PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYFL* has a big ****ing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love hearing about this, and l'm sure I'm not alone.

How big of a cluster has this league become when die hard fans of the sport enjoy the NFL* leadership looking to be in trouble?

This story is delicious.
images

Playing Devil's advocate, this might be hard to prove. They'd have to prove that they purposely let people in despite knowing the game won't be played. From my recollection alone, I remember hearing the game MAY be cancelled due to field conditions, about an hour before game time, I'm sure the fans were already allowed to enter more than an hour before game time. I'd love to see the NFL get hammered for this big time, phone records exposed, etc. But I think nothing will come from this.

I do also remember them saying the wanted the fans to stay, because they were doing the Hall Of Fame field ceremonies regardless.

NFL HOF message to Goodell:

Playing Devil's advocate, this might be hard to prove. They'd have to prove that they purposely let people in despite knowing the game won't be played. From my recollection alone, I remember hearing the game MAY be cancelled due to field conditions, about an hour before game time, I'm sure the fans were already allowed to enter more than an hour before game time. I'd love to see the NFL get hammered for this big time, phone records exposed, etc. But I think nothing will come from this.

I do also remember them saying the wanted the fans to stay, because they were doing the Hall Of Fame field ceremonies regardless.

If it becomes a big 24/7 story and gets legs, it won't matter if it's hard to prove. The allegations themselves is terrible press for a league that is always embroiled in scandals, but this one would be worse because it's the fans themselves as the victims.

So what are the odds that McAfee gets suspended under Article 46? I wish I was joking, but it's gotta be in play at this point.

I'm sure they had a good reason to defraud their customers. Money is a good reason right? At the end of the day though, this'll just be another on the long list of NFL gaffes that most people think is wrong but don't really care about... until it happens to them.

They can dig up a text from five years ago of Goodell texting someone "haha we got em!" as proof.

They're not worried. They'd rather throw away ten times the lawsuit amount in paying lawyers to fight it. If that doesn't work, they'll pay off the judges. No matter what, the fans won't care and everyone will still get paid. That's the only thing that matters.

They're not worried. They'd rather throw away ten times the lawsuit amount in paying lawyers to fight it. If that doesn't work, they'll pay off the judges. No matter what, the fans won't care and everyone will still get paid. That's the only thing that matters.
They're not worried about ANYTHING, and they have no reason to be worried about anything.

Wow! According to one of the comments:

Section 8.1 of the NFL Constitution requires the NFL to “select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner of the League.”

Don't know if this is real, but if it is, this requirement is certainly NOT being fulfilled. Some industrious national sports writer with stones should investigate and, if true, should lead with this as a headline in an expose.

Oh wait ... where can we find an industrious national sports writer with stones? :(

They're not worried about ANYTHING, and they have no reason to be worried about anything.

Agreed. There are dozens of fans on this very site who tell the world on a near daily basis that it doesn't matter what the league does. They are addicted to NFL football and will watch it and throw their money at it no matter what. Why should they be worried?

Wow! According to one of the comments:

Section 8.1 of the NFL Constitution requires the NFL to “select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner of the League.”

Don't know if this is real, but if it is, this requirement is certainly NOT being fulfilled. Some industrious national sports writer with stones should investigate and, if true, should lead with this as a headline in an expose.

Oh wait ... where can we find an industrious national sports writer with stones? :(
In Washington, DC. Her name is Sally Jenkins. Although, I suspect she might be "Goodelled out" and I wouldn't blame her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back