PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O yee of Little Faith (or Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could stop protecting a record that has no meaning without a championship and other fans actually make fun of.

??? In the history of the entire NFL--

Name me all the other teams who went 16-0 in the regular season. NONE

Or all the other teams who went 18-0 at one point. NONE

It's a shame for the Patriots that they went through the first 18 games and 58 minutes and ended up having the dramatic helmet catch against them, but stuff happens....that's the way life goes.

It's hardly anything to have people "make fun of," and if they are it's only because they realize that their pwn team could never do such a thing.

That team had the guts to go for it, and made it into the 19th game by coming up a few pts short, but it's not even remotely anything to even consider being "embarrassed" about. How many teams in sports hang banners when they win their division or conference, yet end up losing in the championship or even prior to that in the playoffs? Who's embarrassed? I'm sure they were disappointed just the same as any other team who doesn't win the SB, but I would hardly think that anyone was or is "embarrassed" on any level whatsoever. That's ridiculous.

Why is it we feel the need to fight overt pessimism with equally absurd optimism? Can't we just be content letting the panicked and the morose wallow in their own depression? All you're doing is making those of us with reasonable optimism have to side with the Others.

These are the same chicken littles that had the Ravens game carved in stone as a loss.

The Patriots are going to win.

NE has the better HC,QB,RBs and pass defense. The Pats match up beautifully here.

Which proves the point a Good Defense can get the better of a Elite Offense I think our Defense is peaking at the right time.

Theyre peaking and getting healthy at the perfect time compared to last AFCC.

Talib and Dennard noticeably. Ryan is playing well. Arrington had a rough game last weekend, but he is a streaky player because some games he can do no wrong.

If the Pats were heading to Denver with last seasons banged up pass defense, I would be talking draft right now, but they are not.

Love the optimism and will never understand the pessimism...over sports?!?!?!?!?!?

A few weeks ago, after losing to Miami, the Pats were heading to Baltimore to face a Ravens team that was getting hot and looking more than solid. They were fighting for a playoff berth and many of the talking heads were predicting they'd get the #6 seed and that no one would want to play them in the playoffs. I admit it, I didn't give the Pats much of a shot with Gronk gone and just so many walking wounded.

They not only won that game, they beat up the Ravens.

I have no idea how they're doing it. Duct tape? Bubble gum?

Their defensive line has two undrafted free agent rookies, a 2nd year end, and Siliga, who was undrafted and had played what, one game?, before coming here.

Their linebackers inslude a 2nd year guy, a rookie, and an undrafted 2010 pickup who missed all of last year on IR and was never a starter before that.

They have two rookies and a couple of second year guys among their 6 top DBs...

They have no actual outside receiver...three small slot guys.

Their tight ends are...well...

And here they are, and they earned it by beating up the Ravens and pounding the crap out of the Colts.

They also beat Denver after a freakishly bad first half, had Carolina beaten in Carolina, beat New Orleans, and slaughtered Pittsburgh. They lost a game to the Jets on an awful call, and one to the Panthers on an awful non-call - either of those would have had the AFCCG coming through New England.

I don't know how they're doing it, but they are, and convincingly. Just looking at the last 3 weeks, is there anyone playing better football? And they have like $27,000,000 on IR, including both defensive captains.

I don't care what happens Sunday (well, of course I do, but you know what I mean), but this team owes me nothing...they've got more heart than anything I've seen since maybe 2001.

And how BB isn't Coach of the Year is beyond me.

Let's face it. Belichick could be named Coach of the Year every year.

It's astonishing to see how well this team plays every year, even with injuries to key players. They keep getting better and better as the season rolls along and then there they are at the end. We're the luckiest fans in the world.

It's Thursday : Nerves are Setting In

Anyone else wake up with a nervous pit in your stomach? I mean, this game is one of the biggest games if ever been anticipating.

If the patriots lose I will be devastated. If the patriots win I will be drinking all night long. I can watch tv for 2 weeks of they win. There will be Super Bowl media day if they win.
It's almost game day and it's not time to get serious.

like i said in another thread any of these 4 teams could win it all. I wont be shocked or angry about anything that happens.

I will be most happy if the patriots win, but barring that id rather the seahawks take it all.

The harbaughs are kind of asshats and peyton is someone i hope never gets another title.

What's Your Plan For this Sunday??

Mine:

Start drinking around noon. Good buzz by 2 pm. Watch the game with friends. If they win, get completely hammered for the Seahawks game.

Holiday on Monday!

What's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes