10 pm ET Wednesday, around 16 hours after police action put him in the Emergency Room. At 5:36 a tweet from the @OccupyOakland account confirmed that Olsen would be shortly entering surgery.

Veteran in critical condition after police assault at Occupy Oakland — RT

Sure does - unless he dies or ends up brain damaged.