Welcome to PatsFans.com

O, how the mighty are falling

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seems like it's getting harder and harder to hide from the truth these days.

"The truth shall be revealed", seems to be coming true!!

[size=+3] Detroit mayor to face felony charges[/size]

DETROIT, Michigan (CNN) -- A Wayne County prosecutor said Monday she will seek felony charges against Detroit's embattled Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick reportedly sent romantic texts to his chief of staff, contradicting earlier testimony.

Kilpatrick, who is married, has been snarled in a well-publicized sex scandal since January after The Detroit Free Press reported he exchanged romantic text messages with his then-chief of staff, Christine Beatty.

The Detroit Free Press reported in January that in an analysis of nearly 14,000 text messages on Beatty's city-issued pager, it found some from 2002 and 2003 that indicated the two were having a romantic affair.

The newspaper report contradicted testimony Kilpatrick gave last August in a court case brought by police officers against the mayor and the city of Detroit alleging the mayor retaliated against the officers for their role in investigating his office. Critics alleged that Kilpatrick committed perjury in the case and called for his resignation.

In testimony during that case, Kilpatrick and Beatty both denied having a romantic relationship.

Prosecutor Kym Worthy said that "even children understand that lying is wrong. Witnesses must give truthful testimony."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/24/kilpatrick.investigation/index.html#cnnSTCText

"Even little children know" a lie is wrong.

"You must be as little children in order to enter the Kingdom of God."

//
  2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So they lied about sex. Everyone lies about sex. They lie about how much they're having, they lie about how good it is, and they lie about who they're having it with and/or who they wish they were having it with.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

I would hardly call the mayor of Detroit mighty, he is what he is... the mayor Detroit, who lies about sex.. there seems to be a trend amongst powerful men.. maybe it is good I do not have any.
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You mean power? Or...

:singing:

:D
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, mayor of Detroit is a pretty significant position, probably as significant as governor of many smaller states. For this fellow to be exposed like this portends more of the same, I'm willing to bet.

Clean up, resign, or be exposed. Eh.

//
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ever wonder how Fog never starts threads like these when it's a white republican politician caught with his pants down?
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... because you, GJAJ, wessyboy, the NEMster, and others always beat me to it.

You've heard of the term, "fair and balanced", haven't you?? Might be a foreign concept to you, though.

//
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

That's never why. I think you're lying again.

The next time you post a legit thread about the unethical behavior of a Bushie, or a GOP lawmaker, will be a first here.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then your thinking is wrong, again. No news here.

... as will your posting of a gaffe, faux paux, high crime or misdemeanor done by a Dem/Green/Lefty whatever. Let's just be open: you whack Bush, and I come back with Clinton. It's never going to change, except in ten, twenty, or 30 years, I KNOW how history will judge Bush compared with Clinton: Clinton's short-term feel-goodisms will all be dust, and Bush's long-term assurances that America is not dead will be what people are talking about. That is, unless the Dem/Pelosi gang destroys what's left of America.

//
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Heh heh heh...Foggie just said PC whacks bush.

LOL
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:nono:

Totally unintended. Didn't even notice it, until you brought it up. But, now that you mention it, PC is a bit of a bush-whacker, isn't he. But, then again, so am I:

[size=+4] GET BUSH!!! BAD BUSH!!
    UP AGAINST THE WALL WITH BUSH!!![/size]

//
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Amazing that a poster who's wrong at every turn ironically champions himself over and over again. What a self-congratulating world you live it. We all chuckle at you.

Wrong again. George Bush will go down in history with the same legacy as your other favorite president -- Dick Nixon. A divider, a liar, a partisan, a man prone to paranoid delusions. A man who's last boastful island -- the economy -- is now sinking under, pulling all Americans with him. Good job Boy King! Give thanks to idealistic zealots like Fog who believed in you.
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's funny how you accuse Foggy of posting about himself, but look at your own self description here.
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What part are you talking about? Being a liar? Show where I've lied. I mean, I know we've caught you in at least two lies already. What do you think you have?
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

See, now your 'belief' that I lied about anything is definite proof of your paranoid delusions and your tendency to attempt to divide everyone here.
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Nope, just isolate you 28 percenters. It's rather easy.

Anyhow, you've lied twice about Plamegate, alone. Either that, or you're profoundly ignorant. It's sorta like Boy King: What's worse -- stupidity or dishonesty?
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, I haven't lied.

Having different beliefs and opinions from you doesn't make someone a liar.
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Having the opinion that Richard Armitage is a coward is about as accurate as having the opinion that Tom Brady isn't a good quarterback. Suggesting he "hid" after coming clean to Patrick Fitzgerald IMMEDIATELY is, in fact, either profoundly STUPID or a FABRICATION. Considering how super smart you trumpet yourself to be, I suspect the latter. And with that, you were hoping no one would call you on it.
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, I think he's a coward for allowing the country to go through what he put it through simply because he wanted to 'get' GWB.

I don't give a rats left ******* nut whether you think it's stupid or a fabrication, it's what I believe from looking at the evidence.

I never claimed to be super smart by the way. That's a straw man created by you in order to attempt to beat me over the head a little.
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Actually, you did... You suggested another poster was making a mistake matching wits with you, and you went on and on about your various degrees, as if serving notice to the forum. Don't lie again.

Anyhow, how did Armitage "allow the country to go through what he put it through," after his testimony to Fitzgerald? What was he supposed to do? Call all the networks and shoulder all the blame, despite an ongoing criminal case? Were you in drama in high school?

Now I'm starting to believe it's both stupid and a fabrication.