Welcome to PatsFans.com

NY Elections Soprano's Style.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 30, 2010.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

Interesting stuff, wish the tape started at the beginning it looks like Dicker was in Paladino's grill very aggressively as the tape starts.

from the link:

The child he had outside his marriage isn't new news at all. I would be ticked if someone sent a photographer after a 10 year old, nasty.

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I thought it didn't matter how it was edited? You don't even pay attention to your own bullschit as you flit from thread to thread, do you?

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

The right plays by different or situational rules...

The right loves to talk about how the constitution is being violated or trampled on, but can excuse a newspaper editor who is threatened by a politician.. guess no free speech here. Maybe the way the right thinks is that the constitution only applies sometimes...

5. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or that 10 year olds shouldn't be the center of a campaign... unlike Obama who trots out the kids all the time.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Sooner or later, someone in this race is gonna be swimmin wit da fishes.

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

I would have liked to see how things started. NBD trying to make a mountain out of a molehill again, typical content free post.

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

When all else fails the desperate right wants to bring the kids into this discussion, even though we agree that children were off limits... the right loves anarchy.

9. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL I thought we were controlling facists?

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Perhaps I am naive, but as a group we agreed collectively that we would not bring children into the discussion... but if you want to do so, it speaks volumes about your maturity and ability to discuss things intelligently..

No one person made a decision, we all agreed...

11. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But this whole thread is centered around a media attack on a child so... yeah, I guess if you want to completely ignore the central theme then vaguely attack the other side for it... pretty much standard Democrat protocol right there.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

From your view maybe, but from mine it is more about violence, trying to curb the press and dishonesty with the voting public of New York...

Paladino should deal with the allegations.. pure and simple, reverting to violence, particularly for politicians is poor form.

13. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Of course the nastiness of that tactic isn't what made the headline. I don't care what party you're with, is this really the kind of politics we should tolerate? Everyone loves to jump ugly on just about everything anyone says yet hiring photographers to follow a 10yo girl around is accepted as just part of the game.

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

You're absolutely right, LND, and I agree with you 100%.

Something needs to be done about the people who hire these kinds of photographers.

Maybe we could start with the organization which employed this particular photographer in question since Paladino's campaign people (and I assume Paladino himself) have already identified the slimebag in question. (And just a hint, Cumeo has nothing to do with it.)

Paladino spokesman Michael Caputo said afterward that a Post photographer recently put the lens of a camera against the daughter's bedroom window while she was practicing for a school dance and she has had bouts of crying and has been calling her father every day since.

Paladino told The Associated Press it was the way Dicker "came into my face that was aggravating." He refused to answer questions after a long, well-received speech to the state Business Council.

Post spokeswoman Suzi Halpin and Cuomo had no comment.

The New York Post is a property of News Corp., as is FoxNews.com.

FOXNews.com - Paladino to Reporter: 'I'll Take You Out, Buddy!'

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

The allegation today on the radio was taking pictures of the child inside her house with camera lens against the house window, this would have scared my daughters to death when they were that age. If true what were these people thinking?

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Too bad in some elections both guys can't lose. NY'ers are a lucky bunch. Bloomturd in New York City, and one of these two fogazies running the state.

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Like I said, ask Rupert Murdoch and NewsCorp. They're the ones who hired the photographer - if he does, in fact, even exist.

18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

What he said: .................... :yeahthat:

19. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

yeah right .... the EASY Button ... would love to have that decision all day long every election. We end up electing the lesser sleaze, the best looking sleaze, the sleaze with the most money, we sometimes elect the sleaze with the nicest family too.

In other news ... why anyone with a family chooses politics ... i don't get it ... :confused2:

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Well, this guy, Paladino seems to have a nice family - but he sure doesn't seem to treat them very well.

Cathy said learning about her husband's 10-year-old daughter, Sarah, (only a few hours after her son was killed in an automobile accident,) didn't faze her. "I think when you lose a child . . . everything changes. So when he told me about Sarah . . . it was a very short affair, it was 10 years prior, and um . . . my first thought was, 'How lucky. Every child's a gift.' That was my thought. I wasn't angry, you know. I can deal with one family crisis at a time. But to multi-task . . ." She laughed softly. "It's not that important."

Nor did she feel betrayed that her children -- William, now 39, Danielle, 36, and Patrick -- all knew about Sarah, and that Patrick had been very close to the girl and begged his father to tell mom the truth.

Carl lied, she said, out of love for her. "Out of protection, even though [the affair] was over, he made the decision not to say anything. And, in retrospect, you know, maybe I'm glad for that 10 years, you know?"

Sarah is a fully integrated member of the family, embraced by Cathy, who did not object when Carl traveled to Italy last year with Sarah and Sarah's mother, a vacation that included a visit to the Vatican.

Read more: Paladino's wife tells of son's loss, hubby's affair & 'get over it' policy - NYPOST.com

Now I'm a very easy going person, trusting and all - but I gotta tell ya, if MrP took off for a Italy vacation, complete with trip to the Vatican, with his love-child and that child's mother - I'm pretty sure I'd send annulment papers with him - and we're not even Catholic.