Welcome to PatsFans.com

NYT’s Media Menagerie & Netroots Hand Republicans 2006

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DeanPatsFan, Jul 11, 2006.

1. DeanPatsFan

DeanPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.democracy-project.com/archives/002643.html

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Re: NYT’s Media Menagerie & Netroots Hand Republicans 2006

I brought this up during the Kerry/Bush election. Instead of crying all the time about republican misdeeds. The democrats need to slam the airwaves left and right convincing America that they can be tough on budget control (Clinton was) and tough on military protection.

The public is engraved with the notion that you vote democrat for domestic issues and republican for world safety. Bush has destroyed the republicans claim to budget control and his hurt hi party's standing on protecting the country.

I knew he was lying...I knew what he was up to...but many americans don't feel that way. The time has never been better for the democrats to seize the moment and speak in honest and practical terms about protecting the country.

They will lose some donations from some on the left but they may pick up moderates money (like me) in the process to offset the loss. I'm still waiting...i don't hear it. Hillary won't convince anyone of this...it will take a tough no-nonse democrat who won't get into the nit-picking election diatribe to do it...until they do...every election except in favorable liberal states will be close or lost to the G.O.P. because of security.