PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Post: Jets still chasing Pats .. Woodhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more words: They had just traded up for McKnight and didn't want to look like fools.

Of course, that's exactly the kind of thinking that usually leaves you looking foolish.

Which is actually what separates Belichick from the rest of the pack.

He knows drafting is far from a perfect science.

He stockpiles picks, uses them to move up, or drafts more players than he has any shot of fitting on the roster.

Some GMs and coaches with big enough egos wouldn't cut a 2nd rounder and keep an undrafted free agent as that might make them look bad.

Bill doesn't care where you were drafted. He keeps the players who earn a roster spot, and the team is better for it, even if some question his drafting ability.

Which is actually what separates Belichick from the rest of the pack.

He knows drafting is far from a perfect science.

He stockpiles picks, uses them to move up, or drafts more players than he has any shot of fitting on the roster.

Some GMs and coaches with big enough egos wouldn't cut a 2nd rounder and keep an undrafted free agent as that might make them look bad.

Bill doesn't care where you were drafted. He keeps the players who earn a roster spot, and the team is better for it, even if some question his drafting ability.

Though the comparison with the Jets is kind of unfair. Rex Ryan wanted Woodhead, but Tannenbaum and the management wanted to stick with the high draft pick.
I think actual coaches would care less about where a player is drafted, and we have an actual coach in charge of personnel. When you look at how dysfunctional some teams are (SD, DAL) you have to appreciate Kraft for keeping his hands off.

Why haven't we extended Woody yet?????/ what is the wait?????

PS- if we don't sign him and go w/ Faulk instead. I am cutting ties w/ this team despite how much I love them.

Faulk is on IR.... he has no contract..... why are we not locking Woody up long term?

Why, because Woodhead is white and Faulk isn't?

I couldn't resist, it was just too easy.

Why ignore him just because you don't agree with his point of view? Even though they may be a little idiotic.:p

Idiocy & a waste of time reading inane, hard to read formated posts

I'm strongly thinking of finally going the Ignore route which I've never done previously

Last edited:
Why, because Woodhead is white and Faulk isn't?

I couldn't resist, it was just too easy.

Faulk has probably one more year and that's it. We will keep Woodhead and allow him to further develop under Faulk if he continues to have success. It's absurd that people may be thinking that we won't resign him. We will if he keeps it up.

Idiocy & a waste of time reading inane, hard to read formated posts

I'm strongly thinking of finally going the Ignore route which I've never done previously

C'mon guys, it's not that much of a hassle. I for one will just listen to what one has to say and peacefully disagree... and maybe even tell them that they are nuts. :)

Last edited:
Why ignore him just because you don't agree with his point of view? Even though they may be a little idiotic.:p

Saying that you're willing to wish injury on a long time Patriot who has done nothing but bust his ass for us after years of service in which he's had his hand in helping the team to three Super Bowl victories earns the ignore. Not just because I disagree with it.

Saying that you're willing to wish injury on a long time Patriot who has done nothing but bust his ass for us after years of service in which he's had his hand in helping the team to three Super Bowl victories earns the ignore. Not just because I disagree with it.

Yes, that is a pretty stupid thing for him to say. Kevin Faulk is the man and is probably my favorite player on the Pats.

I think Faulk is like Troy Brown.....Pats will find a spot on roster for him as long as he's healthy and can play. He'd make a great mentor for Woodhead.

Drafting a RB in first 3 or 4 rounds should also be on BB's list of things to do in April.

Last edited:

Looks like he has been banned anyways. No need to add him to the ignore list.

Looks like he has been banned anyways. No need to add him to the ignore list.

Congrats to the mods. After the NEM fiasco where he shoulda been banned 400 times before he was, the leash has been shorter.

Congrats to the mods. After the NEM fiasco where he shoulda been banned 400 times before he was, the leash has been shorter.

It's an easy decision to make when a so-called pats fan posts that he is hoping for a career-ending injury to a Pats legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back