PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O.K. Fellow Members...Who here has actually been a player on a football team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played DLine in highschool. Won a few games but high school football in Andover MA isnt really that big a deal.

Hey don't be dissin' the Cape Anne League!

I went to Amesbury.

Played PopWarner, jr high and High School. Played tailback and corner, gunner and returned kicks and punts. Teams had pretty good seasons. Best game= 3 TDs.

O-line and D-line in Jr High, D-Line in HS. Started a few games, but I wasn't fast enough to compete.

Only sandlot football and "kill the guy" (aka smear the Q).

When I was at UNH (Durham), I played Rugby one season, a forward. That game is F-ing brutal. I wimped out after one season as I valued my brain too much and saw too many concussions. I regret that decision. :)

When? I played club rugby for one game too for UNH in'82. Too brutal no matter how fast you are.

Pee wee football for me: DB/HB. Intramurals in college we were champs one year with the smallest co-ed dorm.

Started a flag football team at work. We'd make the playoffs but get hammered. Had to end after 3 years due to 2 guys with acl tears in the same game. Disability....company freaked.

Re: O.K. Fellow Members..Who here has actually been a player on a football team?

1993 Western Mass Super Bowls

Division I Springfield Central 28 West Springfield 7
missed game due to injury
Division II Lee 42 Athol 8

1994 Western Mass Super Bowls

Division I Springfield Central 15 South Hadley 14 played in this game
Division II Lee 22 East Longmeadow 7

1995 Western Mass Super Bowls

Division I Holyoke 47 Greenfield 16

Division II St. Joseph's 19 East Longmeadow 7

Hey Briz....looks like you and I both played in a Superbowl in 1994! I was on the East Longmeadow team that lost to Lee. I was a junior that year. Lee that year had our number...they dominated us in that game.

My Senior year in 95 was awesome...we went 9-2: Loosing the first game to out of division South Hadley, going going undefeated in our league, defeating Longmeadow in the Thanksgiving game, and loosing to St. Joseph's in the Superbowl. That game was alot closer than the 19-7 score says. With 2 minutes left, we were down 12-7, and that's when disaster struck.... on 1st n Goal at the St josephs 8 yard line, our QB fumbled the snap, and the other team recovered. Having the wind knocked completely out of our sails, they ran a sweep and scored on the very next play...we were all in tears at that point. The highlight of that game for me, was stopping their RB at the 1 on their 2pt conversion when they score their 2nd TD to hold them at 12.

Anyways...I played all 4 years of HS ball with East Longmeadow. My primary postions were TE and OLB. My freshman team was winless 0-4. I played as a backup on JV and Varsity my sophomore year. Started at OLB on the JV team my junior year, we were 9-1. My senior year I played on STs, and was a backup for TE, OLB, and G...I got a lot of playing time, but never started.

I tried out for Westfield State, but the coach thought I was too short to play at the college level and I was cut.

I've been obsessed with football since, being about to watch the Pats and recognizing formations, shifts, and stunts is awesome...as most of my friends cant understand how I can predict plays, and see penalties happen before flags are thrown.

Does being on the field at halftime twirling a flag count? If not, I'd have to say no, I have never been on a team, but I've sure enjoyed watching!

High school only. 4 years varsity at small Catholic school. TE, punter and kicker. Switched to soccer keeper at UMass. Much easier.

Intermediate School Intermaurals down in Falmouth, member of the Bears (or was it the Giants?). WR on offense, ILB on defense (yeah, go figure, the school had just split early and late sessions and was used to be 4 teams was now 6... if you could walk, you played).

Hey don't be dissin' the Cape Anne League!

I went to Amesbury.

Andover is not in the Cape Ann, it is in the Merrimack Valley. North Andover is in the CAL. Do not EVER confuse the two. :enranged:

As for the OP, nope. Never played football outside of some sandlot games.

Today I got a call up to the Great British Lions training camp.

University at Albany (1AA), Punter, 3 year starter, 2X First Team All Conference, 2 Time Mid Major All American, Northeast Conference Champions(2002), ECAC Champions (2002)

Intramural high school
I was a starting guard.

Played in High School- started ILB/Guard sophomore through senior years

Played at Plymouth State College in the mid eighties- started at Rover (OLB) my sophomore year and was moved to ILB where I started both junior and senior years. Had some very good teams, played both DIII and DII teams back then as well. NCAA/ECAC playoff teams all four years. Plenty of injuries as well....feeling them now.

QB of my HS team - big school (class of 1000 - class A) but lousy team. Played DE on JV's but only QB on varsity. Never put a helmet on again after the turkey day game senior year.

Defensive end and tight end in high school here. Never made the big leap into the college scene though I was tempted to try to walk on though.

University at Albany (1AA), Punter, 3 year starter, 2X First Team All Conference, 2 Time Mid Major All American, Northeast Conference Champions(2002), ECAC Champions (2002)

Can a punter call himself a football player?;)

Played in the NFL.........

Just kidding! :p

I played QB, WR, S for my high school football team.

I had to stop my senior year because of an irregular heartbeat.

Re: O.K. Fellow Members..Who here has actually been a player on a football team?

I played Tackle and Defensive End in Pop Warner and then played TE and Safety in high-school.

Edit: Then I went to Art School:)

Last edited:
there is an older, and MUCH longer thread on this subject, if u want to bring it up

but for the record

in high school as a junior i played wr.......did not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back