Welcome to PatsFans.com

O-BAM!-a

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Apr 4, 2007.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama reveals a $25 million war chest that comes right up in the face of former front-runner Clinton.
    Question: Does this give him legitimacy in light of these new dates for early primaries in states like California? What does this mean for Clinton? (I think she's toast)
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whatever it means for Clinton, this is definitely good news for Republicans. The last thing Republicans want - and something I remain afraid of - is Hillary cruising to the nomination without any challenge in the primaries.

As long as Barack Hussein Obama can provide a reasonable challenge, more's the better.
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To me, it makes me sick that money = electability.

WHy cant some poor broke mutha run for office? Perhaps if there were some legislators/executors that WERENT rich, we'd have a better perspective on solutions to real world problems. Most of these politicians havent lived a day in the "real world" in their lives.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I'm not sure how electable Hillary is to begin with. She has such a negativity about her that will be difficult to reverse. For her, it would have to come down to the right match-up. I think Obama has a very legitimate shot at winning the nomination, although the DNC doesn't want him anywhere near being the nominee. Why? Cuz they know Obama will have a tough time winning the general election, and he doesn't seem like the type to get dirty like Hillary would. Personally, at this point anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing a Rudi/Obama heads up. Again, at this point, I could live with either one winning the job. I'd say they might be the two people I trust the most at this point.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obama is freaking out the RNC....
    Obama is freaking out Hillary....

watch for the name calling to become more frequent.

Rudi losing steam
    Mitt picking up duckets
    McCain one foot in the grave.....give it up.

there are still a few dark ponies yet to enter, but this race is starting to heat up!
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hillary will use every dirty trick in the book against Obama then flip flop and put him on her ticket if she gets tthe nomination.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

like Reagan and Bush....
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Someone emailed me this today. I thought it was funny. :D

A West Virginia couple, both bonafide rednecks, had 9 children. They went to the doctor to see about getting the husband "fixed".
    The doctor gladly started the required procedure and asked them what finally made them make the decision - why after nine children, would they choose to do this.
    The husband replied that they had read in a recent article that one out of every ten children being born in the United States was Mexican, and they didn't want to take a chance on having a Mexican baby because neither of them could speak Spanish.