PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O line tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The Patriots palyed three tackles today. Light Britt and Kaczur (welcome back).

Britt and Kaczur combined with Light for 236 yards rushing and ZERO sacks. Great job!

This confirms to me that we have four superior offensive tackles,any of which are capable of starting and performing well.

AzPatsFan said:
The Patriots palyed three tackles today. Light Britt and Kaczur (welcome back).

Britt and Kaczur combined with Light for 236 yards rushing and ZERO sacks. Great job!

This confirms to me that we have four superior offensive tackles,any of which are capable of starting and performing well.

Right, but it also helps greatly when we have two strong blocking TEs, Graham being one of the best in the league, who help out a lot in power sets.

Wotan_the_Wanderer said:
Right, but it also helps greatly when we have two strong blocking TEs, Graham being one of the best in the league, who help out a lot in power sets.

I agree that Graham is a great TE, however, Graham was the one beaten twice by Justin Smith to hit Maroney in the backfield. I'm not sure if he was supposed to have help on the plays (hopefully BOR or Pats1 can clarify later), but Graham was the one Smith beat.

Very young too. Check out ages of the OL.
Light 28
Mankins 24
Koppen 27
Neal 29
O'Callaghan 23
Britt 24
Kaczur 27
Hochstein 28
Mruczowski 26
Yates 26 (practice squad)

I hope the Pats re-sign D.Graham. That would give us
tremendous talent and youth at positions where continuity
is important in the blocking game.

DaBruinz said:
I agree that Graham is a great TE, however, Graham was the one beaten twice by Justin Smith to hit Maroney in the backfield. I'm not sure if he was supposed to have help on the plays (hopefully BOR or Pats1 can clarify later), but Graham was the one Smith beat.

Hey, anyone can have a bad game...

200+ yards on the ground and no sacks are two great stats that the Pats can take into next week. The O-Line (and TE's) are great this year!

oldskool138 said:
Hey, anyone can have a bad game...

200+ yards on the ground and no sacks are two great stats that the Pats can take into next week. The O-Line (and TE's) are great this year!

Don't get me wrong. I know anyone can have a bad game and I am one of the biggest Graham supporters there is. I am just trying to keep things in perspective. That is why I said I wanted to hear from BOR or Pats1 regarding the play-by-play stuff. I want to find out if Graham was supposed to have help or if he just got beat cleanly.

DaBruinz said:

Yeah, I saw that too. But what's Smith, something like 280-290lbs? I can't find too much fault with Graham for getting beaten once by a DLman.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
Graham is not a great TE. He is a superb blocker but as far as his hands and route running it is average at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes