Welcome to PatsFans.com

NYT September 30th, 1999: Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 5 / -2

Please note the date of the article. I saw this posted in another forum, and I think it's a dude that posts here in the main forum to boot. Anyhow, this pig goes back even further than this. Research the Community Redevelopment Act of 1977 too.

New York Times

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

By STEVEN A. HOLMES
    Published: September 30, 1999

In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.

The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring.

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 5 / -2

This guy might be in Nostradameus' blood line or something.

Sheesh. Too bad no one was listening.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+2] Hello, RW! What have I been saying for the past several days?? Are you finally getting up to speed? Well, better late than never, I suppose. Try to stay focused on the ball, or you'll drop it, for sure. [/size]

//
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

If you choose to go beyond the obvious bait in an effort to blame parties or politics, you will find that the people who benefitted from CRA, the single homeowner, have done quite well. The problem seems to point to the Real Estate Investor, aka the house flipper, and those who built empires based on cashing in their equity to the point that they are upside down in their mortgages..

Blaming the beneficiaries of the CRA is somewhat begging the issue.. it is an easy out, but does not focus on the larger problems..

http://www.traigerlaw.com/publications/traiger_hinckley_llp_cra_foreclosure_study_1-7-08.pdf

Developments : Changing Demographics of the Foreclosure Crisis

Subprime borrowers losing investment properties to foreclosure - BusinessWeek

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The only "bait" here is that the truth is out now about how this debacle started and WHO started it. BarackO and Biden have been making this campaign about "CHANGE from the failed policies of Geo Bush and John McCain". Well, turns out the only failed policies have come from Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and the Democrat Congress over the past 35 years. The truth has been revealed, and it's not what the Dems were expecting. They thought they'd skate over this disaster, blame it all on Bush/Republicans, but guess what, the truth is the opposite.

God is alive!

//
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

here is a suggestion, do not read what I posted, be content in your own little thought patterns.. being a brainwashed cultist shows more and more each time you post.. no tolerance or attempt to understand anything that goes beyond your core beliefs...
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's funny. I feel exactly the same way about your posts, and about you!!! Brain-washed left-wing nut job, still living in the 60s, with his Che posters and tie-dyed tee shirts, getting a little paunchy, maybe lost a few teeth. But, hey!! Richie Havens didn't have many teeth, and he sang great!! :rofl: Funny, but not in a humorous way.

//
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

RW, i'm sure you agree with him on this issue... but isn't he annoying in a Newman sort of way? c'mon... just admit it...
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

how is this not a blatant personal attack? just curious...

unwelcome back, Fog... you weren't missed...
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

This AM he attacked Patters also, unfortunately this seems to be allowed..try to attack him and see what happens..
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Translation: "Hey, RW, was' up, dawg!! Hey, you my home-boy, and we is TIGHT, sho' nuff. Yo, dawg, I be you friend if you just hate on the Fog man for me. What say, dawg!! I'll give my girlfriend for the night!! "

(But God says: ) Just resist the temptation, Real. It isn't worth the hassle. Pressy will hold it over your head until the day you (or he) die.

:D ------------------------------------------------ nailed PC ---- :D

//
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Well, we appear to be relatively safe until FTW returns from his hibernation to dole out a new round of partisan infraction points ... Not hard to miss noticing that he hasn't been heard from since being directly asked if he pointed/banned me for merely asking if he killed reflex's thread several weeks ago...

I took the proper route, and hopefully Patters will address Fog for calling another poster a "nut-job" indigent... i'll wait a few days... if not, and there's no discipline of Fog, finally for once, for running his goofy mouth ... well then we can all rest assured (logically, right?) that its Fort Apache in here, and we can all tell posters like Fog exactly what we think of him and his opinions...

I mean, if there's no real rules, i should be able to remind Fog that he's a ---- -------, --------- ------, with -- ----
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

fix your quote... you have me muttering your goofy words... that's the biggest insult...
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I see you're both ODing on your hypocrite pills, as usual. Can dish it out but can't take a warm breeze going your way.

Waste of time, both of you.

//
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh, believe me, religious fantatical... I can take it... I'm just asking if I have a free pass to deal with you the way you so desperately deserve to be handled...
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you "can take it" so well, then why are you so hot "deal with me"!! You don't have that "man-love" thing going on, do you?? Anyway, I'm sure if you just deal with the issues instead of getting personal with people, calling them names, etc, etc, you will be fine!! You do seem to have improved a lot since I last was around.

Oh, and by the way, the word is "fanatic", not "fanatical". You sure you're a professional journo??

;)

//
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

thanks for ruining another otherwise intelligent thread... complete with your obligatory punt to a homophobic jab...

what i said was clear, regardless of your pettiness... i'm simply wanting very badly deal with you properly.... waiting for the green light...

anyhow, glad you've conceded you're a religious fanatic...