PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O.K. - Who was the idiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappy

Rookie
Reaction score
(sort of kidding)

I am wondering if there is any way to find out who cast the lone vote for Brett Favre? I wonder if he will come out and admit it...

In all honesty, I don't necessarily blame him - Favre had a great year, and was undoubtably invaluable to his team. However, I would be curious as to where that voter ranked Brady: I would probably be a little peeved if he did something like left Brady off his ballot due to the camera-gate episode.

P.S. I don't think John Madden really has a vote (as alluded to on the PFT website).

Re: O.K. - Who was the idiot....

(sort of kidding)

I am wondering if there is any way to find out who cast the lone vote for Brett Favre? I wonder if he will come out and admit it...

In all honesty, I don't necessarily blame him - Favre had a great year, and was undoubtably invaluable to his team. However, I would be curious as to where that voter ranked Brady: I would probably be a little peeved if he did something like left Brady off his ballot due to the camera-gate episode.

P.S. I don't think John Madden really has a vote (as alluded to on the PFT website).

The only possible argument not to vote for Brady is that his season was "made" by Moss. Possible, not plausible.

A vote against Brady is a vote for Al Queda

does BB have a vote? I could see him voting against Brady to get him angry.

it makes no sense whatsoever, unless the 1 vote is for Moss.

Nobody besides those 2 deserve any votes.

You cannot ignore the perfect regular season and records just b/c Favre is playing well and b/c he's old.

Felger said this AM on the PAtriots pre game on channel 4 that he didn't have a vote (LOL) and while he's heard there may have been cheese stains on the lone ballot (he was j/k) the word is it was a "national" voter from an internet site, and not some local writer from GB.

I'm not even sure whether the 50 voters vote the whole ballot or groups of 50 in rotation vote each category. I know with baseball awards the ballots rotate so that some guys are voting Cy Young one season while other seasons they vote another category or not at all.

But at the end of the day, why does it matter?

Has there ever been a unanimous winner? If not, it would be a shame to fall 1 vote short due to someone with an agenda...

(sort of kidding)

I'm with you. I'm only surprised there weren't more votes for Farve. There absolutely would have been had the Pats lost a game.

One can make the case that Farve is more solely responsible for the Packers than Brady is for the Patriots. Not that either team would be winning like that without their QB but there's no question having a WR with the skills of Moss has allowed Brady to showcase his talents like never before.

But like with coach of the year, a QB/team leader who ushers his team to a 16-0 season puts himself in another stratosphere, and 49 out of 50 voters agreed with that... but I can still understand why that one voter can justify a vote for Farve.

Either Mangina or Don "the insalenly-jealous ole fart" Shula

I'm glad Brady missed out on one vote. I'm not even joking when I say that BB and Harrison will find a way to turn this into bulletin board material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back